AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposal | Member Application Checklist

+6
Daniel
emgmod
Edge
Thomas
Blakeway4
Neil
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Proposal | Member Application Checklist Empty Proposal | Member Application Checklist

Post by Neil 6th April 2010, 15:57

In order to improve the standards of applications and maintain our union's reputation as one with high quality CJs, I would ask for the following to be considered...

A member checklist would be posted under the member application desk, each applicant would be required to post this after their actual application and check off everything they believe they have contained in their nation. An admin or perhaps an elected.appointed team would check their checklist and make sure they have all the essential points and say 6/10 of the optional points before a poll is attached and members can vote upon the application.

As well as improving the quality of applications before they go to vote (and people get rejected by the union) this would also improve the CJing skills of the applicant before they even join the union as there will always be something on that list they need to improve upon.

The checklist below is preliminary and if you want anything added or indeed changed, state below...

Essential Requirements (You must have all of these prerequisites before your application is considered)

• A minimum of seven in-game pictures of your nation (please avoid showing the in-game UI or pause frame in your pictures)
  • A unique and realistic flag of your nation
  • A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
  • A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
  • A type of government that again matches your CJ style
  • A realistic size and population of your nation (do not be taking over Russia or having China as a colony Wink)
  • A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content, as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
  • The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

Optional Requirements (At least five of these prerequisites must be fulfilled before your application is considered)

• A custom terrain mod
  • A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
  • Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
  • Attention to detail
  • A custom water mod
  • A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
  • Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
  • Active participation in a previous union (links required)
  • Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
  • Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
  • Custom Trees
  • Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

***If enacted, this checklist would apply to Full and Junior member applications (along with the requirements for full), otherwise cyrrent nations are unaffected***
Can't think of anymore at this time, let me know if more should be added, or wording can be changed...

Last edited by Neil on 7th April 2010, 18:25; edited 4 times in total
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Proposal | Member Application Checklist Empty Re: Proposal | Member Application Checklist

Post by Blakeway4 6th April 2010, 16:11

I agree. Well for the "going over existing nations", Lower Columbia is an exception right? Perhaps when Lydosia was alive (LOL), it wasn't going over USA or Lower Columbia... Since most of AIN nations are Islands, why not talking it Alliance of Islands Nations. So I don't really agree with this rule since there won't be very in-land nations. And I just realised that Holidia is in the same circonstances than Lower Columbia. Perhaps the solution would be to "get on" a little part of current territory of a existing nation: example
I decide that my new nation would be a peninsula on the current Ethiopia

Don't know if you follow my point, but otherwise, I'm agains the "getting over other nation". Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Proposal | Member Application Checklist Empty Re: Proposal | Member Application Checklist

Post by Neil 6th April 2010, 16:19

I meant an existing AIN nation Cheeky/Razz
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 6th April 2010, 16:29

Oh! Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th April 2010, 16:31

I think custom water mod should be optional, as should coat of arms and NAM. Not all nations really need it if they don't want it... It should be recommended though.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 6th April 2010, 16:34

Although no NAM basically eliminates most custom content choices....
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 6th April 2010, 16:36

I don't have a coat of arms, and I'm a full member!

Should realistic transport network be "realistic relative to where your country is located?" For example, grids are realistic in cities around the United States, etc.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 6th April 2010, 16:37

A custom water mod is simply for realism - if a nation is landlocked, then it wouldn't be required (only if water shows up in the applications).

As for the NAM, well a nation without it will most likely be one without rush hour or deluxe and thus will have very little custom content.

A coat of arms has always been required, or so I believe?

EDIT: added emgmod's idea
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th April 2010, 16:48

I don't have a coat of arms either. Cheeky/Razz
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 6th April 2010, 16:52

You'll need to. It's usefull in some times
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 6th April 2010, 16:55

Wikipedia wrote:However, today, nearly every nation in every part of the world has its own coat of arms, in many cases emblems that do not fully conform with European heraldric traditions.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 6th April 2010, 18:41

What exactly is meant by "custom water mod?"
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 6th April 2010, 18:49

It's a mod that changes the default Maxis water to the water mod you have downloaded.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 6th April 2010, 18:54

Oh. Is that important?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 6th April 2010, 19:03

I don't think so, really. I can't remember who does Maxis water looks like so I dunno.

But I think the water mod is all up to the choice of the CJ-er. If he/she prefers Maxis, then go ahead.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 6th April 2010, 19:25

I agree, but I think NAM is a requirement, although most people probably have it.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 7th April 2010, 00:33

A custom water mod, IMHO can make all the difference when it comes to realism, unless the nation is planetary.
The normal sc4 water is horrid, unrealistic and makes me want to puke, I'm sorry but I really do think it should stay an 'essential' requirement.

A water mod is usually very small in file size and there are many to choose from on the majority of exchanges, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem for an applicant to download one.

Anyway, the whole point of this checklist is to make should the member has a presentable CJ for their application before it goes to vote, a member is not declined from membership, simply told what is wrong and how to improve before an application is made official. Therefore the large majority of applicants (i could probably say 95%) will be accepted the first time the application goes to vote.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th April 2010, 00:46

I use Hawaii Water Mod Laugh awomse
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th April 2010, 06:32

I have to agree. I don't really like the default water. The water off the Australian coast is dark blue, not motion-sickness blue. I think I'll look for a mod.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 7th April 2010, 11:50

I would recommend Peg's ones although there is another guy whose water mod i used for a while (a more greeny colour) - his name escapes me... Wink
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th April 2010, 12:05

I've just installed Peg's "Brigandene" version. Very nice.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 7th April 2010, 12:17

Yeh, that's the version I've now got. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 7th April 2010, 13:30

Blakeway wrote:I use Hawaii Water Mod Laugh awomse
Peg's right? That what I use;-).

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 7th April 2010, 16:35

Ok so can I move this for a vote?
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 7th April 2010, 16:43

I like this idea, custom water mod i think should be optional. But I support this checklist. I like this so much, that I think we should do this checklist with current members as well Cheeky/Razz

And neil, give this a day or two more, so that everyone has time to say whatever, then you or dan can move this to the voting polls Smile

Last edited by Peter on 7th April 2010, 16:45; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum