AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Illu'a Road Numbering System

Go down

Illu'a Road Numbering System Empty Illu'a Road Numbering System

Post by emgmod 18th February 2010, 08:02

The first road I named in Illu'a was Route 27, the main road going through Invernessen. I gave out the number randomly. mrtnrln(SC4D) suggested that I should make a numbering system, based on the German one. I messed up the German numbering system, and made up my own thing. Another typo gave me the name Illu'a.

--------------------

Two Digit Roads

How the numbers work
Highways going east-west have odd numbers. Highways going north-south have even numbers. Odd route numbers increase from south to north. Route 05 is at the south of the island, and Route 95 is at the north. Even route numbers increase from West to East. Route 10 is at the west coast of Illu'a, while Route 90 is at the east coast.

Routes ending in 0 or 5
Major Highways. These roads are where the major arterial roads throughout the country. For example, Route 05 is a major East-West highway for the south coast of Illu'a. They always have to be at least 4 lanes, with grade separation optional. They connect larger cities with each other. Always have signs and lights.

Other two digit routes
These routes are minor highways, that connect smaller towns. They only stay in one of the six Provinces in Illu'a. For example, Routes 01-04 and 06-09 are minor highways in the Province of Ashcroft. When a minor highway crosses a border, the number changes. They have to be paved, and have at least two lanes. Signs and lights are optional.

Three Digit Routes
Commonly known as Subhighways in Illu'a. These are local roads that connect two digit roads, or are used as urban roads. They are given a number, and a number of a nearby two digit route is added on at the end. For example, Route 305 is Subhighway 3 of Route 05. In the rare case that a Subhighway crosses a border, it retains its number. These highways the most diverse roads in Illu'a, from gravel roads to urban freeways.

--------------------

E-Routes
Routes that fit the Illu'a Freeway Standards Test are given the designation of an E-Route. E-Routes is usually abbreviated to E. For Example E10, or E-Route 10.
Freeway standards to come later.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Illu'a Road Numbering System Empty Re: Illu'a Road Numbering System

Post by emgmod 21st February 2010, 08:03

Updated.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner