AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingdom of Petrova

+2
Saathoff
Peter
6 posters

Go down

Kingdom of Petrova Empty Kingdom of Petrova

Post by Peter 29th January 2009, 15:24

Kingdom of Petrova

Bienvenidos, bonjour, shalom, greetings! I welcome you to the CJ of Petrova, a country in Eastern Europe. This is my second attempt at a CJ here at Simtropolis, my other at Simsports. Chihiro, the capital city of Petrova is undergoing a massive rebuilding at an expense of atleast 500 Billion Petrovars(Dollars). So I though why not make a new CJ to go along with the new city! Along with Chihiro, you will get to see the cities of San Prado, Avenida Vista, Predeccia, Azovo, Oradea, Grevershki and Bovino.

Kingdom of Petrova PetrovanFlag

Kingdom of Petrova PetrovaMap

• Capital: Chihiro
  • Population: 30 Million
  • Government: Monarchy
  • Denomym: Petrovar
  • Official Language: Petrovar
  • GDP: 400 Billion
  • Ethnicity: Kosovar, Albanian, Russian, Georgian
  • Formation: Treaty of Araviq
  • Currency: Petrovar
  • Calling code: +.09
  • Internet TLD: .ptr

History

Founded in the mid 1900's, the present day country of Petrova is situated in the center of the map, between Russia, Ukraine, and Georgia. Though small in size (half the size of France), Petrova has gained the cultural admiration of Eastern Europe as well as Western Asia. But everything began in the late 1800's. Petrova was founded by the future Petrovan Royal Family, Naridah and Sergei Petravo. They were a poor family who settled in present day Chihiro, the country's cultural and political center.
Soon after, the city of Chihiro was established, and prospered steadily until the world wars. The country became even more prosperous during the world wars after providing the vast Russian and allies armies with food and arms. When the technology revolution occured in the west, Petrova, like its neighbors were struggling with its economy. By the 80's, the country is home to over 40 million inhabitants. There were mass starvation, since the soil was barren and the southern half of Petrova is mountainous, until a genious farmer named Sim Bob Sim came up with the technique called "love thy soil". The idea was to water the soil with the special water found in the the Sea of Azov (now Sea of Petrova). The soil immediately became soft and allowed for farming. Around 1970, the people were fed up with the Russians not paying attention to them. The country of Petrova wasn't declared a country until the Petro-Russo Revolution in 1975.

Economy

Petrova is known for its lucious soil and therefore the ability to produce wines, wheat, rice, soy and is currently number 5 in the top exporters of lumber. Petrova has a growing middle class and is gaining wealth every year due to its exports around the world. Petrova is also known for its rare diamonds found in the Caucus Mountains.

Culture

Since the country is situated between Eastern Europe and Asia, Petrova truly is a melting pot of different cultures and people. They speak Petrovan and English and although there is 90% freedom, Roman Catholic is the prevailing religion. Although it is one of the youngest countries in the world, the Petrovan culture is very rich due to its Russian ancestry. There are numerous art, music, fashion and cultural institutions throughout the country.

Petrovar Royal Family

Petrova is a ruled by the Royal Family of Petrova and the Petrovar Prime Minister. The Petrovar Royal Family is of mixed ancestry, and the current head of the country, King Dmitry was born in Pristina, Kosovo. The Petrovar Royal Family also contributed to Petrova's diverse culture due to King Dmitry being Albanian-Kosovar, while his wife, Queen Vera is of Canadian-Filipino roots. They have two children, the Dauphin of Petrova, Prince Matthias was born in the Bovino Palace, while his younger brother, Prince Igor, was born in the Palace of Bausmik in Predeccia. Both have been sent to other countries to study, and as a result, they have brought with them, French, American, Indian, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Latin and other cultures. Prince Matthias, the dauphin of Petrova, is to be crowned king of the country.
However, there are rumors speculating about in the country as to whether there will be a rebellion for a republic. Many Petrovars have looked up to their sister, Kosovo and thought about a 'Petrovar Republic". The Royal Family has not spoken of the matter.

