AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another one of those "Goodbye" threads

+8
Daniel
MiguelLeal
Huston
emperordaniel
ForthWall
Sirron kcuhc
Blakeway4
Edge
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Another one of those "Goodbye" threads  Empty Another one of those "Goodbye" threads

Post by Edge 16th May 2011, 01:13

Greetings AIN community.

I have only played SC4 one time since the beginning of 2011, and it's nearly halfway through the year. Some people may have taken notice that it's been about 5 months, and that I hadn't logged on since May 8th before today. I apologize for not posting in my CJ very often, until last week, that is. Whether it's RL, BATting, or even playing CXL (yeah, I said it), I haven't really thought a lot about SC4 in the past few months, and after that, I really had no more enthusiasm to play it. I barely slipped by the last union checkpoint, and the last time I was seriously active was around the time when Nate was kicked out of COFR, and I came back to AIN after my stint in the COFR. I've been going through active and non-active spells since mid 2010, and I know it puts a burden on other AIN members, especially those with countries surrounding mine. Once again, I sincerely apologize for never being consistently active.

Getting to the point
, I'd heard rumors of another checkpoint coming soon. Kicking someone you know very well out of AIN can be a pretty hard job for some people. Although others would do it in the blink of an eye... I know that some people would feel bad, and maybe even carry some guilt. So, I decided to do it myself, and not make someone else who knows me well do it..... I owe at least that to everyone. The only reason I'm resigning is because I can't see myself building a city and creating a CJ update in SC4 in distant future. I am not quitting Simtropolis or BATting, but I need to come by this honestly.

I know I've posted threads like this in the past, and I've always come back; but I'm afraid this time is different. My true aspirations (if you'd call it that) in SimCity 4 are BATting and creating items for the game. So with the time I have for SC4, I'd like to focus on that. And in doing that, eliminates a lot of the time that could put into being an "active" member here. The last time I almost left, acertain member told me that I didn't have to update my CJ very often, because they didn't. I s'pose I kinda took that as a "My position as full member in the AIN". Obviously, it turns out that's not the case. Cheeky/Razz

I like all the members here at AIN sincerely, and want to thank you for the past year and a half, when I was an active member, but especially when I wasn't, and you guys let me stay here. To be honest, a post of this nature is long overdue.

You guys can drop me a line on Simtropolis at DCMetro34. I am on the RTMT team, and working on the next release, so I should be fairly active with that for a while. Then, I will probably continue on with my BAT projects at my own pace. It's a good deal, I can methodically work on my projects as I have time. Smile There aren't deadlines or pressure like on the RTMT right now. I'll also be on Skype every now and then. If anyone wants to talk, please send me a PM here or at Simtropolis.

I am glad I decided the join this union one-and-a-half years ago. From my Winter 2009 Simlympic bid, to my and only update of Roumeli, I have enjoyed every minute I've been here participating in contests, activities, and everything in between. AIN has been through a lot, too. From getting rid of a corrupt government, to practically doubling of tripling it's member total; the AIN is something for every member here to be proud of. Smile

For certain, this is not the last time I will log into the AIN site; I can't leave that easily. I hope you will allow me to still log in and say hello every now and then, but if not, I understand. I can also post my projects here, if you guys would like that.

Once again, I want to apologize for my absence the past few months; I stretched myself too thin when it came to SC4 and Simtropolis as a whole. And also once again, I want to thank each and every one of you for some awesome times here. To say I had a lot of fun would be an understatement. Smile

With that, I, B'more2834, officially resign from the Alliance of Independent Nations.

EDIT: As for Roumeli, I s'pose one of my neighboring brother nations could annex it, or split it up. Your call. Smile

:ain: Long live the AIN. :ain:

Many Thanks,

DC

Last edited by B'more2834 on 16th May 2011, 02:14; edited 5 times in total
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Another one of those "Goodbye" threads  Empty Re: Another one of those "Goodbye" threads

Post by Blakeway4 16th May 2011, 01:21

🙇 Respect man.

This is sad, but I guess it would have happen sooner or later...

Anyways, hope to see you around on ST. Smile Good luck with everything!

YOU bring me to the Alliance. You did it. And on SS also. I won't forget that! Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Another one of those "Goodbye" threads  Empty Re: Another one of those "Goodbye" threads

Post by Sirron kcuhc 16th May 2011, 01:34

I'm very sad to see you leave. And I'll even admit that earlier today we had a conversation about a possible member checkpoint I mentioned your name, in fact you probably saw that and it made you do this. Farewell I guess. The Mediterranean just became a bit less happier.

Last edited by Sirron kcuhc on 16th May 2011, 01:38; edited 1 time in total
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 16th May 2011, 01:36

Thanks guys, means a lot.

Good luck to you too, Blake; and I do remember those first days at SimSports, and here at AIN. I won't forget any of this, either. Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc 16th May 2011, 02:26

I am still upset. Sorry for not coming back on Skype. My computer is being a hassle.
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 16th May 2011, 05:09

Bye DC, sad to see you go Crying , I'll always see you on the help desk though Cheeky/Razz
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 16th May 2011, 06:56

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

bye...
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 16th May 2011, 08:09

This couldn't get anymore upsetting....I'm sure no one here, like me, will forget you...

Sad
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 16th May 2011, 08:38

Sad news...

You were one of the most old members of AIN and it is always difficult to see someone which helped AIN and its members resigning from the union. Although I respect your position and I wish you the best with you and your BAT projects that I would like you to post them here in AIN forums.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 16th May 2011, 08:45

Really sad to see you go, DC. You've been a fixture of this community since I joined. There have bee ups and downs, but in the end you're leaving on your own terms, so it's a good way to go.

You will be missed by us all. Please don't be a stranger. Whenever you think of us, stop in and say hello. You will always find a warm welcome here.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 16th May 2011, 12:00

Man.this isn't a good news. I'm sorry if I do something with my comment recently in your CN..
Although you've already leave but then you re joined AIN and leave COFR which one what make me proud of your action... Smile
Really, if you're wan't to meet us, feel free to start a thread and say Hi...

Sincerely
976/Forsma
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 16th May 2011, 12:47

Thanks very much Forth, Emperor Daniel, and Huston. I will miss you very much, too. Sad

Miguel: I can still post BATs here if you guys would like that.

Daniel: Thanks, a lot, really. I won't be a stranger; I promise.

Dryan: Thanks your reply. And your comment (and everyone else's) didn't have anything to do with me leaving. Wink

I'm really glad I came back to AIN after COFR. COFR was a really big mistake... and I am very thankful that you guys let me back in to the AIN. Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 16th May 2011, 13:20

I know it.. Cheeky/Razz
just forgive me (and other members) with the posts in your CN...
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 16th May 2011, 13:41

It's been nice having you here in the AIN, Pat. I mean it. Honest. Good luck in your future endeavours! Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 16th May 2011, 18:25

DC please still alive here. You probably will not play SC but you could improve this game, post your BATs here and say hello when you want!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 16th May 2011, 19:21

The checkpoint this time will be much harsher than last time, that's true, but Roumeli wasn't even on the list. And you got through last time pretty easily, not that that matters now.

Thank you, once again, for all your help in building up this union, helping me create Cattala and helping me become a CJer in the first place. Our fluid membership scheme means that if you wish to return at any point, the door is always open for you.

I'll talk to Kurt about what happens to Roumeli. It will live on though, don't you worry. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc 16th May 2011, 21:09

Yeah. Just as long as Thomas and I get some time to talk since I get home when it's 9pm in the UK. By latest we'll probably get to talk on Saturday. It also depends on you want too you know.
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 16th May 2011, 22:11

Dryan: I definitely forgive. Smile I am just sorry for lashing out at all of you guys in that thread.

Kevin:
Thanks a lot Kevin! I wish you luck on your CJ and event bids, as well. Smile

Miguel: Oh, don't worry; I'll still be around!

Thomas:
Oh... well crap. Cheeky/Razz Although, I think it would've been hard for me to pass without a CJ update.

Thank you, Thomas. You pulled this union out of a down-spiral of corrupt government officials, and turned it into a thriving union with many, many new members. My hat's off to you; I couldn't have done it. We've both come a long way in terms of how good our cities are since we both started in 2009, and I am really glad to have seen you progress into the astounding CJer you are today. Laugh

I'm also thrilled that Roumeli will go to good use.

Kurt: Timezones are definitely a challenge, but I hope you guys can talk. Depending on when it is this weekend, I could even be there. Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc 17th May 2011, 02:16

Sure. We could all three discuss it. All that I care is that we all agree on a deal that is alright for all three of us.
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 17th May 2011, 19:08

I am free any night this week to come online at 10pm BST if need be. But you'd need to be there at that time otherwise I'll fall asleep on you. Cheeky/Razz
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc 17th May 2011, 21:06

I'm on starting at 9:00pm BST time. So when you feel like it join. 10pm I'm not sure...
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 17th May 2011, 21:50

Well, in 10 minutes it's 10 PM BST... and me and Kurt are on... Cheeky/Razz

But yeah, 10 PM BST sounds good basically everynight this week.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 18th May 2011, 00:38

It's really hard to see you go DC. As you said that Thomas helped the AIN get out of a very rough spot, but you were one of those people (there were a few, like Jon and Chip too; I was unfortunately then fog-headed by you-know-who) that really saved (by that I mean killed Cheeky/Razz woo hoo!) COFR and helped USNW rise from the ashes, even while you weren't ever a member of USNW. I can't thank you enough for what you have done to the members of that union. And not to mention you have done great things to the people at AIN, it must be really tough to see someone like you leave.

Thank you DC. Live life to the fullest!!! Cheeky/Razz Wink

Last edited by K50 Dude on 18th May 2011, 03:23; edited 1 time in total
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 18th May 2011, 02:20

Don't argue with DC's timezone! He has the best. EST all the way! Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 18th May 2011, 04:25

K50 Dude wrote:It's really hard to see you go DC. As you said that Thomas helped the AIN get out of a very rough spot, but you were one of those people (there were a few, like Jon and Chip too; I was unfortunately then fog-headed by you-know-who) that really saved (by that I mean killed Cheeky/Razz woo hoo!) COFR and helped USNW rise from the ashes, even while you weren't ever a member of USNW. I can't thank you enough for what you have done to the members of that union. And not to mention you have done great things to the people at AIN, it must be really tough to see someone like you leave.

Thank you DC. Live life to the fullest!!! Cheeky/Razz Wink

Wow, this really means a lot; especially coming from you. You went through the good and bad times, just like me and many others. I tried to help out wherever I could, and promote the good qualities within our CJ unions. I am very glad that good has finally won out, and we have 2 thriving unions that are very tightly knit. I really hope you continue your CJ; I'll definitely keep an eye out for it.

Live life to the fullest, K50. Cheeky/Razz Smile

DC

@Blake: haha yeah, you betcha!! Cheeky/Razz
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next