AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The host of Summit II.II is....

5 posters

Go down

The host of Summit II.II is.... Empty The host of Summit II.II is....

Post by Peter 10th December 2009, 00:35

Union Summit II.II
Economy and Health Care Summit

As Head of the Events Coordination Department, I am proud to announce the next minor summit to be held in Czargrad, Hiigaran Confederacy! Both bids were spectacular, and it was a very, very hard decision to make. But in the end it was decided that Hiigara would host the next minor summit. Dan, please don't hesitate to bid for the next minor summit(next month) or the next major summit(in Feb.) I hope to see your city bid again!

Summit Details
This summit will be discussing the world economy and health care. We will be talking about issues from around the real world, as well as issues regarding the said topics in our sim city countries. The summit will start Sunday, December 13, 2009 and end whenever we finish discussing. A reminder that a opening or closing ceremony is not required for minor summits.

(PS: Hiigara, I sent you a private message regarding the summit Smile )
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

The host of Summit II.II is.... Empty Re: The host of Summit II.II is....

Post by Aleks 10th December 2009, 03:10

We voted on this!?
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 10th December 2009, 03:12

Wait, were we supposed to vote on who the summit host would be?
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by anarchy0029 10th December 2009, 07:49

I'm looking at this as a minor summit. The major summit will be great.

I'll attend. Here's the problem. What time? Because I'm in the Pacific Time Zone and I would like to attend.
anarchy0029
anarchy0029
Counsel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=logo

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 10th December 2009, 08:15

Yes, I need to know what time as well. And the date. It's daylight savings here. It is also tomorrow.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 10th December 2009, 11:36

whoa whoa whooahhhh too many questions! Cheeky/Razz

1. Ok, the Events Coordinator Head(me) looks at the bids and chooses the host. I chose the host based on peer response(which bid had positive responses such as great job!) as well as city skills, and other factors. In the case of three or more bids and they are all equally good, I will ask for union vote. Minor summits happens every month, everyone will most likely get a turn to host and like I said, this is just a minor summit, so this isnt as big as hosting a major summit or the simlympics Cheeky/Razz

2. Just a clarification, there's no host for Summit III yet... people can bid anytime, and the host will be announced on January 15.

3. For the minor and major summits, this isnt a one time event. Just like other summits(major and minor) threads will be posted daily during the summit and you can post, reply, comment on them whenever you have free time Smile However, there may be some summits where it is online(MSN, or Yahoo, AIM) but seeing as we are from all over the world, it may be difficult.

4. Minor summits deal with one topic only, they are basically just discussing topics of interest, nothing big. They arent as grand as hosting the simlympics or the other AIN events. Major summits(the next one is february) discuss AIN issues, ideas, discussion, debates and such. There's usually elections during a major summit. And major summits are huge, as they spand from 10 to 20 days with opening and closing ceremonies. There is also union voting at the end of the major summits. Like for example, one day, we'll discuss a law regarding a ban on chocolate(kidding!). So then, at the end of the summit, when its voting time, you can either say yes or no on the poll to banning chocolate. You can check the past major summits to see how the system works. If you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask me or any admins!

Hope I cleared up some confusion Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 10th December 2009, 11:44

The Republic of Arcacia can not under any circumstances support a ban on chocolate.

You can pry the Junior Mints out of my cold, dead hand!!! :LOL!:
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 10th December 2009, 11:50

haha I couldn't think of anything else to use, and so I used my recess puffs cereal as an example Cheeky/Razz (I love my recess puffs)

Anyways, if y'all have any concerns or disagreements, please don't hesitate to post in the chamber of intelligence or PM me or any admins Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum