AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 6

4 posters

Go down

Day 6 Empty Day 6

Post by Thomas 28th April 2010, 19:59

Day 6 Day6
Welcome back to the Capital Hotel in the South Ollingdale district for the penultimate day of this Summit. Today we will be looking at eye candy and realism, and how to create both of these.

1. How do you use eye candy in your cities? Explain the best way you have for using eye candy.

2. How do you promote realism in your cities? Explain the best way to try and use realism.

3. What are your favourite mods for your cities?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Day 6 Empty Re: Day 6

Post by emgmod 29th April 2010, 04:42

Spoiler:
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 29th April 2010, 04:47

1. How do you use eye candy in your cities? Explain the best way you have for using eye candy.

Wherever something looks drab, I'll use eye-candy to spice it up a bit. I'm not a fan of using eye-candy in place of something functional, though.

It's also all in the details. Sometimes it's as easy as plopping a building, other times it's necessary to spend some time on the finer details, like the gaps between a road and a farm.

2. How do you promote realism in your cities? Explain the best way to try and use realism.

I avoid the ridiculous. Anyone who played SC2000 will remember "Arcologies." Giant buildings that house up to and beyond a million people. I don't like that.

Generally speaking, when I'm in one of the cities, I take note of how real it feels. If there's something about it that is ruining the illusion, it goes. If there's something missing, I go get it.

Most recently, the airports underwent a major upgrade. The Maxis default airports are disastrously unrealistic. I'm actually a trained pilot and I would have a hard time landing a Cessna on the runway that they provide, let alone a fully laden 707.

NAM: An absolute must have. Also, anything PEG puts out is gold.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 29th April 2010, 13:45

I like to use it for urban and downtown such as slums lot.

2. How do you promote realism on your city?
Make some green area at city area.
Make some slums at city.

3. What are your favourite mods for your cities? NAM, BSC funding, CAM.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 29th April 2010, 23:04

I do as much as realist as I can with alot of custom BATs Cheeky/Razz

I take examples from RL Cities/Region and get inspired by it Laugh

Too much to say Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum