AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW)

+4
Sky Guy
emperordaniel
Thomas
K50 Dude
8 posters

Go down

Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW) Empty Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW)

Post by K50 Dude 23rd April 2011, 19:09

CLICK ON IMAGES FOR FULL SIZE! (they are around 1380 pixels wide each, and they are all .jpeg's, much better than the cruddy ones you get on the forums!)

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

Rockaway is a city of colors and passion.
[Only admins are allowed to see this link]

A city of colorful buildings, short to tall.

A city of high spirits and fun times, all year long.

It's a city known for color, from the smallest houses...

....to the tallest skyscrapers.

Easter Sunday is imminent, the holiest day in a Christian's mind. The Rockaway Cathedral is expected to have major lines around the block to get in tomorrow morning (yes, I have been to a church where this has happened. I am inspired people!)

Get there by taking a train from Hortaleza Park Station, accessible by taking an underground tunnel under a freeway interchange from a bus stop on Hortaleza Avenue.

Or take a ride back home....

Whats that? You want a nighttime tour?
(btw, I am going to uninstall the Uniform Lighting Mod. With my lighting technique I already had, the ULM made the streets much too bright. Sorry about this.)

The cathedral, one day before Easter.

Downtown Rockaway, the iconic finishing touch in the pristine coastal valley.

Thanks for viewing this entry, hope to see you soon!
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW) Empty Re: Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW)

Post by Thomas 23rd April 2011, 19:20

Wow K50! A vast improvement on what this area looked like when it was a W.I.P. Fantastic! Laugh
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW) Empty Re: Provincial Republic of New Chandler (USNW)

Post by emperordaniel 23rd April 2011, 19:47

This is just amazing! Especially considering New Chandler was all but wiped out about a month or so ago... like Thomas, I say, FANTASTIC! Laugh

Oh, and I like those bright lights! I personally think those streets will be better with them, than without them Smile
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 23rd April 2011, 19:52

Holy SHhh... well yeah Cheeky/Razz amazing job.
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 25th April 2011, 03:28

Thriller update! I'm excited.. Cheeky/Razz
I like those suburban area..
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 25th April 2011, 03:38

AMAZIN :shock:
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 9th May 2011, 00:40

K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 9th May 2011, 06:40

Picture Perfect! Great job great k50!! Although it could do with a little more flora but other than that, Its a nice job!!
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 9th May 2011, 17:29

Looks good K50!
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 9th May 2011, 19:39

Nice picture!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 28th May 2011, 03:37

I'll start with a mosaic of Lake Martinazzi, one of the nine lakes in the Heritage Lakes National Park in Benham. Martinazzi is the second-smallest in the expansive park, but is nestled in a lush valley in New Chandler's highest mountain range, the Cameron Range.

The mosaic is a little bit on the pixelated side, sorry about that.

The lake has rocky shores...

And just as many sandy ones.

This place has plenty of natural wildlife, just like the rest of the area.

Martinazzi has got places to cook some s'mores on a summer night, after a short day fishing, hiking, and plenty more.

This location, far from the biggest cities, is a favorite for spotters of shooting stars (or "static" ones), whether you are in the meadow, a boat in the lake (my preferred spot), or a little but well-functional observatory.

I will end this entry with a panorama! Click it to view it (it's over 8,000 pixels wide so brace yourself!)

Thanks for viewing! In the future, I will probably start doing more panorama's, they are much easier to make than a mosaic, and they show things better in my opinion. What did you think?
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 28th May 2011, 07:49

I like this... and I do like the idea of panoramas over mosaics Wink
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 28th May 2011, 08:49

Fantastic K50! It's always good to see New Chandler and I like the panorama and mosaic. I've been meaning to include some panoramas myself, but never got around to it.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 28th May 2011, 14:54

K50, you should be happy, 3 comments yet! Cheeky/Razz

Good job! But I agree with Marsh on Skype... "Just show the whole damn thing. No need for a thumbnail... Speechless " LOL
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 29th May 2011, 16:56

Crap.. it's very bad.
Spoiler:
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 29th May 2011, 22:29

emperordaniel: Thank you!
Thomas: Thank you, I am glad you liked it! Smile
Blakeway4: Thank you, I don't really understand what you (or marsh) meant...?
Dryan: Thank you, you had me worried Cheeky/Razz
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 30th May 2011, 20:27

I agree with Julien. Mosaics should be shown as 800xsomething anyway, and then post them properly. With panoramas though, they should be links. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 3rd June 2011, 02:17

A teaser exclusive to USNW, AIN, and Simmania Smile

K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 8th June 2011, 04:36

Sorry about the color in some of these pictures, I forgot to enhance a few of them. My bad.

Welcome back to Rockaway. Today, we are going to take a ride on the Rockaway Metro line C3. Rockaway Metro operates the rail lines in the city and those in the countryside and smaller towns on the outside, in the province of Hollister, known as the Provincial lines, beginning with the "P" prefix. In the city they act as express lines.

We will start at Dalorpe Park, a major station in a forest of new apartments. The train will head toward the city, crossing a freeway near its end.

Hawthorne Station, another rather popular station.

Segundo Road is near a stadium used for some college and high school matches, usually championship games in tournaments. It can also act as a fairground.

Crossing the River Theed....

Hortaleza Park Station, a station in the middle of a very important and expansive freeway interchange near the downtown. The C7 line will also join us here.

We then cross over another freeway, and, still on the viaduct, weaves through Downtown Rockaway.

Nearing the big station now.... a promotional banner for the Simlympics hosted by Insulo has been draped across a building too...

The Vera Evans International Terminal, home of plenty of city rail lines and provincial rail lines, but also serves plenty of lines proceeding well into other states, many going much farther than New Chandler City, which is seven hours away from Rockaway.

Olmstead Avenue is near a high school, hotel, and industrial district being replaced by colorful apartments (like the [Only admins are allowed to see this link] in Portland).

This station serves a small mall, Corbin Square.

Logics Avenue, a major road leading into an industrial district, which the C5 will enter, leaving the track we (the C3) are on.

Union Square, a small cluster of new offices and sporting venues. The baseball stadium was recently used in the SIBF Baseball World Cup.

Ramsay Avenue crosses an under-construction freeway. The provincial line makes a stop here.

The University of Rockaway station serves one of two campuses of U of R, as well as the stadium that is home of Rockaway United FC during NCFL games (during DPL (international) games they have a different venue).

Seaview Avenue, near another freeway and the end of the line...

Finally, Holladay Station, the end of the line. On the other side of the avenue is the blue waters of the Solvanese Ocean (and a few hotels). What a nice ride.

Thanks for viewing, here is the route map if you want to see it Smile (800x1148 jpeg. Not too big) Oh, and on the map, those blue lines are the freeways. Remember though that one was under construction and isn't on there (it comes between Ramsay and University of Rockaway).
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th June 2011, 18:47

Fantastic work, you seem to have the perfect buildings in every image.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 8th June 2011, 22:32

I agree with Thomas and already commented on CSG design (i think) Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down