AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest Format and Official Schedule

+2
Blakeway4
Peter
6 posters

Go down

Contest Format and Official Schedule Empty Contest Format and Official Schedule

Post by Peter 20th June 2010, 04:15

Contest Format and Official Schedule Ainvision2010

Format

From July 2 - 10, countries from all over AIN will be performing their chosen song entry. The difference between Eurovision and Ainvision is that after each semifinal in Ainvision, all four countries move onto the final, whereas in Eurovision, countries are voted off in the semifinal. After the 5th Semifinal(July 10), voting will be opened. The voting format will be the same as the voting format used in Fornax. Votes will be sent via PM. The votes will be on a points scale. 12 points is given to your favorite country. 10 points to your second favorite. 8 points to your 3rd favorite. Then afterwards, 7-1 points will be given to your seven respective countries. Therefore you can vote for a total of 10 countries. The country you give 1 point to is your least favorite in your top 10. Countries that failed to vote will be disqualified in the finale. During the final night, the votes of every country will be revealed and the winner will be announced. The winner of the 2010 Summer Ainvision Song Contest will host the 2010 Winter Ainvision Song Contest.

Voting Example:

12 points: Country A
10 points: Country B
8 points: Country C
7. Country D
6. Country E
5. Country F
4. Country G
3. Country H
2. Country I
1. Country J

Schedule & National Entries

(The song contest will be early since I will be leaving for Orlando in July.)

July 2-10: Ainvision July 2010 Performances
July 10-14: Voting
July 20: Finale

1st Semifinal - July 2
Fornax-The First One, Boys Like Girls
Tongolia-We could be the same, maNga
Lanaya-Le But, Loco Locass
Hypertrophy-Everything I Can, Ron Reeser & Dan Saenz f/ Myah

2nd Semifinal - July 4
Lycanthia-Dans Ce Monde, Jody
Escambia-Drops of Jupiter, Train
Illu'a-Better Days, Goo Goo Dolls
Roanoke Island-First Time, Lifehouse

3rd Semifinal - July 6
Tirnreich-Forever, Papa Roach
Petrova-Where's The Party Tonight, KANK
Sarnia Islands-Drip Drop, Safura
Holidia-When the Sun Goes Down, Arctic Monkeys

4th Semifinal - July 8
Ollingdale-Gypsy, Shakira
Ascadylea-When Love Takes Over, David Guetta f/ Kelly Rowland
Hispania-An Ordinary Life, Amy Macdonald
Dardajhan Republic-Toxic, A Static Lullaby

5th Semifinal - July 10
Ceará Islands-In Color, Jamey Johnson
Arcacia-Inevitable, Anberlin
Aleksania-Rockstar, Nickelback
East Rockcoast-Cinta Sejati, Loonatic

Final - July 20
Votes Revealed and Winner Announced
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Contest Format and Official Schedule Empty Re: Contest Format and Official Schedule

Post by Blakeway4 20th June 2010, 13:22

Nice! Cheeky/Razz As my song is in english, I'll provide a translation French-English of the lyrics so anyone will understand it Laugh And of course see why it's an amazing song!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Contest Format and Official Schedule Empty Re: Contest Format and Official Schedule

Post by Daniel 20th June 2010, 16:10

I just have a question about voting. I assume we can't vote for our own countries, but what about block voting? Can a main country vote for a dependency and vice versa? Or should we not vote for any of our own countries?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 20th June 2010, 17:37

@dan: Good question! Well since you have lycanthia and arcacia, you will need to send two separate votes from those two countries. And yes, a main country can vote for their dependency and vice versa. The same thing happens in Eurovision, where neighbors and allies give high points to each other. It's really interesting how politics plays out in these contests. But I do suggest to vote fairly, dont just give countries points because you like that country. Its all about the songs Smile

But just for clarification to everyone, you cant vote for your own country. So Petrova can't give any points to Petrova. But Petrova can give points to its dependency Dardajhan Republic and vice versa.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 20th June 2010, 17:39

Yes - the bloc voting is the only reason the UK did not win this year.
Or last year.
Or the year before.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 20th June 2010, 22:18

yea thats the only thing that sucks about bloc voting, i felt bad that UK had the lowest points this year...

but dont worry, a country cant just win because of bloc voting. statistically, in order for a county to win, majority of ain has to give that country points.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 20th June 2010, 23:11

Now, Thomas. Bloc voting is NOT the reason Britain doesn't win. I think this has something to do with it: