AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting

+9
Edge
anarchy0029
Saathoff
emgmod
Blakeway4
Thomas
Tyler
Aranho
Daniel
13 posters

Go down

Should futuristic technologies and/or time shifting be banned?

Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_lcap63%Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 12 ]
Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_lcap21%Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]
Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_lcap5%Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_lcap11%Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 19

Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Empty Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting

Post by Daniel 20th March 2010, 13:49

Please vote above and then validate your vote by posting below. Here is what the options mean:

Yes, both: Both futuristic technologies, such as faster-than-light travel, megalistic laseriffic cannons and cable TV with no ads would be banned, as well as setting your CJ in the future. This means, if it is 2010 here, it is 2010 everywhere.

No, neither: Everything described above, plus anything else you can imagine is permitted.

Yes, futuristic technologies: No laseriffic cannons, but you can say it's 3254 where you are.

Yes, time shifting: You can have cable TV with no ads, but it's still 2010.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Empty Re: Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting

Post by Daniel 20th March 2010, 13:50

I voted yes, both.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting Empty Re: Ban on futuristic technology/time shifting

Post by Aranho 20th March 2010, 15:47

I voted for yes, time shifting only
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th March 2010, 16:41

Voted : Yes for futuristic technology only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 20th March 2010, 16:53

Voted yes for both.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 20th March 2010, 17:00

Yes for both.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 20th March 2010, 17:08

J'ai répondu "oui, aux deux"
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 20th March 2010, 17:11

I voted yes for both.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 20th March 2010, 17:31

J'ai répondu "oui, aux deux"

Why can't you just do English Cheeky/Razz
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 20th March 2010, 17:41

Yes for both
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by anarchy0029 22nd March 2010, 00:20

I voted YES for both.
anarchy0029
anarchy0029
Counsel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=logo

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 22nd March 2010, 00:20

Yes, for both.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 22nd March 2010, 04:56

Yes, BOTH
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 22nd March 2010, 13:29

Okay, thanks everyone. There have now been 14 votes counted, so I think we can safely say we have a consensus.

I declare the motion that both futuristic technology and timeshifting be banned by a vote of 11 in favour, 1 against, 2 split.

Members must not include any technology or capabilities that have not yet been invented, with the exception of those technologies that are already part of the default SC4 settings, ie: hydrogen power plants.

Members must observe the current date. Members must not include anything that is set in the future or the past, except when reporting on historical events or discussing future developments.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 29th March 2010, 06:13

How fortunate that I changed Lower Columbia's timeline to fit into the RL past while I was in the LoN. For those who don't know/remember, Lower Columbia was originally set 400 years in the future, but with technology only slightly more advanced than present-day. It was really just a way to say that the country developed out of the RL present-day Pacific Northwest. Everyone was quite happy when I moved the country's historical timeline into the RL past (especially emgmod, who could finally write the history of Illu'a).
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 29th March 2010, 07:07

I was very happy. Especially with the creation of the Puget Sound War.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 30th March 2010, 22:20

Voted no for both. It corrupts the whole figure of the union.

EDIT: My mistake. If I had read properly, my response would have surely been yes.

I have a question though, does this apply for space nations as well? No manned spacecraft has gone farther than Mars so far, therefore making it a futuristic technology. As you can see from my sig, I'm strongly against space nations.
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 31st March 2010, 01:58

I don't think a manned spacecraft has ever been past the moon.... unless the international space station is further away than that...
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 31st March 2010, 03:18

Tyler wrote:I don't think a manned spacecraft has ever been past the moon.... unless the international space station is further away than that...
It isn't. The ISS is much, much closer to Earth than the moon is - about 200 miles vs. 240,000 miles. But yeah, I'm positive that no manned spacecraft has even come close to Mars.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 31st March 2010, 04:19

No, no manned spacecraft has ever been further than the Moon. The trouble is with comic radiation. A round trip to the Moon gives you a lifetime's worth in a couple of days. Astronauts who go to the Moon are not allowed to go back into space. It is one of the main hurdles with getting to Mars, along with fuel and water.

A mission to Mars is still a long way off - possibly another 50 years.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 31st March 2010, 13:40

Well it looks like all my spacecraft BATs will be going to waste then... SadCheeky/Razz
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum