AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind

+4
Tyler
Peter
Blakeway4
Thomas
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind Empty Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind

Post by Aranho 3rd April 2010, 19:07

The Leave No Child Behind (abbreviated to LNCB) is a proposed Act by the Alliance of Independent Nations Department of Education, Safety and Health which will give an opportunity for all children to receive proper education and cover the new compulsory education standards regardless of race, religion, financial background and physical disability.

Under the Proposed LNCB Act, the following points will be included:
General
1) All children must receive proper education
2) No children will be neglected based on choice (race, religion, financial background and physical disability).
3) All children must at least complete primary education.

For countries with non-free education
4) Education Financial Subsidy Scheme (abbreviated to EFSS) is a scheme that will be created to give any children with financial difficulties a subsidy on their school fees.
5) Children with any financial difficulties are qualified to apply for EFSS.
6) The percentage in subsidy will be determine on the financial situation of the children.

For physically challenged (e.g. blindess, deafness, immobility of certain limbs, etc.) children
7) All children who are physically challenged must be allowed to attend normal schools depending on the physical condition.
8.) Physically challenged children who are not certified to attend normal school must be allowed to attend schools for the physically challenged.
9) Physically challenged children who have financial difficulties are qualified to apply for EFSS.

Until this proposed Act goes up for voting on April 17 2010, please debate on the LNCB Act.

Last edited by Aranho on 6th June 2010, 09:06; edited 4 times in total
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind Empty Re: Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind

Post by Thomas 3rd April 2010, 19:08

Why aren't they allowed home-schooling?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind Empty Re: Disapproved | Leave No Child Behind

Post by Blakeway4 3rd April 2010, 19:39

Ok, hmm for the home-schooling thing I'm against this act for it! *please awnser Thomas' question* Well, is this act gonna get down our different educational programs by putting together this and creating a educational way for all nations of the Alliance?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 3rd April 2010, 20:11

Children under home-schooling will have a higher chances for children not being taught the full curriculum set by the government.

Based on what I further research, private school is not home-schooling. Private tutoring is not home-schooling if that children attends school also.

Btw, what are the advantages of home-schooling? And what are some religion that requires home-schooling?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd April 2010, 20:15

Religions? seriously? what's the rapport? I guess schools are all lay?
Well hmm advantages of home-schooling are the following:
- When you're asocial it's a good way to learn
- When you're paralized " " "
- If you don't like to see the face of teachers
- If you don't want to have the mind of doing a bad thing at school.
- etc.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 3rd April 2010, 20:27

If the parents feel that they would prefer to home-school a child, they should be allowed the right to do so.
Home-Schooling might be more useful in rural communities a long way from schools, especially if they live on a farm or something and are self-sufficient, driving 30 miles to school isn't very helpful is it?
Maybe a set curriculum and the requirement of a trained teacher/tutor to also help the person home-schooling the child?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 3rd April 2010, 20:33

Blakeway:
I don't know but I've done some research and found out that some parents home-school their children due to religious reasons? So I wonder what religion requires home-schooling.

For your first two points, I can excuse certain cases to allow home-schooling. Otherwise, home-schooling is illegal in most cases.

Not wishing to see the teacher's face is not a valid reason. After all, whether you like or hate the teacher it doesn't matter. Why? The teacher have finish their education while you, the student, are still studying. If you hate the teacher, there's two things you can do. 1) Don't listen to him/her and ignoring the homeworks given to you from the teacher you hate and get poor exam results, or 2) suffer under the teacher's torture by listening to everything he/she says, do his/her homework and get good grades in the end. Smile

Also, if you hate one teacher, there are still other teachers teaching you other subjects you need to learn. If you hate all teachers, no further comments. Cheeky/Razz

For your fourth point, why would you want to do bad things in school? After all, there will be teachers monitoring all students most of the time so, you misbehave, you visit the principal.

----------

Thomas:
For rural communities, if possible, then a community school will be built. Otherwise, an excuse may be allowed. However, the children will not learn the fundamental skills taught in schools.

As said earlier, private tutoring is allowed. To add on in order to reply to your second point, what you said is also possible.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 3rd April 2010, 21:17

First off, when I first read the title, I thought it was just like the one here in the US, where we had to lower the standards of american schools. Because of no child left behind in the us, our educational standards became drastically low. AHHHH!!!!!

Second, I agree with thomas, if parents want to homeschool(I dislike the idea of homeschool btw) their children for any reason, its their children so I think they should freely be able to homeschool their children.

But other than that, I agree and like this proposal Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd April 2010, 21:33

hmk Aran, I understand your view now Laugh TY
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 3rd April 2010, 21:40

Home-schooling
4) Home-schooling will be illegal at the primary
education level as home-schooling children will lack certain fundamental
skills.
5) Home-schooling will at the primary education level is
only allowed for special cases.
6) Home-schooling may be legal at the
mercy of the country's decision at non-primary education level.
7)
Parents failing to send their children to school will result in
punishment at the mercy of the country's law.

Certainly dont agree with the home-schooling. In Iowa. Its allowed, and its just as good if not better than normal school. More attention to the full standards. Every quarter (45 school days) if im not mistaken the state requires the home schooled kids to take a test over what they were suppose to be taught. This requires them to teach everything.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 4th April 2010, 00:28

Yea, the government has a set curriculum that home-schooled kids have to learn... So if that's in their when we vote im voting no...

And this only applies to public schools correct? Private schools can still pick who goes there?
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th April 2010, 21:28

The reason why I proposed home-schooling is illegal at the primary/elementary education level is because this is the most important education period of any children.

Why? It's the period where children learn important skills for the outside world.

Home-schooling is allowed depending on your country's law at a non-primary/non-elementary education level (e.g. secondary, tertiary, etc.) as this is when the children is more independent.

