AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More realistic campagins?

2 posters

Go down

More realistic campagins? Empty More realistic campagins?

Post by Edge 2nd March 2010, 02:59

I have been thinking....about the elections. I was wondering if you thought it would make the elections more realistic if we put more into campaigning....like for example campaigning in different nations. And if a nation (as a whole) voted for you, you would get delegates (or electoral college members). We would decide on how many delegates you had by the population of the country.

What do you think?
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

More realistic campagins? Empty Re: More realistic campagins?

Post by Guest 2nd March 2010, 03:41

DCMetro34 wrote:I have been thinking....about the elections. I was wondering if you thought it would make the elections more realistic if we put more into campaigning....like for example campaigning in different nations. And if a nation (as a whole) voted for you, you would get delegates (or electoral college members). We would decide on how many delegates you had by the population of the country.

What do you think?

glaring issue, it gives people power based on an easily manipulative statistic. Say for instance Perthshire which has only 600,000 residents gets 2 votes... but I want to win president of the union.... "Perthshire has just had a massive population spike" (resulting in me getting a dictoral number of votes, therefore giving me the election) while a good idea, a very dangerous one unless a lot of rules are put into place (and you guys know how much I love when the governing body has more control) 8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 2nd March 2010, 04:39

Cheeky/Razz dljrfn you should re-apply LOL... your always here and you have very good ideas... but yes DC I agree with delcon... lots of rules would have to be put in place..
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 2nd March 2010, 15:24

Hmm...well in terms of population; we could have you take a region pic of the population.

Maybe this could be moved to the Debate Chamber Smile
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd March 2010, 00:55

DCMetro34 wrote:Hmm...well in terms of population; we could have you take a region pic of the population.
I don't think so. Because I just finish 2 cities, also ERC divided into 4 regions so it's not possible for me. It's ok for city population.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd March 2010, 01:36

Least of your problems.... again its a very manipulative statistic. Say you have an empty large tile and you are working on building your region on the game still. Fill it with as many residents as possible and see a 500,000 plus resident spike....

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 3rd March 2010, 01:46

Well, then it's however much you are willing to put....you are right there are flaws though. I guess you could say that it's your region, you can do what you want with it. We could make people agree that they will not make cities to "fuel" their regions.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd March 2010, 02:56

Yes... and there was a gentlemen s agreement that the US president would not take more than 2 terms.... FDR proved that gentlemens agreements are hardly gentlemenly and honestly it would not be unlikely for a kumba like person to get into the union and the distort the rules and agreements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 3rd March 2010, 03:17

Are we as bad as him though?
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 3rd March 2010, 03:39

not saying we are.... but last I checked.... registration for the AIN is still wide open and its not impossible for someone like him to get involved someone new. I'm not saying close the AIN, by any means, but you have to think about.... ok how can I corrupt this? If it can be done to a point where someone can take that corrupt it and then use that corruption to hurt the union.... its a bad idea. Its a good start DC and I'm the first person to advocate realism in everything that is done in the SC4 world (as you all are soon to find out but that's something for a much different post) but if it can not be played out in the online world with out people corrupting it... its not worth doing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down