Monetary Statistics Bureau

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by hiigarar on 16th December 2011, 23:52

"Hiigara would probably be even further down into the $9,000-$18,000 region."

Hiigara is not less developed, as posted in many updates on history and on 16 countries of the Hiigaran Confederacy, we have less developed countries like Genosha, Melkia and Malden. But we have a strong industrial regions like Albion, Kushan-Lesov and three Slavic States of Albion which are the leading economies in the black sea region and in Hiigaran Confederacy, as many updates i have posted on history, social and economical living of the country and how Hiigara is one of the leading economies in AIN.

And we are not rednecks for being former Russian countries or copying some parts of Russia Cheeky/Razz Most of are countries are advanced and realistic on the matter of economical growth. Visit our wiki or our journals. Cheeky/Razz

JacobS. also do you have skype? Cheeky/Razz If yes, you can join the community skype convo and talk to all who is on skype, just pms me your skype nick, I will add you up. Smile

avatar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Posts : 1295
Age : 26 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by ForthWall on 17th December 2011, 00:00

oh Cheeky/Razz
avatar
ForthWall
Chancellor

Posts : 2007
Age : 20 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Edge on 17th December 2011, 00:24

Nation Name: Exaletas
GDP: 8,100 (in millions of US$)
GDP growth 2008: 0.00%
GDP growth 2009: 0.00%
GDP growth 2010: 0.20%
GDP growth 2011 (Q1-3): 5.71%
Expected GDP growth 2011: 2.47%
Expected GDP growth 2012: 1.99%
Expected GDP growth 2013: 1.86%

Reasons for GDP growth: Exaletas was a secluded nation until earlier in 2011, when upwards of 10 corporations opened doors in Exaletas. Now, it is becoming an industrialized nation at an increasingly high rate.

-Exaletas is home to many naval and other military manufacturing companies, including Lorenta's MARS.

-Shustrepistaz's Sokoya Heavy Industries is one the largest industrial employers in Exaletas, with 5,000 Exaletians employed. This company works to manufacture all kinda of large ships.

-Techanea (Lorenta) is a computer hardware manufacturing company that also offers 5,000 jobs.

-Exaletas also has a small chain of resort hotels, and a pharmaceutical chain. Lastly, Exaletas shares a naval base with Shustrepistaz where 3,000 Exaletian naval troops are stationed.

Main growth areas of economy over next 10 years: Exaletas is a rapidly growing economic power, even though it is very small. This year was the first year of industrialization, and growth is expected to be a slower, exponential pace the next decade. However, Exaletas has always been deeply ingrained in agriculture, and will very likely export crops to neighboring lands.
avatar
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Posts : 1152
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by JacobS. on 17th December 2011, 02:45

I'm just saying, most of the GDP figures I see are very high income countries which are not usually typical of their regions even with heavy economical development. The GDP I chose for Ciarnesia ($16,000) is on the middle end of it's area as some of the countries around it reach as far as below $5,000 (Moldova, a nearly direct neighbor, has a GDP of $3,082).

I accounted for economical positives and negatives in my per capita GDP compared - it's intended to be much higher than that of Ukraine, Moldova or Belarus which are highly underdeveloped countries; but trumped by Hungary, Poland and Slovakia which hold much more economical power.

As I see it we have seven perfect GDPs in the union -
  • Lower Columbia at $43,578, is fitting because it occupies a middle class area of Canada and the US where the cost of living is very high.
  • Callare, at $39,482, is fitting because of it's location "within" high-income Australia
  • Catalla, at $29,468, is fitting because it is at par with neighboring Italy, where the cost of living is also very high
  • Killorglin, at $20,344, is fitting because judging by the posts so far in it's city journal, it is a rustic and rural country - rural often means less money in peoples' pockets
  • Fairview, at $23,223, is fitting because it is at par with neighboring Portugal, which is among the upper middle income countries.
  • Martazuela, at $7,500, is fitting because it is among the middle ranks of South American countries, most of which are still developing
  • Karasem, at $3,422, is fitting because it is among the lower income island areas of Southeast Asia

The only point I'm really trying to make about the GDP figures is expression of superiority. A country with a GDP of over $25,000 is within the top 45 in the world, over $30,000 within the top 25 in the world, and over $40,000 within the top 10 in the world. It just seems unlikely that countries with highly impoverished neighbors, even after accounting for heavy economical growth, would be among anything more than the top 40.

Shushtrepistaz and Okatabawashi are very close because they are presumably influenced by Japanese high tech industrialization, low to mid 30,000s are still highly acceptable for a country of those statures as Japan itself has issues with urban overpopulation and rural poverty.

It is realistic for a former Soviet country to be within the $22,000 to $27,000 mark if it is de-socialized. Syldavia and Hiigara could easily fall under that category, Ciarnesia and especially Kamchatka could not because of the amount of state-owned property and industry.

The concept of socialism is the government taking all the wealth and redistributing it to the public, most of which work under public industry. Socialist countries rely on foreign trade because domestic trade is not as widely available as in a capitalistic country; this leads to lower income levels because foreign buyers are not purchasing the goods with the amount of markup applied to domestic buyers. This, combined with high tax rates, contributes to very low per capita income.

Also, $15,000 to $26,000 is not by any means a poor country. Countries within those levels only account for 12% of the world, countries above $15,000 only account for 31% of the world. In contrast, countries under $7,000 account for nearly 50% of the world

----------------------

But, let me re-iterate a few things.

  • First off, this really isn't as big of a deal as I assume people think I am making of it. I'm just simply sharing the knowledge I have in connection to creating a more realistic union. The point is to put it into perspective, not to try and influence everyone into lowering their GDP. That is your choice, I'm just merely stating facts, statistics and opinions that I know of.
  • The examples I use are not meant as a personal attack on anyone or their sense of realism, it is simply for the sake of example and demonstration of my points.
  • When I mentioned lower cost of living in Europe, I was referring to Eastern Europe. I probably should have made that clearer. Cost of living can get very high in Western and Northern Europe, of course, but that also demonstrates one reason why Western European countries have a higher GDP/C than eastern european countries, even the more developed ones.
  • I'm not trying to spark an argument or a debate or reform here. That comment was meant to be benign advice.
  • And yes, I'll get skype, considering it seems to be a staple of communication here. Maybe a conversation on skype is what we honestly need to clear the air about this anyway.


Last edited by JacobS. on 17th December 2011, 03:43; edited 1 time in total
avatar
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by SmartbyLaw on 17th December 2011, 03:38

So does this mean Lorenta has a abnormal GDP/GDPpc? Look at wiki for the stats.
avatar
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Posts : 690
Age : 20 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by JacobS. on 17th December 2011, 03:42

SmartbyLaw wrote:So does this mean Lorenta has a abnormal GDP/GDPpc? Look at wiki for the stats.

Without a location or in-game pictures available I can't exactly tell, I'd imagine it could be as 38,000 places it among the top 15 in the world.
avatar
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Blakeway4 on 17th December 2011, 03:50

JacobS. wrote:Shushtrepistaz and Okatabawashi are very close because they are presumably influenced by Japanese high tech industrialization, lo to mid 30,000s are still highly acceptable for a country of those statures as Japan itself has issues with urban overpopulation and rural poverty.

Shush has sanctions with Japan. They don't do trades. It's complicated, you should read his wiki. As of Okatabawashi, it was influenced by China, not PRC, the other one, Taiwan's.

JacobS. wrote:It is realistic for a former Soviet country to be within the $22,000 to $27,000 mark if it is de-socialized. Syldavia and Hiigara could easily fall under that category, Ciarnesia and especially Kamchatka could not because of the amount of state-owned property and industry.

Again, you didn't read about Syldavia Cheeky/Razz We are socialists. And we have a mixed economy.

JacobS. wrote:The concept of socialism is the government taking all the wealth and redistributing it to the public, most of which work under public industry. Socialist countries rely on foreign trade because domestic trade is not as widely available as in a capitalistic country; this leads to lower income levels because foreign buyers are not purchasing the goods with the amount of markup applied to domestic buyers. This, combined with high tax rates, contributes to very low per capita income.

That's not socialism. You just described communism... Yawn
avatar
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Posts : 5111
Age : 22 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by JacobS. on 17th December 2011, 03:52

Not sure how well they resemble eachother, but I'd say Atlantic Federation's would be about $27,000. You can adjust that figure to your own economy, whether it's stronger than Atlantic Federation's or not.

Shush has sanctions with Japan. They don't do trades. It's complicated, you should read his wiki. As of Okatabawashi, it was influenced by China, not PRC, the other one, Taiwan's.

I'm still relatively new here as far as current nations are concerned so bare with me here. Shushtrepistaz's sanctions with Japan would strengthen it's economy as it's in business for itself. As for Okatabawashi, Taiwan is a high income country, Taiwanese influence could lead to a strong economy as well.

That's not socialism. You just described communism...
The difference between socialism and communism are the application of the concept, socialism still heavily relies on that concept, but communism is solely based on it. In a socialistic economy you are allowed to have a certain level of free enterprise and personal income that is not permitted in communism. Socialism is still a redistributive economy in the fact that a large sector of the hypothetical socialist country's industries are state owned.


Last edited by JacobS. on 17th December 2011, 04:01; edited 1 time in total
avatar
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by SmartbyLaw on 17th December 2011, 03:58

The Atlantic Federation has one of the biggest economies in the AIN and Galbadia and the AF are VERY close allies (both in the Atlantic Commonwealth). The AF would be one of the top nations in the world. And seeing as Lorenta's economy is based on pharmaceuticals, technology, banking/accounting (based of the US), and research/development of new products. I believe it is safe to say that my GDPpc would not be as low as 30k, let alone lower than 27k.
avatar
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Posts : 690
Age : 20 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by JacobS. on 17th December 2011, 04:05

Lets just end this conversation. Everyone seems to have their excuses as to why their country should have such a freakishly high GDP. I don't want to start an argument here which is what this is turning into. I don't intend on starting off on the wrong foot, nor do I intend on offending anyone's creative rights. I was simply trying to push a sense of open mindedness into the concept of less inflated GDP values. I'll continue to have my "low" GDP, everyone else can continue to have their very high GDPs. As I've said it really doesn't matter this much.
avatar
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Posts : 160

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Blakeway4 on 17th December 2011, 04:09

It's not an excuse. It's a validation. I thank you for your concern, it's always nice to see futur members being already active and participate Smile

JacobS. wrote:The difference between socialism and communism are the application of the concept, socialism still heavily relies on that concept, but communism is solely based on it. In a socialistic economy you are allowed to have a certain level of free enterprise and personal income that is not permitted in communism. Socialism is still a redistributive economy in the fact that a large sector of the hypothetical socialist country's industries are state owned.

Just a last minute post, when you say Socialism, you think about economy. That's wrong to do. Socialism is a poltical system, not an economical system. Most of socialist states have a socialist political system and a mixed-economy, they don't have a capitalist economy (free market) or a planified economy (which is communism economy). Smile
avatar
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Posts : 5111
Age : 22 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by ForthWall on 17th December 2011, 04:55

You actually right that my Gdppc should be low 30k, its actually supposed to be 34,000 - 32k

Shushtrepistaz and Okatabawashi are very close because they are presumably influenced by Japanese high tech industrialization, low to mid 30,000s are still highly acceptable for a country of those statures as Japan itself has issues with urban overpopulation and rural poverty.

In this, its sort of true how Shushtrepistaz and Okatabawashi are very close, we even have a bridge connecting the closest islands. The only problem with this is that the Shudonese history, unlike Japan was fit so they had advanced before Japan opened up borders, you should read my history, but did not have the same capabilities of Japan during the early 20th century and had to catch up in the 50's where it had gained a reputation for allying itself with both blocs, up until 60's where it broke apart, one side become a "china" and the other became a "japan" in how their industries work, so we are pretty much like Japan and China, as a mix, but we do have our own individuality as we had a much more public history, where capitalism and colonialism had hit. The nation had survived the economic crises in 2008 with minor scathes, but had a shortfall in GDP, it is currently recovering. Basically we are the Third of the East Asian duo.
avatar
ForthWall
Chancellor

Posts : 2007
Age : 20 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by hiigarar on 17th December 2011, 08:29

"It is realistic for a former Soviet country to be within the $22,000 to $27,000 mark if it is de-socialized. Syldavia and Hiigara could easily fall under that category"

