AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee

+5
Aranho
Matt
Daniel
cormiermax
Saathoff
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee Empty Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee

Post by Saathoff 8th December 2009, 03:53

Monday December 7th, 2009

The United Republic of Escambia & The Republic of Novland seeks to bring the following proposal
before the General Assembly of the AIN

The proposal before the General Assembly today is as follows:

An AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee

It's Purpose:
The Purpose of the AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee would be to greatly improve our status and view in the Sim City World.

- As a Union we would help improve each others bid. By adding quality that we need to win a Simlympic Games rights to hosting. And Bring AIN its first ever Simlympic Games
- Bidding would start 1-2 months before the Simlympic Bidding Opened.
- We would all work for each other to get the best bid possible.
- 1-2 bids would be selected by all the members of AIN, only those 2 Bids could represent the Alliance of Independent Nations as a bid. There may be cases where more 2 bids will be selected to represent AIN.
- 1-2 Bids will be selected a week before the Simlympic Bidding Opens. And further help will continue by our loyal members.

I very much believe this would be a great idea for AIN. Im sure most of you are tired of the SCJU winning rights to host the games almost every time theres a Simlympics. Me and Max want to change that. And bring the dominance to AIN, and show just how great our union is!

Thank You For Your Time Everyone,

Nate Saathoff
President of Escambia & AIN

Max Cromier
Prime Minister of Novland

Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee Empty Re: Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee

Post by cormiermax 8th December 2009, 03:56

We need this guys, We need to become a big player in the world. And this is a big step towards that.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee Empty Re: Proposal | AIN Simlympic Bidding Committee

Post by Daniel 8th December 2009, 07:09

I support the idea, but I have reservations. Arcacia is already bidding for May 2010 and I understand that Petrova is bidding for August.

The reservation I have is that I think bids should be done by countries, not unions.

I understand though that this measure would probably ensure member states do not bid against each other, but I still feel that control over the bid should be solely in the hands of the bidding country.

That being said, I think supporting each other's bids is a very worthy ideal.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 8th December 2009, 08:48

Although it's not really original, I support the idea.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 8th December 2009, 15:23

I support the idea.

And if approved, I believe that, based on what I know so far, this "Act" will be in use for August 2010 Simlympics. Peter and me will be bidding in August next year.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 8th December 2009, 19:12

Yeah this act will not effect February Games. The May Games however may have this act upon them. I know in a way this kinda sucks if we have a lot of bids. Buts for the betterment of the union. For one thing for sure we need to all help each other bid. So we can have AIN Nation win the hosting rights. But 1-3 nations should only be allowed to bid from our union. In honesty i dont see a lot of all bidding for one games Cheeky/Razz So in away it would work just perfect
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 8th December 2009, 19:51

I just want it placed on the record that Arcacia has spent a lot of time, effort and money (real money, by the way) on our bid for Yorke 2010 in May and we will not withdraw it under any circumstances, even if we are not selected by the union to run on their behalf. The bid for the Games was decided on well before our application to the AIN.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 8th December 2009, 20:06

Well then you shouldn't have much problem getting threw Smile
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 8th December 2009, 20:18

Here's hoping. I could do with the support as it's unlikely that I would be running unopposed. We already have a rival bidder. Pandion, run by an upstart from Adelaide. Cheeky/Razz
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 8th December 2009, 20:50

Matt wrote:Although it's not really original, I support the idea.

haha agreed. I think that this is a great idea. But maybe at the same time, have the forum regarding the ASBC, be open to only AIN members. Just like spaces, the main forum is there, but the actual inside of the spaces is only open to Full members. So that when people are showing their bids, rivals wont be able to see what our bids actually look like.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8th December 2009, 21:00

Hey...

ummmm Did Slacker not say we couldn't do this when we were talking about this a few months ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 8th December 2009, 21:04

the President and the VP said that its alright to have the ASBC as long as we are not preventing people from bidding. So in a way, nate's and max's proposition is not allowed by the ISC. Thanks for reminding me dljrfn!

So yea, we can have this, but we have to let everyone bid. All we can do is just to help people, and tell them if their bid plainly sucks or not, and its up to that person whether they want to bid or not. But we cant forcefully tell them they cant bid.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 8th December 2009, 21:04

Oh, yeah. The ISC said we can't prohibit people to bid for the Simlympics. But, at least, we can make bids better.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 8th December 2009, 21:36

Okay then will cut that one part. Out we still need the ASBC tho. And i know its not original Cheeky/Razz i was only bringing it back.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by anarchy0029 8th December 2009, 23:37

With such involvement we have with the Simlympics, I'd say why not give it a try? After all, it's all about constructive criticism and advice to helping others improve their bids for Simlympics. As long as we're not dictating.
anarchy0029
anarchy0029
Counsel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=logo

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 8th December 2009, 23:39

Yes, the advice idea is good for everyone.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 8th December 2009, 23:59

@danspaceman - jus wordering (u don't hav to tell me if u don't want to) how did you spend real money?
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 9th December 2009, 01:26

anarchy0029 wrote:With such involvement we have with the Simlympics, I'd say why not give it a try? After all, it's all about constructive criticism and advice to helping others improve their bids for Simlympics. As long as we're not dictating.

Your perfectly summed it up the way i wanted it Smile We need constructive criticism. And members to help each other. But yeah the dictating wont happen
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 9th December 2009, 02:26

wait....constructive criticism. isnt that what the ain expo is for? except only a couple of people participated in it last time, so we weren't able to use the expo to its full advantage 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 9th December 2009, 02:35

I will participate next time time there is one! Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 9th December 2009, 02:41

Yeah but Peter. Thing is this people would be devoted to there bids. Or why else would they bid. ASBC is 100% different from the Expo. Plus we didnt have the new guys. They looks like really active members Smile I mean just look at our total post count for the month already!
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 9th December 2009, 02:46

Alekfacco - I spent real money downloading music for the Opening Ceremony.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 9th December 2009, 02:53

danspaceman wrote:Alekfacco - I spent real money downloading music for the Opening Ceremony.

:shock: real money on the oc??? As an ISC member who's seen numerous bids, here's a helpful tip: Focus on your bid first, before investing time and even real movey(wow, you spent money on the OC???), because there's the possibility of you not winning(not that your city sucks of course). I knew someone who already planned out the entire opening ceremony, but when it came to bidding, they didnt deliver so well. So before investing on the oc, work on the bid first, but I'm sure your bid is already stunning Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 9th December 2009, 02:54

Saathoff wrote:Yeah but Peter. Thing is this people would be devoted to there bids. Or why else would they bid. ASBC is 100% different from the Expo. Plus we didnt have the new guys. They looks like really active members Smile I mean just look at our total post count for the month already!

true true
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 9th December 2009, 02:56

LOL -it's okay, I mean - now I have the music it's there. I won't have to spend that money again, so if I don't win it can be used in the future. It was only $20, I didn't mortgage the house. Laugh
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum