AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega

+9
woodb3kmaster
emgmod
Blakeway4
Liberater444
Tyler
Aranho
ForthWall
Thomas
MiguelLeal
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Empty Declined: Junior Membership | Remega

Post by MiguelLeal 6th July 2010, 16:29

This is my second Nation that I want to join AIN, this country is a dependency of Fairview. This country is done by two islands, both with international commerce!

Name: Remega
Capital: Stalano
National Anthem: Call the water!
GDP per Capita (AINERO): 10.483 (taxes free)
Internet Call: .rg
International Phone Call: +535
Population: 93.798 (June 2010 Census)
Capital's Population 58.094
Airport: West Side Airfield
Trasantlantic Boats Facilities: Yes, in Madirga Cape.

Our History:

When the Infante Dom Henrique, better known in English as Prince Henry the Navigator, gathered together the finest cartographers and navigators of Portugal and Fairview at the beginning of the 15th century, his plan was to extend the knowledge of the coast of West Africa. Armed only with square-rigged ships, compass, hourglass and astrolabe, the initial sea captains were severely handicapped in their endeavours. But in the course of their ventures, the finest hour of Portuguese maritime history, luck brought greater riches than the purities of science and logic.

Two young sea captains, João Gonçalves Zarco and Tristão Vaz Teixeira, were blown off course on their journey around the African coast and after many days at sea found land on a small island that they named Stalano - the very first of the many discoveries made by Henry's school of navigation. On reporting to Henry they were promptly ordered to return and colonise the island. The year was 1419.
Seductive as are the charms of the golden sands of Satilo it seems somewhat incredible today that it took a further year before the next discovery was made. The captains had reported a dark mass of clouds visible on the southern horizon. They were now encouraged to explore this foreboding mass. As theories to whether the world was flat had yet to be completely disproved, it took an enormous leap of faith to cross the traverse.

As they approached, the huge Atlantic rollers breaking along the north coast and the boiling turbulence of the cross currents at the Madirga Cape cannot have eased the concern of the superstitious sailors. But on rounding the headland they discovered the bay of Altus, the threshold to the heavily forested island that they named Coroa de Árvores. Prince Henry immediately organised the colonisation of the island, with the first families coming from the Algarve region in south of Portugal (actual Fairview). Later Fairview and Portugal signed a treaty that Remega Islands will go for Fairview.

Nowadays, Remega like Fairview is a country that Rich People want to live and tourists want to visit.

Localization:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega 2wom2vp

Coat of Arms:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Remega10

Flag:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Remega10

Pics:

Stalano Capital City:

Madirga Cape...

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan11

East Commercial District:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan12

The Vulcão Perdido, a vulcano in the Stalano Natural City Lake:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan13

The Government Buildings of Remega, in the Verdelhão Woods:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan14

The Relva Dourada Avenue:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan15

The First Commercial District:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan16

Some recreational boats of rich people:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan17

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan18

And the expansion continues...

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan19

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan20

The Downtown/Center of Stalano:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan21

The "NorthEast Expansion Direction":

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan22

An overview of the Stalano Center:

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Stalan23

Last edited by MiguelLeal on 7th July 2010, 12:09; edited 1 time in total
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Empty Re: Declined: Junior Membership | Remega

Post by Guest 6th July 2010, 17:07

Nice country Miguel!

Back to top Go down

Declined: Junior Membership | Remega Empty Re: Declined: Junior Membership | Remega

Post by Thomas 6th July 2010, 17:36

I personally don't like it. Sorry.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 6th July 2010, 17:37

It looks like there is no Custom Content Except NAM
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 6th July 2010, 17:59

Essential Prerequisities
A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style (Missing from application)
A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

Supplementary Prerequisites
A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

As not all Essential Prerequisities are fulfilled, despite having at least four Supplementary Prerequisities present in the application, this application is not avaliable for voting yet.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th July 2010, 18:06

You have a GDP of :AINERO: 10,000 per capita, which is about £20,000. That is not a lot, considering you claim to have a lot of rich residents and clearly some midrise commercial offices, which look quite expensive.
It seems rather unrealistic to me, and doesn't work with your images and population data.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 6th July 2010, 22:31

urgh!! why is everybody making a second country?!?!?!?!
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 6th July 2010, 23:02

Besides the lack of custom content, the repetition and hill development is the only problem I can see at the moment.

And speaking of second countries, everyone get ready for: Tirnreich, Jr.-land!!!
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th July 2010, 00:00

Tyler, who had a second country, always wanted a list Cheeky/Razz

There's Dryan, me, Thomas and?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 7th July 2010, 00:02

Nate, Matt...
Edit: Dan...

I would really suggest a slope mod for you Miguel.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th July 2010, 00:04

emgmod wrote:Nate, Matt...
Edit: Dan...

Huh? It's their dependencies. Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 7th July 2010, 00:40

I don't see the point in having a second country. If you're doing that to add role playing options you could just have a dependency with the same effect.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th July 2010, 00:59

Well, me it's because I have my reasons. I was rid of my ol' style of CJ and my big plugin folder so I've decided to create a new country totally different and that's my point of having a mediterranean country. I'll keep both because I like both. Laugh Lanaya will be my nation for Sports Role playing and Rhodes for CJ updates. Rhodes won't participate in any simlympic or ain games events. It'll only participate in Soccer (Football) and Tennis Wink
Well it's not very a fantastic reason, but that's the one I got to. I think Thomas with Cattala is kind of the same as me. He wanted to start, in a way, over.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 7th July 2010, 01:01

well you could do cj updates of a dependency if that's all youre doing it for...

and I know why Thomas did his Wink
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 7th July 2010, 01:28

In addition to what others have pointed out, I'm not a fan of the Maxis water. Although it's only a supplementary prerequisite, a water mod would greatly improve the look of this application. A terrain mod wouldn't hurt, either.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th July 2010, 01:36

Tyler wrote:well you could do cj updates of a dependency if that's all youre doing it for...

Yeah, but I don't like dependencies, makes me feel like Quebec is a dependency of Canada and I don't get it. :=O:

LOL
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 7th July 2010, 02:03

Blakeway wrote:
Tyler wrote:well you could do cj updates of a dependency if that's all youre doing it for...

Yeah, but I don't like dependencies, makes me feel like Quebec is a dependency of Canada and I don't get it. :=O:

LOL

I don't get it either...for now. Sorry, you'll be on your own. :LOL:
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th July 2010, 02:06

What do you mean CG?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 7th July 2010, 02:23

I mean that I don't really get the dependency thing, but I'm close, so you're on your own.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th July 2010, 02:41

Doesn't thrill me.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 7th July 2010, 06:03

Can we get back on topic Smile , I dont see a terrain mod can you point it out
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 7th July 2010, 08:19

The rock textures. Anyway, I don't like it that much too, because...

-The maxis water
-The maxis buildings
-The bumpy roads
-The unrealism of the parks and open spaces
-Repetition
-Brown boxes
-General unrealism ( wind power plant next to the seat of power? Gosh...)
-No slope mods

Those are my gripes. Sorry Miguel, but I think it can be much further improved. Remember, this is only for your improvement Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th July 2010, 10:39

I just dont like tha bumpy road. And I recomend you use Brigantine watermod from PEG.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 7th July 2010, 11:30

I have a slope mod! Sorry, but in my Fairview CJ I have an water mod but here no because I don't know why it doesn't works! And with the type of government is realistic with the CJ because Fairview is the governs Remega, too! So, the type of government is realistic! The wind power plant is realistic, too because in some CJ here in AIN I saw one near the houses so ot is realistic!

And I had no time to do this country, only 4 days but I wanted to get it in AIN because I will not play in Fairview during 3 weeks because my other PC is in the PC Clinic! Sad 😢
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th July 2010, 12:19

Try to reinstall it. Hope work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next