We wore never under socialism only for 2 years in 1951-1953 and only 3 states from 16 confederacy states. And my GDP is not freakish high, we are 16 nations Cheeky/Razz Albion Slavic Republic (Pizen), Murak Republic (Noviji Port), Titanovo Republic (Belogoria), Stronghold-Kushan Empire (Tzargrad), Seranto Oblast (Grozen), Argindian Republics (Argos), Malden Republic (Vergus), United States of Everon (Fort Nikolai), Melkian Empire (Geiko), Najma Sultanite (Teremagma), Republic of Acirifia (Kartoba), Genosha Community (Il'Saju), Holy City of Yri-Laim (Yri-Laim), Republic of Asmara (Asmara), Holy City of Nija (Nija), Confederacy Special Zone (Konfederatisk)
avatar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Posts : 1295
Age : 26 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Thomas on 17th December 2011, 10:06

Let's hold on a second here. Jacob is making very valid points, I think, and I'm not sure telling him "look at my wiki, look at my wiki" is a good response. The MSB is here to help people compare their countries, to collect data that can be updated quickly and easily and to make the union more realistic. Becoming defensive about your country isn't the way to react to some constructive comments.

Personally I really respect a new member who can come in and give solid, constructive advice to members and recognises how we as a union aspire to be realistic. If you wish to ignore the comments, then feel free to do so, but there's no harm in taking it on board and having a look at whether your country is realistic or not and where some changes can be made.

From my experience, having someone who doesn't know as much about your country but can see the figures and the comparisons to other countries and see they don't match should be taken as a compliment to help you develop your country further. We don't all have to be utopian and have a perfect economy.

So I'd just like to say thank you to Jacob for giving some proper feedback about my country and for trying to help others make their work more realistic. Smile

______________________________________________________________

avatar
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Posts : 5849
Age : 21 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Blakeway4 on 17th December 2011, 15:10

@Thomas: I think it is a good response. He should read about our economy in our wiki instead of looking at a map and make suppositions. Smoking

I already thanked you Jacob and it's normal that members argue with you about what you say about their nations. They want to defend themselves after all. Smile
avatar
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Posts : 5111
Age : 22 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by SmartbyLaw on 17th December 2011, 22:29

I asked him and he answered and I explained myself. I don't see the problem with defending yourself or saying go look at my wiki? I aggree yes, that "go look at my wiki" is not the best answer but it does offer a more in depth explanation to why our GDPs are so high. I agree with you Thomas about what Jacob did, coming in as a new member (somewhat) and telling us facts are useful and I respect him for that. I still believe we should be able to explain ourselves. Thank you, Jacob for helping me with GDP and I hope to see you on Skype soon Smile
avatar
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Posts : 690
Age : 20 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by hiigarar on 18th December 2011, 03:05

Actually i am pretty happy to see feedback on my country and happy to see a Jacob becoming a part of our community and great feedback. ))) And well as a member i see equal Jacob to argue with him Cheeky/Razz But still i will protect my GDP Cheeky/Razz
avatar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Posts : 1295
Age : 26 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Blakeway4 on 18th December 2011, 13:47

Cons: Want me to do feedback on your country?

1. We don't know a lot about it except history (what about the climate, politics, etc. ?).
2. You should expand your nation on your wiki, this means work on your wiki! Cheeky/Razz
3. We need maps of Hiigara. Where are the cities? Provinces/States/Administrative regions?
avatar
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Posts : 5111
Age : 22 Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Liberater444 on 18th December 2011, 21:56

I do believe the Tirnreich is not listed in the AINSI rankings.

I apologize, but what info do you need from me?
avatar
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Posts : 1432
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Luug on 22nd December 2011, 22:22

Nation Name: Orange Free State
GDP: 62,499 (in millions of US$)
GDP growth 2008: 4.68%
GDP growth 2009: -2.79%
GDP growth 2010: 3.99%
GDP growth 2011 (Q1-3): 3.91%
Expected GDP growth 2011: 4.32%
Expected GDP growth 2012: 4.70%
Expected GDP growth 2013: 6.60%

Reasons for GDP growth:
Mining has been the main driving force behind the history and development of Orange Free State and since the country is one of the largest producers of gold, chrome, manganese, platinum, vanadium and palladium, the country's exports have managed to pull the otherwise down-turning economy back in incline. The country also has a considerably large agricultural and manufacturing sector, though which both declined due to dramatic decrease in exports due to the International Financial Crisis. The largest problem in its economy is high unemployment. The country's Ministry of Economic Development estimates that the country must achieve and sustain an economic growth of over 4.5% to be able to decrease its unemployment rate.
avatar
Luug
Citizen

Posts : 81
Male

Back to top Go down

Re: Monetary Statistics Bureau

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum