AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your local TV coverage like?

+3
Blakeway4
Aranho
emgmod
7 posters

Go down

What's your local TV coverage like? Empty What's your local TV coverage like?

Post by Daniel 14th February 2010, 15:36

In Australia, the Games are being shown on Channel 9, which so far is doing a rather mediocre job. So much is not shown. Australia is converting to digital TV and as a result, the networks now have multi-channels. My question is, WHY ISN'T CHANNEL 9 USING THEM?! We get maybe 8 hours a day and tomorrow we are only getting 5. They cross to the ice hockey when a goal is scored, but I am yet to see a full game. In Torino, it was on Channel 7, which devoted almost all of its airtime to the games and each day finished with a full hockey game.

I hope it gets better, but if not I will be writing an angry letter. Seriously, this is the first time an Olympics has been on 9 and they are doing a terrible job.

They could easily use the multi-channel system and show EVERYTHING, so why don't they? It's infuriating!
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

What's your local TV coverage like? Empty Re: What's your local TV coverage like?

Post by emgmod 14th February 2010, 17:22

NBC is pulling off the two hour delay here to keep their normal schedule. It gets annoying as I'm used to watching most of my shows at the same time as the West Coast. The exception are shows meant for late night.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

What's your local TV coverage like? Empty Re: What's your local TV coverage like?

Post by Aranho 14th February 2010, 17:52

In Singapore, Channel 5 only broadcast highlights of the Vancouver Winter Games. I didn't watch it as I have no interest in the Winter Games. It didn't broadcast the whole Opening Ceremony I believe.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 14th February 2010, 18:03

I watch RDS - Réseau Des Sports, a popular
French Sport Channel of Quebec
It's the french coverage of Canada also. In Quebec there's also V télé.
That's the list of the TV channel that I can watch that show all the olympics all the day:

TSN
ESPN
V
RDS
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 14th February 2010, 18:15

ESPN doesnt cover the games Blake. Only shows updates. As for us we get full coverage from NBC. And updates from about every other station
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 14th February 2010, 18:21

Here we've got Eurosport. 24/24 Olympics. With news and replays during the day.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 14th February 2010, 18:28

Saathoff wrote:ESPN doesnt cover the games Blake. Only shows updates. As for us we get full coverage from NBC. And updates from about every other station

Woops, I meant SPN Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 14th February 2010, 18:53

^^^

SPN? There's no SPN in the CTV network?
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 14th February 2010, 20:49

SPN here in Montreal! Wink Don't know if it's from CTV? I took that on the Téléhoraire of La Presse Journal.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by cormiermax 14th February 2010, 21:12

^^^

I don't think that exists, theirs nothing on Google about it.
cormiermax
cormiermax
Mayor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 14th February 2010, 21:30

There are 4 dedicated channels on Fox Sports on Foxtel, which is cable, but I don't have that.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down