Kingdom of Petrova RoyalFamily

Petrova Today

Today, Petrova is a bustling and thriving country that stretches out to the Caspian to the Sea of Petrova (Sea of Azov), bordering Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan to the north and Georgia and Azerbaijan to the south. Petrova is among the fastest growing countries in the world, along with China and India, with a population of 30 million in just a century. Chihiro, the capital is the seat of the Royal Family who governs the country. Petrova is a constitutional monarchy. The largest cities in Petrova are Chihiro, Brytyavska, and Avenida Vista. Today, the city of Chihiro can be compared to Paris, and New York.

Last edited by Peter on 6th June 2010, 20:26; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Kingdom of Petrova Empty Re: Kingdom of Petrova

Post by Peter 29th January 2009, 15:25

Welcome to Petrova!

Kingdom of Petrova Palace

Kingdom of Petrova Mass

Kingdom of Petrova America2

Kingdom of Petrova SriLanka2

Kingdom of Petrova RNC

Kingdom of Petrova QHEXPO

Kingdom of Petrova View

Kingdom of Petrova PSP-1

Kingdom of Petrova Europead

Kingdom of Petrova View

Kingdom of Petrova Gourmandy3
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 15th February 2009, 02:37

Very nice!! Smile
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 28th February 2009, 14:07

Here is the new anthem of Petrova:

Last edited by Petrovar Ambassador on 28th February 2009, 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 28th February 2009, 17:39

Very nice Anthem!
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 28th February 2009, 17:42

Nice. Btw, how do you make your own anthem? Do you make your own music or find some music somewhere from the net?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 28th February 2009, 17:44

Well Escambia does have a custom made one.. we use Qatar national anthem.. But i think Petrovar Ambassador makes his own. At least it seems
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 28th February 2009, 20:27

thanks y'all, unfortunately i didnt make Petrova's anthem. I cant remember where i got it from, but i think its a traditional song from South America(but its not an actual anthem). Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 7th March 2009, 12:40

Petrovar Ambassador wrote:thanks y'all, unfortunately i didnt make Petrova's anthem. I cant remember where i got it from, but i think its a traditional song from South America(but its not an actual anthem). Laugh
That explains why yours is so great and mine is so crappy Cheeky/Razz
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 7th March 2009, 17:24

Colonel1: thanks, do you have an anthem?

Kingdom of Petrova Update

Update: Petrova Simlympic Park, Ordona

I thought you guys are prolly tired of seeing Chihiro, so here is another city in Petrova: Ordona. Ordona is a suburb of the Petrovan capital, Chihiro. It is a new city, and there are no inhabitants as of February 2009. However, luxurious and spacious suburban houses are being built and will be ready by the end of March. Just outside of Ordona will be the new Petrova Simlympic Park. Ordona used to be a boring and endless forest, but thanks to Project Brytyavska, 15 million tons of sand will be transported from the beaches of Mexico, Madagascar, China and Spain to Ordona's shores. It will redefine the word "green" as the park will offer a beach paradise setting for the October 2009 Simlympics that will hopefully be in Petrova.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona

The new Petrova Simlympic Park is scheduled to be completed by August 2009. This is just one of the four total parking areas in the PSP. Each parking area will have a capacity 30,000 making a total capacity of 120,000. The palm trees seen here have been imported from Cancun, Mexico. Each palm tree has been decorated with white lights, with LCD screens in between the trees. Cameras have been hidden in every other two trees for security.

Kingdom of Petrova Parking

Kingdom of Petrova Parking2

Kingdom of Petrova Construction2

Kingdom of Petrova Construction

Kingdom of Petrova Construction3
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingo the First 8th March 2009, 02:41

Great job, and if you need some money, Gallians would be proud to contribute to Ordona's development!
Ingo the First
Ingo the First
Town Clerk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 13th March 2009, 00:10

Looks Good as always!
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 14th March 2009, 19:57

Colonel1: thanks, do you have an anthem?
I deleted mine. I'm making a new one based on the Estonian National Anthem "Mu isamaa". My first one was extremely bad. It was the same chord progression over and over again and as it got to the end, the instruments faded out and left the song. It was creative but an earsore.
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 17th March 2009, 20:30

Emperor: Thanks, and that would be great! PM me for details Laugh

Nate: thanks!

