AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switch from 4 games a year to 3

+6
MiguelLeal
Cyclone-1001
Liberater444
Aranho
emgmod
Blakeway4
10 posters

Go down

Switch from 4 games a year to 3 Empty Switch from 4 games a year to 3

Post by Blakeway4 3rd July 2010, 23:09

Slacker wrote:When the Simlympics first began, we only had 3 games a year. We then decided to switch to 4 games a year, and it worked well for a while, but we think it's time to try 3 games a year again for a while. The aim is to give everyone more time. At the moment, I'm sure you'll agree, everything feels a bit rushed. Bidders only have a month to construct a bid, and then the ISC/the Host only has a month to create the world's biggest sporting event. We think giving both of these crucial periods an extra bit of time will improve the games for everyone.

So, consequentially, we're moving the August games to September and therefore the ISC Session to chose the host of the next Simlympics will instead of taking place tonight, we happen in mid July. These extra time will also give bidders a chance to add more info to their bids, or for new cities to submit bids.

Winchester/Roseburgh will still be hosting the 15th ISC Session, and we look forward to seeing you there in a couple of weeks time Smile.

Wacky32 wrote:Ok, sounds smart! Smile

Peter wrote:This is great but NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So there's more waiting and waiting = more nerve wracking anticipation. And that means that my bid will have to be redone since most of it says August 2010 Cheeky/Razz

Wacky32 wrote:Ive already bidded for the ISC session, Im not gonna get my bid for the games back up, its not fair, who agrees with me! Smile

Blakeway wrote:
Slacker wrote:When the Simlympics first began, we only had 3 games a year. We then decided to switch to 4 games a year, and it worked well for a while, but we think it's time to try 3 games a year again for a while. The aim is to give everyone more time. At the moment, I'm sure you'll agree, everything feels a bit rushed. Bidders only have a month to construct a bid, and then the ISC/the Host only has a month to create the world's biggest sporting event. We think giving both of these crucial periods an extra bit of time will improve the games for everyone.

The Problem (IMO) is not that there's too mutch games... It's that there's too mutch members sign up to be part of the Simlympics. TOO MUTCH.

Slacker wrote:So, consequentially, we're moving the August games to September and therefore the ISC Session to chose the host of the next Simlympics will instead of taking place tonight, we happen in mid July. These extra time will also give bidders a chance to add more info to their bids, or for new cities to submit bids.

:scratch: O.K. But that's not fair to people who just bids even if we had more times. Peter's bid for example is fully complete, so it's very not fair. I may add more with the month you're gaving, but I won't to respect Peter and I hope I won't have to wait the month and that you'll do as mentionned below.

Slacker wrote:Winchester/Roseburgh will still be hosting the 15th ISC Session, and we look forward to seeing you there in a couple of weeks time Smile.

Okay, but if it's Winchester/Roseburgh, why isn't the same for the simlympics bidders. That's not FAIR! It'll be very FAIR, that you annonce the host of the Simlympic "September"/August Games tonight and that you'll have 2 months to prepare it to make the presentation and all even better???

Thanks for your time and understandable Slacker and all the ISC members.

P.S. Sorry if I've been rude or too direct with some people with saying above.

K50 Dude wrote:This is absurd. If I was Wacky I would be going absolutely crazy, because, if you are letting others keep adding on to their bids, Wacky is totally left in the dust here. Until Slacker says the ISC bidders can still go for it (because ComputerGuy also said he was interested in the near future as well, plus, if you are giving us more time, I might go for the real deal this time) like the Simlympic bidders, I don't even want to post the session, because it's just not right.

Again, until he is given a chance, New Chandler will NOT be hosting the ISC session. It's not fair at all.

What has been said on the thread.

Now what Peter said that is a direct rapport on the things but he said it on another thread (Post-it: ISC Session)

Peter wrote:Ok, so I'm fine with the change but there's a couple of things I'm uneasy about

1. More waiting(but thats just me haha)
2. Couldn't you guys have told us this prior to the closing of the bids?
3. I think this gives an unfair advantage to all bidders in a way. We are now able to add things that we didnt have. I think that whatever everyone has on the table now, they should keep.

Another way to justify my third point is an anology of a class taking a test. The teacher says "ok class, times up, im going to collect your test. you can go home." and you know students, when they come home, some like to look up the answers to the questions they stumbled upon on the test. then the next day the teacher says "ok class, here's the same test you took yesterday, im going to let you finish your test if you didnt finish it or change any answers." of course this would be unfair to the students that studied, did their homework and actually worked hard to know the answers the first day. and its unfair how the students who had no clue what the answer to some of the questions now have the ability to add those answers back in or change them, thus bettering their grade.

And with that analogy, I dont mean to offend any of the other bidders. But this is just how I see it. Being in the IB program, I learned to have integrity and postive work ethics.

I really just suggest having the session now, while still having the games in September, so that way the host and ISC has abundant time to prepare and promote the games.

What do you think?????????????
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Switch from 4 games a year to 3 Empty Re: Switch from 4 games a year to 3

Post by emgmod 3rd July 2010, 23:53

I say SimSports should have mad ethe 3 games a year schedule after the August Simlympics were done.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 3rd July 2010, 23:59

I'll go for the change only after the AugustSimlympics.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 4th July 2010, 02:03

Same. I'm really hoping the Tirnreich does good in the next 'lympics. And I dont want to wait haha
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyclone-1001 4th July 2010, 03:46

I think we should go to the actual Olympic schedule, next games are in 2012. [/sarcasm]

It will work better this way, or so I think.
Cyclone-1001
Cyclone-1001
Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4th July 2010, 14:42

I just bid for ISC Season.

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 15th July 2010, 10:39

I agree with 3 games/year!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 15th July 2010, 13:13

I think that the ISC is well within its rights to make this decision. I find blakeways comments to be derisive and offensive, this is outside our unions control guys its not a democracy... its similar to when the 1916,1940, 1944 games were canceled by the IOC.. the bidding countries just had to cop it on the chin and deal with it..
To say to many people sign up to be in the games is delusional !! Isn't it the whole idea(point) of the simlympics to create an event similar in all aspects.. you wouldn't have the IOC saying to the host of 2012 London going oh S*&%T sorry guys too many countries, so you, you, you, you and oh you can't come anymore its just plain ridiculous... Grow up !! just cause you didn't get your way.. Be the bigger man, take it on board and deal with it. Are you a member of the ISC ?? Did you have a say in the decision ?? My guess is NO so let the powers that be.. be.. and just move on with it... IMO
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 15th July 2010, 14:28

I deal with it. But it concern us, since we have a ISC member in our community. Our union started on SimSports, we are most of us part of the simlympics or any other leagues of SimSports, so I don't see why we shouldn't show the current changes of SimSports (Simlympics Games) that concern most of us, to the community and especially to the people who aren't visiting the SimSports Site. How are my comments offensives or derisive? It's not because I thought there were too many members for simlympics that it becomes a verbal offensive attack! I just said what I thought and Slacker agreed. It's becoming boring that 1/2 of the nations participating aren't winning any medals, even if there's PAS. Because there's too much PAS and that's why I think that the ISC need a lot of times to do the games. I accepted that there will be 3 games per year. That's life.

If you need more infos about this than just this thread, please visit this site that has all the updates: http://simsports.darkbb.com/simsports-news-f81/switch-from-4-games-a-year-to-3-t2152.htm
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 15th July 2010, 14:29

You make a good point Jo! I think that the ISC chooses whats for the best interest of the people and the games, whether some like it or not. At least they changed the games back to mid-August. And as for the too many countries. It's not that the ISC doesn't want too many countries. It's just that many people are making depedencies to gain points and medals and there are a lot of countries that signed up, but hasn't been active(turning in their PAS or commenting and whatnot). So that's why we(I used to be in the ISC back then when we made this decision) thought it would be best to just allow the one country per person rule.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 16th July 2010, 07:33

Speaking as the only AIN member currently on the ISC...

Peter wrote:At least they changed the games back to mid-August.
I'm glad my colleagues decided to do that. However, I'm disappointed that the schedule I proposed in the private ISC subforum was ignored and the new schedule was decided on by only a couple of the ISC's eight members. I wanted to keep the Winter Simlympics that had been planned for February 2011 (mainly because I wanted to bid for it Cheeky/Razz) and implement the new schedule thereafter, but my proposal fell on deaf ears.
Peter wrote:And as for the too many countries. It's not that the ISC doesn't want too many countries. It's just that many people are making depedencies to gain points and medals and there are a lot of countries that signed up, but hasn't been active(turning in their PAS or commenting and whatnot). So that's why we(I used to be in the ISC back then when we made this decision) thought it would be best to just allow the one country per person rule.
Actually, dependencies are no longer allowed, so that's not it. The real problem is that people who signed their nations up several Simlympiads ago aren't being at all active in SS; those are the nations that are regularly pruned from the list of participants. All we're really doing is trying to encourage participants to be active in the community.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 16th July 2010, 10:03

I agree with Peter and Blake! Dependencies should not be allowed to participate in the games!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 16th July 2010, 14:41

I used to be active in SimSports but due to my 2 weeks long vacation to Chiang Mai, Thailand back in Dec 09, I stop being active unless any Simlympic events is happening.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th July 2010, 09:31

Dependencies isnt allowed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 17th July 2010, 16:41

No, the Simlympics flat out want one nation and nothing else, unless you want to alternate one nation for the summer and another for the winter games.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down