AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marquette Culture

5 posters

Go down

Marquette Culture Empty Marquette Culture

Post by mayorm 10th December 2011, 01:09

To start off I would like to show everyone some of the Culture of the Republic of Marquette.

Overview- Marquette has a lot of culture despite being relatively new. The national sports teams draw a large crowd when they compete for international glory. Also domestic sports teams have enriched histories in thier respective communities. The most notable proffessional leagues are the ILB (Intercity League Baseball) and the MNFL (Marquette National Football League). Many national holidays are observed throughout the year as well, and Marquette art and music has taken off in recent months.

Sports- Sports attract a wide audience across the country. Many national sports teams are idolized by the people of Marquette as they compete in international competitions. We will quickly look at some of the most notablee sports leagues and teams in the country:

Intercity League Baseball:
This baseball league is very popular and many fans come out to the various ballparks around the country to watch local players, and possibly future SLB stars play. The league is an independent league with no affiliations to the SLB. Currently consisting of 12 teams located mostly in the Quad Cities Metro Area, Intercity League teams are usually in the A-level range skill wise. Stadiums are usually small, seating about 10,000 to 15,000 people. Below are the teams:

Marquette Culture IBLLogos2011
From Left to right: St. Frédéric Foreurs, New Chatham Crosscutters, Carson City K9s, Bel-Guarde Batters, White Water Whirl, Apple Grove Apple Sox, Waupaum Rattlers, Renior Riverhawks, Blue Mountain Bears, Siles Mountain Sting, Port Charlotte Jays, and the Kane River Cougars.

Marquette National Football League:
The MNFL is currently made up of 8 teams throughout the country and is very popular. After being formed last year by a group of Investors from Cantanowa the league found many suitable stadiums and a wave of ownership groups came forward expressing interest in the league. The league is divided into two 8 team divisions that compete annually for the Founders Cup.

Marquette Culture MNFLTeams
From Left to right: New Brunswick Nighthawks, Port Charlotte Conquest, Rhorerstown Rebels, Kane River Stormers, Renoir Riversharks, Ste. Frédéric Esprit (spirit), Baie Saint-Laurent Vikings, Duchense Greenhawks

International Competition:

This year marks the first year of International competitition for Marquette in many sports including, Racing, Volleyball, Cycleing, Swiming, and Tennis. Last year the country watched in awe as the Marquette Junior National Hockey Team took 2nd place at the 2010 Exhibition Hockey Tournament, this year the 2011-12 National Junior Team look to compete in their first AIN Tournament.

Marquette Culture MarquetteNationalTeam
This year's Marquette Junior National Team
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

http://simmania.darkbb.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Marquette Culture Empty Re: Marquette Culture

Post by ForthWall 10th December 2011, 04:13

Nice Smile
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th December 2011, 10:48

Always good to see sports returning to the AIN. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 10th December 2011, 13:20

Hmmm, well racing is one of the only sports going on right now so you can sign up for that, the only other one I can think of is Soccer/Football. We might have a hockey competition that goes on every now and then too but i'm not sure on that. I think that goes on in Feburary or so if it's still going on.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th December 2011, 14:24

Daniel ran the hockey competition, from what I remember. So...
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 10th December 2011, 14:36

Hmmm. I thought that was Kevin... well then it looks like there's only two active competitions, and one's in the off season till Feburary.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 10th December 2011, 17:06

Forthwall- Thank you
Thomas- Well as you know from reading some of my previous CJs I do try to incorporate sports into my CJs, the Republic of Marquette is no exception Smile
Will- Thank you, I did look at the AIN sports section and saw that racing was active, youyu guys did have a signup thread for Canuck3360's STHL league, but I didn't see any internation hockey tournament. I might look into starting one here in a couple weeks.

Also how do you guys get your county's flag to show up in the description of the CJ?
mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 10th December 2011, 17:34

I ran a cricket league, but its off season

Admins will put that up for you Mayorm
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by will 10th December 2011, 17:35

Sorry, the only two competitions going on now are the AGPS (GP Racing) and UAF World Cup (Soccer/Football). As for the flag, do you mean on this page?
https://aoin.darkbb.com/f245-west-atlantic-states

That's an admin task. At this point, we're about two weeks away from a brand new kick arse website so I wouldn't worry much, you'll get your own html page to do with as you please. Also, the admins are pretty much focused solely on that right now instead of these forums. I'll add your nation to the wiki and you can get started there too Smile

https://aoin.darkbb.com/f102-alliance-cup
This is the hockey tournament I'm talking about. Daniel is on leave right now (possibly permanent) so it might not be coming back.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by mayorm 11th December 2011, 21:57

Thank you for showing me the AIN cup, and glad to know the Admins will automatically add my flag Smile

Anyway let me show you guys a few things about Marquette's non-sports culture. Warning older pictures that I took way before Marquette became more Custom Content oriented!

Today we will look at some things that can be found in the Nyhaven District of New Chatham, if you recognize the name the area is named after Nyhaven's Midtown in Lower Columbia after being the inspiration for the District. In the Nyhaven District there are a plethra of clubs and theatres to go to.

Marquette Culture NewChatham-Dec214111303527032
The Rembrandt Theatre designed to look like an old english theatre

The Rembrandt Theatre is one of the more popular theatres in the district, and although being built 2009 it was purposely designed to resemble an old english theatre for the 2009 Shakespeare Festival. The theatre actually does show many Shakespeare plays, Hamlet is scheduled to start showing just after the new year.

Marquette Culture NewChatham-Jun18901273192464
The National Theatre at night

The National Theatre is the oldest theatre in the district, it was renamed last year after Marquette gained its independence. This beautiful theatre is a must see if you're visiting the Nyhaven District with its grand victorian design, many national icons attend shows here. The Prime Minister's private box is where many AIN political figures are entertained for a night by the Prime Minister Boudreau. Currently Merry Marquette Christmas Musical featuring the Marquette National Orchestra is playing.

mayorm
mayorm
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 12th December 2011, 05:20

Nice, mayorm, you don't need to be scared if you use a lot of vanilla, its fine as long as it looks beautiful
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 13th December 2011, 23:17

I have to say, it's really good how your using the Maxis content Smile Nice update
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum