AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Memorial Day Banner

+5
JJ
marsh
Saathoff
anarchy0029
woodb3kmaster
9 posters

Go down

Memorial Day Banner Empty Memorial Day Banner

Post by woodb3kmaster 31st May 2010, 01:14

The current banner has a typo in it. "Hero's" should actually be "heroes". Apostrophes have no place in plural forms, ever.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Memorial Day Banner Empty Re: Memorial Day Banner

Post by anarchy0029 31st May 2010, 01:26

Even though there is a mistake. There's no big deal upon it. It speaks from the heart. And i like the banner anyways.
anarchy0029
anarchy0029
Counsel

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/home.php?ref=logo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 31st May 2010, 01:35

Nice banner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 31st May 2010, 04:34

we know theres a mistake. We in way made it that way cause it looked better . Heroes didnt look the best.. But as Memorial Day comes around tmr, all remember, the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 31st May 2010, 05:37

kinda funny. Smile But a good rememberance neverless.
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 31st May 2010, 05:49

woodb3kmaster wrote:The current banner has a typo in it. "Hero's" should actually be "heroes". Apostrophes have no place in plural forms, ever.
unless its plural possessive then apostrophes become an English teacher's worst nightmare

The Jones family.... the Jones' house
the cats..... the cat's ball
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 31st May 2010, 06:43

Saathoff wrote:we know theres a mistake. We in way made it that way cause it looked better . Heroes didnt look the best.. But as Memorial Day comes around tmr, all remember, the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten
I don't think we should base our typography on what "looks better", but on what's correct. We should try to look as professional as possible to attract the best members possible. (Likewise with distinguishing "there", "their" and "they're"... not mere spelling variations of one another!)
sharaunque1 wrote:unless its plural possessive then apostrophes become an English teacher's worst nightmare

Indeed. The rule is pretty simple, but I think it would be better if English just dropped all apostrophes from its possessives. That would bring us in line with the other Germanic languages.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 31st May 2010, 10:04

I agree, it should be spelt correctly.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 31st May 2010, 10:19

take out the word "Heroes" altogether. let it read In Memory of America's Fallen= Memorial Day
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 31st May 2010, 14:36

LOL you guys nate made a simple mistake, the world aint coming to an end. let's just honor the people who died fighting for us Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 31st May 2010, 16:50

Nice banner. Im sure that however you choose to fix it ( or just leave it) It will be fine. Its only going to be up there one day after all LOL

Its just good to have a caring forum to stay on top of important days like this. Nice work all!
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 31st May 2010, 17:56

woodb3kmaster wrote:
Saathoff wrote:we know theres a mistake. We in way made it that way cause it looked better . Heroes didnt look the best.. But as Memorial Day comes around tmr, all remember, the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten
I don't think we should base our typography on what "looks better", but on what's correct. We should try to look as professional as possible to attract the best members possible. (Likewise with distinguishing "there", "their" and "they're"... not mere spelling variations of one another!)
sharaunque1 wrote:unless its plural possessive then apostrophes become an English teacher's worst nightmare

Indeed. The rule is pretty simple, but I think it would be better if English just dropped all apostrophes from its possessives. That would bring us in line with the other Germanic languages.

Seriously show some respect? You dont have to be complete jerk about it. Its just one day calm down wood
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 31st May 2010, 21:48

I think you're overreacting to what's really a very simple critique. I just want the union to be respected, and I'm not opposed to breaking an egg or two to make that omelette. I'm plenty calm - I think you have it backwards as to who needs to calm down. In addition, demanding respect is a surefire way to get me to not show you any. Try setting a good example when you want to be respected.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 31st May 2010, 21:50

woodb3kmaster wrote:I think you're overreacting to what's really a very simple critique. I just want the union to be respected, and I'm not opposed to breaking an egg or two to make that omelette. I'm plenty calm - I think you have it backwards as to who needs to calm down. In addition, demanding respect is a surefire way to get me to not show you any. Try setting a good example when you want to be respected.
Again if you have a problem PM an admin? Its always been that way. No reason to draw attention to a problem so outsiders know about it cause you had to be a loud mouth and draw attention.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 31st May 2010, 22:40

Nice banner there guys Cheeky/Razz I don't care how "hero" word is normally written, I'm always doing mistakes when I write it even in French Cheeky/Razz So it seem to be a really complicated word thus, to go with the people who are named like that! Laugh

International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 31st May 2010, 23:14

woodb3kmaster wrote:I think you're overreacting to what's really a very simple critique. I just want the union to be respected, and I'm not opposed to breaking an egg or two to make that omelette. I'm plenty calm - I think you have it backwards as to who needs to calm down. In addition, demanding respect is a surefire way to get me to not show you any. Try setting a good example when you want to be respected.

Saathoff wrote:
Again if you have a problem PM an admin? Its always been that way. No reason to draw attention to a problem so outsiders know about it cause you had to be a loud mouth and draw attention.

Ok you two, break up the cold war. This is a warning for both of you. :no-no:
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 1st June 2010, 01:09

Please dont like the long debate on AIN world map.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down