Jacob: Cool, what do you use to make your own music?

Update: Gersbach District, Ordona

Hey guys, thanks for stopping by. Today we will return to Ordona to see the Gersbach(pronounced gyers-back) district. It also known as the Ambassador's Village. It used to be Grevershki, but was moved down to Ordona. Gersbach district is directly across from the Petrova Simlympic Park and just outside of the city(another update). So far, there's about 6 embassies in the city and growing. There is unlimited space, so don't forget to PM me your building of choice for the embassy(preferred landmark, mid-rise, no high rises please).

Kingdom of Petrova Gersbach

Kingdom of Petrova Gersbach2

Kingdom of Petrova NewAuria

Kingdom of Petrova Rorysville

Kingdom of Petrova Kalnobia

Kingdom of Petrova Dimland

Gersbach Dist. has a couple of amenities for our international guests. There are numerous five star hotels along the coast, a resort, and a mall. These will be revealed at a later time, but here is a teaser of what to expect:

Kingdom of Petrova Suites
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 8th April 2009, 23:03

Update: Ordona, Petrova

Komosti! Thanks for stopping by today as I have a grand update for y'all. Sorry for not replying or commenting on CJ's as often, but on the bright side I have spring break this week, so I will be working on Petrova. I have three updates for you guys today(well two, and one application xD)

Ordona is a new and developing city in the Capital Belt. The Capital Belt is another name for Metro Chihiro. Located south of Chihiro, Ordona is home to over 4,000 residents. It is often compared to the San Prado, a wealthy suburb west of Ordona. Although there are 1,300 wealthy residents in the Ordona, the city is famous for its amenities. It is home to Gersbach District which is the Ambassador's Village, Arevalo Mall which is a modern mall catering to international shoppers, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Resort located in the Petrova Simlympic Park and the iconic Parc d'importansia where famous leaders of the ages are imortalized in the maze of statues.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona-1

This is the Arevalo Residential District. It is named after the co-founder of the city, Dayana Arevalo. The other co-founder is Rhian Ordon-Gersbach. The Arevalo Residential District is home to some of the wealthiest citizens of Petrova as well as some international millionaires have homes here.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona1

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona3

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona2

This is the residential areas of Ordona. Unlike most Petrovan residential places, Ordona's was inspired by the west and was planned with the American suburban layout in mind.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona4

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona5

Ordon Blvd is the main road to the city. As this city will become an international city, the roads were planned in a modern manner. The two roads on the side will be used for the main Ordon road, whereas the middle highway will be used as the expressway.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona6

This is the Parc d'importansia where famous leaders around the world are honored in a maze of statues.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona7

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona8

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona9

This is the place that started it all. The Petrova Simlympic Park made Ordona the celebrity city of Petrova. It's innovative beach environment wil be the centerpiece bid for the October Simlympic Games Bid.

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona10

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona11

Kingdom of Petrova Ordona12

Advertisements for the April Games

Here are some more ads for the games!

Kingdom of Petrova Aero

Kingdom of Petrova BelleChasse

Kingdom of Petrova Kenosha

Kingdom of Petrova Kalnobia

Kingdom of Petrova Perthsire

Miss SimUniverse 2010 Host Selection

Hey guys! Do you still remember the heated action-pack competition in March? The Miss SimUniverse Organization is now looking for the host of the hottest competition in Sim City! The competition will be sometime in the summer. If you are interested in hosting, please reply below with the name of your country, and a picture of your city/country. Don't worry, anyone can be the host, and all you have to do is sit back and enjoy. I will still do the preliminaries, swimsuit and evening gown videos. All your country has to do is host the event. And best part, THIS WILL GO IN THE HOST'S CJ...MAKING YOUR CJ MORE POPULAR!!! So anyone can host!

Here's what the Miss SimUniverse Organization is looking for:
-A tiny, peaceful village or a historic city with plenty of landmarks and monuments or a bustling city or a beach paradise resort
-Hotels & Restaurants in your bid city
-The main venue (a large theater, auditorium or indoor arena would be great)
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 9th April 2009, 20:29

Ordona looks good (although I'm a little sad that you didn't take my density advice Sad ) i'll getover it! You've really found a way to make those European Maxis Houses look like... well... actually part of europe Smile
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 11th April 2009, 21:10

shoot! so sorry jacob, i completely forgot about your plan....its the one that's build high rises along the coast right? ahhh too much going on lols

anyways, that's only parts of Ordona, so there's still a lot of room to develop and expand Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 22nd June 2009, 03:41

Update: Azovo, Petrova

Hey y'all. I know I haven't done an update in like forever lols. I posted this update on ST a couple of days ago and I forgot to post em here and in AIN. Sorry Cheeky/Razz Today, we will be visiting the southern tip of Petrova to see the city of Azovo! The first time I introduced y'all to Azovo was during the Simlympic Torch Relay in December 2008, I think in page 1(wow, that's a long time ago haha). So today, we are going back to this enchanting medieval city.

With a population of less than 600, Azovo is one of the many cities and towns in Petrova that still is intact from the modern revolution the country went through a couple of years ago. This city is famous for its tiny seaport, yet one of the famous ones in Eastern Europe. Azovo is one of the major seaports in the country, bringing about 75% of the country's seafood supply. The other major seaport is located in Faytaren, a suburb of Metro Avenida Vista-Predeccia.

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo1

This is the City Hall. It is easily mistaken for a church or cathedral due to its facade. Even though Azovo is considered a city, it runs like a tiny town or village. The town leader is Ivanka Hessy. The town's streets are usually crowded on a daily basis as there are no cars in the city.

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo2

There are only three ways to reach Azovo: train, car or ship. It's not as easy reaching the city as you'd think. Train is probably the easiest. If you plan to visit by road, expect to drive through a narrow road for a three hours from the nearest town. If you go by ship, you would have to be from Europe or Asia, not from Petrova.

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo3

This is the city square. A place where people hang out and do bargaining, put up stalls for their markets. The building you see surrounding the square is the local school catering to children all the way to adults. However, the wealthy living in Azovo choose to send their kids to private schools in Brytyavska (approximately 3.5 hours away).

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo4

This is the Sachley House. It is home to the Sachley family who founded the city and is famous for their fishing business.

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo5

The St. Agnes Cathedral is the only church in the city preaching the Catholic faith as 99% of the city is Roman Catholic. This is one of the landmarks of the city.

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo6

And finally, the Port of Mandich is an important part of the city and the country. If brings in ships from all over the world. As tiny as it is, the port can handle up to five ships a day. There are talks of expanding the seaport to accomodate a larger ship traffic.

Kingdom of Petrova Azovo7

Well, that's it for today. Torch relay to be posted in the Simlympics Section tomorrow evening!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 22nd June 2009, 05:08

Looks good so far, but it looks like one ship is going to T-Bone the parked ship and the other gonna ram the shore :-P Not sure if thats what you're going for Smile

Also you should invest in some seaport BATS than using the maxis ferry docks. You should also make a industrial port away from the landmarks, more realstic that way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 23rd June 2009, 11:59

Quote from my comment on Simsports Cheeky/Razz
Wow. What a cute little town you have there (city in political terms Cheeky/Razz)
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 24th August 2009, 00:56

Peter wrote:
Kingdom of Petrova SriLanka2

How did you get thouse walls??
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 30th August 2009, 02:02

Hmmmm....I think they're seawalls. If I'm not mistaken its this:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=15410
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 30th August 2009, 03:53

Also, where did you get the palm trees???
And thanks
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down