AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary tutorial

2 posters

Go down

Temporary tutorial Empty Temporary tutorial

Post by Guest 18th July 2010, 12:43

I copy a tutorial from LoN site:

This tutorial is solely for helping you get your nation wiki article started.[/b]

[size=150]Creating your nation's article[/size]
First, type the name of your country in the search box found on the left side of the wiki page. See image below.

Temporary tutorial Searchleagueofnationswi
Fig. 1

If such an article has not been created, a bolded red link will appear at the top of the search results page. Click this to create a page with that title. See the arrow on figure 2.

Temporary tutorial Redlink
Fig. 2

[size=150]Editting your nation's article[/size]
Start your nation's article by filling out the country infobox template. The infobox can be seen on the very right side of figure 3. To obtain the template, go to Template:Infobox Country wiki page.

After creating your infobox, write a brief opening summary of your nation. This summary is to introduce your nation and state its brief history and basic facts. See image below.

Temporary tutorial Infoboxandopening
Fig. 3

[size=150]More tips[/size]
• Divide your article into categories to make finding a specific topic about your nation easier. There are three categories to choose from:

1) Main category: this is for the use of main topics such as history, government, economy, etc. See image below.
The example is created by typing: ==Economy== in wikitext format.

Temporary tutorial Category1l
Fig 4

2) Sub-category: this is to further divide main categories such as periods of history, etc. See image below.
The example is created by typing: ===First and Second Dynasties=== in wikitext format.

Temporary tutorial Category2
Fig. 5

3) Sub-sub-category: this is similar to sub category, only a smaller font. Hardly ever used.

Back to top Go down

Temporary tutorial Empty Re: Temporary tutorial

Post by Peter 18th July 2010, 13:23

thanks Dryan for posting this! I have been meaning to do a tutorial but ive been tied up with rl stuff, ainvision and simlympics, sorry y'all!

If y'all have any turorial requests please give me a PM or post here and I will make one asap Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th July 2010, 14:06

Just a note. The title said it. This tutorial will replaced with a real one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 18th July 2010, 19:33

thanks!
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content