And this only applies to public schools correct? Private schools can still pick who goes there?
Sorry but what do you meant by this?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 4th April 2010, 21:30

Well if it bans home-schooling. Escambia is against this proposal
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th April 2010, 21:34

Ditto Escambia's position for Ollingdale.
No home-schooling, "no" vote from me.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th April 2010, 21:36

Before I finally decide to change the home-schooling law, I've post the admendment to the home-schooling law:

Home-schooling
4) Home-schooling will be illegal at the primary education level.
5) Home-schooling at the primary education level is only allowed for special cases.
6) Home-schooling may be legal at the mercy of the country's decision at non-primary education level.
7) All home-schooling children must register with the appropriate authorities.
8) All home-schooling children will be subjected to national examinations at the mercy of the country's law.
9) Parents failing to send their children to school will result in punishment at the mercy of the country's law.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 4th April 2010, 21:36

Yeah. Simply due to the fact. It really does effect anything. If a student in Escambia fails to pass the grade there in home-schooling the Department of Education reviews it. And has the option to send them to a private school near the location of the student. Also home-school parents have the option to have a tutor come in whenever they please to teach whats needed.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th April 2010, 21:38

I suggest the home-schooling to be the nation's choice. Then, there won't be any trouble. If a nation accept home-schooling as a freedom and another as illegal, well I think if you want that act to be accepted, to destroy the rule of home-schooling. Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 4th April 2010, 22:18

Arcacia cannot support this bill.

Bills such as these tend to have an effect opposite of their intention in that it sees education "dumbed down" to cater for less academic students, at the expense of others.

Arcacia allows home schooling.

This bill contravenes the Arcacian Constitution and therefore we cannot and will not support it.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th April 2010, 22:35

Due to the majority dislike towards banning home-schooling at the primary education level, I have remove the home-schooling rule.

If there are any points to discuss, please feel free. Also, if there are any specific groups of people that I may have left out, please feel free to bring it up and discuss about it.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 4th April 2010, 22:55

ULSTER SAYS NO! (Sorry, couldn't resist it - Thomas will understand)

It is a no from Holidia, down to the fact that we will be in violation of the act and we are not willing to change our education system. Holidians are extremely arrogant about their education system and there has been little change in over 50 years.

The Proposal wrote:2) No children will be neglected based on choice (race, religion, financial background and physical disability).

Schools in Holidia are segregated - State schools tend to be protestant but will accept catholic students (95% of pupils are protestant/non-aligned Christian), whilst catholic schools ONLY accept catholic students with some minor exceptions (thus 99.3% of pupils are catholic).

Whilst Children who have a physical or mental disability, have the right to attend a public school, the school boards strongly recommend that they are enrolled in special schools, not so much as a means of discrimination but the fact that special schools have specially trained teaching assistants and facilities for these children.

Secondary education, whilst segregated religiously and perhaps on gender (many grammar schools are boy or girl schools) is also segregated further, in the last year of primary school pupils may sit a transfer test (a series of two tests, covering maths, english (or irish in irish-medium schools) and science (also incorporates basic history and geography under science section, but very little)) that determines which schools they may attend (a pupil may attend any secondary school - Holidia does not base entry upon location of residence). Pupils scoring an A or B1 in the test can generally enrol in grammar schools (they provide a higher level of education and because students acheiving an A or B1 are more academically minded pupils are more focused), pupils scoring B2 or C1 may go either way (depending on whether their grammar school choices are over subscribed), pupils scoring C2 or D will not generally be of the critera to enrol in grammar education and will attend their high school choice (or if all their choices were grammar schools, the nearest high school as-the-crow-flies from their home). Some high schools have a grammar stream, that allows kids who achieve to be taught a grammar education.

High schools are completely free; although meals, school trips, uniform and school supplies (other than textbooks and jotters) must be bought by parents.
Grammar schools, whilst government funded, generally have fees (ranging from £40-£1500 a year, catholic schools also receive funding from the church and tend to be cheaper as are PPP schools). The fees are not compulsory by law, the law states this as a volutary donation, but schools take action against unpaying parents unless they get provision by BOG or the school board itself.

Full-time Education is compulsory until the 30th June after a pupil's 16th Birthday (unless the pupil is born in 1st-25th July, then it is the 16th birthday itself)

-----------

Home-schooling in Holidia is extremely uncommon (the legal definition is a pupil not enrolled in a public or grammar school), only around 1.7% of school aged population (age 4-16) are home-schooled and this includes pupils in one of the 2 private schools in Holidia which make up around 90% of 'home-schooled' children, as the national curriculum is not law-binding and merely regulations quality of private or home education varies and the only requirement is for a C or higher at GCSE in Maths and English.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th April 2010, 23:39

Schools in Holidia are segregated - State schools tend to be protestant but will accept catholic students (95% of pupils are protestant/non-aligned Christian), whilst catholic schools ONLY accept catholic students with some minor exceptions (thus 99.3% of pupils are catholic).

Although segregation is common in this situation, at least all children have a school to attend to cuz the Proposed Act is to ensure that every children have a school to attend to.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th April 2010, 23:44

Aran: Thanks for following my idea Cheeky/Razz

Great infos there Neil

Lanaya doesn't have segregation education.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th April 2010, 23:48

I personally against home-schooling but this Act should be moulded by the members of AIN, not me. So Smile .

But it's maybe because Singapore have a compulsory education so my POV is one-sided.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th April 2010, 23:50

Aran, do you think that home-schooling is puttin the child in a "isolated" environnement so that his/her futur social relations would be affected negatively?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 4th April 2010, 23:51

Yes. After all, school helps you teach to be sociable.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next