AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette)

+6
Edge
Thomas
ForthWall
SmartbyLaw
will
mayorm
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should the Republic of Marquette's application be approved?

APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Vote_lcap70%APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 70% 
[ 7 ]
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Empty Re: APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette)

Post by mayorm 8th December 2011, 04:33

thank you both for clarifying that for me Smile

Even though every vote to this point has been a yes, (thank you all) I would like to show all of you this:

APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Renoir-Apr161851296583601
Stade Jacques Renoir (Jacques Renior Stadium) named after the city's founder is the largest Marquette National Football League Stadium
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

http://simmania.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 Empty Re: APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette)

Post by ForthWall 8th December 2011, 05:01

Forthwall Requirements

Most Important
Excellent City Building Needs work, but I can see it coming

APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgA realistic nation
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgA realistic map/design of your nation
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgA realistic design
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgEffort in applying
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgWilling to fix mistakes

Somewhat Important
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgActive in application
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svg Variety in Cities
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgGood History
APPROVED: Republic of Marquette (République de Marquette) - Page 2 15px-Yes_check.svgNation Details

Overall Score : 9/10

YES
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th December 2011, 18:50

I believe that mistake was mine - I'm not sure why it happened though, I did the two threads completely separately. My bad.

With regards to the limits of associate membership compared to member statehood, all it is these days is that you can't run for a ministry, an executive position or as an administrator. So there's not much that you can't do. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 8th December 2011, 22:46

Forthwall- Thank you, I believe as I get involved more and more in AIN I will pick up new tricks for my city building skills Smile One of my favorite CJs ever since I first found Simtropolis way back a few years ago is also a member here so that will help my drive to success Smile
Thomas- Shame on you for changing such a nice name as this Laugh Thank you though for putting it to vote and clarifying the definitions of Associate Membership.

I do have two more questions though: (sorry I'm still learning about AIN)

1. To be accepted do I need the 10 votes for full member applications, or is it majority?
2. Associate Members can have CJs here right?
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 8th December 2011, 22:57

1. To be accepted you can either have a total of 12 (I think) in the Associate and full member, and the majority section will be your new role

2. Yes Smile
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by will 8th December 2011, 23:20

Pretty much the only difference it seems is that Ambassadorial Members can't run for office of some sort... only difference Smile
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 9th December 2011, 00:31

Voted, also.

Unless everyone else votes no, welcome to the Alliance, Mayorm! Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 9th December 2011, 00:41

You seem like the sort of guy who is keen to contribute to union life. You are savvy, you are fast, you are a nice guy who is really into what you are doing.

I say this makes up for the custom content you are lacking and vote YES for Associate Member to bring you into the nice, warm AIN and give it go!

----------------------

As for the differences between membership. Associate members are not permitted to do the following:

• Run for ministerial, judicial or executive office
  • Be a moderator or administrator
  • Host AIN Events
  • Be a member of the Alliance Security Council
  • Vote on laws in the Senate (they can propose them though)
  • Be a featured nation

This is all to be reformed though.

You need 1 more vote!
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by will 9th December 2011, 00:42

:O HE RETURNS!
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 9th December 2011, 03:16

Forthwall- Thank you for clarifying Smile
Will- Thank you
Edge- Thank you for voting, also you never know, everyone who hasn't voted could come along and vote NO then I'm out Smile Thanks for the welcome
Niel- Thank you, I want to contribute as much as I can Smile Tank you for the compliments too, and for clarifying the rules of associate members, although I must admit it is strange associate members can propose laws, but not vote Wondering
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 9th December 2011, 13:28

...And with 10 votes, all in approval for some form of membership, I can safely say:

La République de Marquette est maintenant un membre associé de l'Alliance des nations indépendantes!
THE REPUBLIC OF MARQUETTE IS NOW AN ASSOCIATE MEMBER OF THE AIN

Congratulations on becoming an Associate Member of the Alliance of Independent Nations. As Vice-President, I would like to warmly welcome you to the AIN and if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM or Skype one of the guys in red.

Your City Journal forum will appear HERE shortly. If you do not have the necessary privileges to moderate your CJ forum, please contact me.

Once again congratulations and welcome to the AIN. Smile

-----------------

As for the Associate Member voting rule, it hasn't been enforced as of late - however, it was to encourage Associate Members to make friends with other members if they wanted their proposal to move to senate a member state has to second it.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 9th December 2011, 15:05

Congratulations Smile
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by chienx 9th December 2011, 16:17

Congratulations! Smile Bienvenue !
chienx
chienx
Immigrant

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 9th December 2011, 18:07

Congratulations for your achievement! Now, it is time for improvements and develop your city building skills!

Congrats! Wink

If you need something contact me! Smile
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 9th December 2011, 18:46

For Member State, you need a majority of at least 50% +1 in a vote where at least 10 votes are cast.
For Associate Member, you need a majority of at least 50% +1 in either of the two "yes" categories to be accepted when at least 10 votes are cast.

Congratulations on becoming a member of the AIN community - I'm sure you'll have a great time. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 9th December 2011, 22:38

Thank you everyone for your kind welcome Smile I'm excited to start building my nation more and more and interacting with other members here Smile

In fact I'm going to get to work on my CJ right now
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 10th December 2011, 00:42

Congratulations Mayorm, and I hope for great prosperity in your nation Smile
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2