AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monte Calida Province

+18
Gen. Leandro Lima
Sirron kcuhc
SmartbyLaw
woodb3kmaster
Aleks
MiguelLeal
Huston
ForthWall
Evillions
Forsma
Daniel
Spy9600
K50 Dude
Tyler
Sky Guy
Neil
Blakeway4
Thomas
22 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Empty Re: Monte Calida Province

Post by Thomas 6th March 2011, 07:51

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Global-replies

Julien: Thanks for the suggestion, south sounds good.

Dryan: Thank you - Seina is meant to be based on a NG City Journal. West is also a good idea.

Sky Guy: Haha, thanks. You just want to see that building finished, right? Cheeky/Razz

Leandro: Thank you for commenting, I'm pleased that you liked it. I like the new ponds too. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 7th May 2011, 19:56

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-01

Welcome back to Seina, in the Monte Calida province of Cattala. Today we’re going to be looking at a recent development in the east of the town.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-02

In this area of Seina, small streams and rivers navigate their way around, and in some cases under, homes. Here we can see the small pond that was featured last time we were in Seina.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-03

To the south of the development is a small farm, that benefits greatly from co-operation with the local industry. The olives that you see here will spend part of their lives stored in the local warehouses of Seina.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-04

Moving north again, we see construction is ongoing on another development of homes and workplaces. But because of this work, the stream that flows eastwards has been blocked off. Needless to say, local environmentalists have been very angry.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-05

After that brief trip north, we head to the west of the village. Do you remember that concrete structure that was under construction? This is it.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-06

Seina Church now towers over the village, and the statue of the Virgin Mary above it looks towards the west coast of the country, past the newly-built gardens in front of the church.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-07

Here we see my first piece of major editing in a while, I hope it’s not over the top. This shows how the church is a new addition to the town and stands out.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-08

To end with today, I’d like to know what you want to see built here, and whether the stream should be allowed to run it’s course again, or remain blocked up.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent10-09
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc 7th May 2011, 20:42

Looks like you can grow again. Looks great.
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 7th May 2011, 20:45

amazing and beautiful update, my friend. I think maybe an alternative route for the stream...? And whatever building you use, I know it'll be great. Smile
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 7th May 2011, 20:55

Maybe a hotel or something for the tourists who are sure to come? And about the stream, maybe you can divert it underground (i.e., use the stream bridge piece for the entrance to the tunnel) for part of it's route? Smile

Oh, and AMAZING update! I like no, LOVE it!
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th May 2011, 22:02

I kinda love it Cheeky/Razz

the kinda stand for: "I already told you that I prefer big cities rather than regional cjs". Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 7th May 2011, 23:16

Beautiful work. Smile
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 8th May 2011, 05:09

Very nice work Thomas!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th May 2011, 11:26

Thank you all for your comments. It's great to see lots of support for my work. Smile

Sirron: Yep! It's so much easier to get cities to work now... Especially with a semi-natural growth one like Seina.

Sky Guy: Thank you, and that was the idea I initially had. Thank you for having so much faith in me as well. Cheeky/Razz

Daniel: Hmm. I'm not sure a hotel would work, especially a modern style. It would probably look too out of place in this town. And I'm glad you love it.

Julien: Well I haven't done a small town update in a long time, so I thought I needed to do one. Work on Jennai might start... soon. :LOL:

Marsh: Thank you very much for the comment and support. Smile

Dryan: Thanks!
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 8th May 2011, 12:25

Typical, You always seem to outdo yourself Thomas, I just can't say how much I adore Cattala... Smile):
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Empty Update 50: A Change in Daernos

Post by Thomas 21st May 2011, 21:02

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-01

Welcome to Daernos, in Monte Calida province. To celebrate this milestone, we’re looking at how one small Cattalian village has adapted to modern challenges.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-02

Daernos is a village that has flooded over 240 times in the past two centuries, with 40 major floods in past fifty years. Now the provincial Government has been granted a ₴425 million flood defence program, which will allow for the flood defences of dozens of small villages like Daernos to be upgraded.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-03

Before the funding was agreed, the only defence the farms and village had from flooding was a few small trees that had been planted on an abandoned farm 20 years ago. All the farmhouses you can see here were flooded three times in 2009 alone.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-04

Even in the village, the most important road in and out of Daernos was regularly flooded by the unguarded tributaries that feed the Romeggi.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-05

The Daernos Agricultural Association had petitioned the provincial Government for money for twelve years before it was approved. They argued that six villages have been abandoned in the past 25 years as a direct result of flooding.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-06

One of the first improvements made to the flood defences was the construction of a series of artificial dykes along the river. These will protect the farms from flooding until industrial-scale dredging and concrete embankments can be constructed.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-07

Trees have also been planted along the banks of much of the river, to encourage afforestation and to secure the banks from erosion.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-08

Bridges, sluice gates and road upgrades are also being planned for much of the river. An ambitious dual-lane bridge is also planned for the Romeggi, which will relieve congestion across the Ambaccia Bridge.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-09

Thanks to the improved flood defences, Daernos now has it’s own power station, which will provide electricity for the entire village when it comes online next year, after further dykes are constructed.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent11-10

Thank you for viewing Cattala’s 50th update! Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 21st May 2011, 21:57

Once again, the Mediterranean Master outdoes himself with yet another spectacular update! I wish I could do that good... Sad

Oh, and congrats on 50 updates!!! 👍
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 22nd May 2011, 18:57

Again a nice update come from a master hand.. Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 23rd May 2011, 18:15

Huston: Thank you, it's always good to read how much of an impact and influential my work is, even if I don't believe it is myself.

emperordaniel: Thank you, I'm glad you liked it.

Dryan: Thanks again. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 23rd May 2011, 23:23

Very Nice, and Congrats
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 24th July 2011, 16:11

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-01

Welcome back to Seina, in the province of Monte Calida. Today we’re seeing how the village continues to grow and prosper and also a few special images of the village will be shown.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-02

Construction work alongside the main road in Seina had been on going for a while now. Here we see an old image of the early stages of the development, where the first new homes completed were apartments.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-03

Fast forward a few months and the initial community, which is on the right of this image, is now complete and people have begun moving in. The woodland on the other bank of the stream has now been removed and construction is about to begin.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-04

A new farmer has built a lavish home for himself and his family, with views over… the construction site at the moment! Let’s hope the fumes from the trucks don’t kill off his harvest.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-05

And now onto to the special images for this update – my first real night shots of Seina! Here we see the boundary between the new estate and older buildings.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-06

Here we see the new homes that have been built alongside the stream. Now they’ve all been built and nearly all the families have moved in.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-07

To end the night shots, an overview of South Seina at night.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-08

But finally to end the update overall, a glance at much more of Seina in the daytime.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-09
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 24th July 2011, 16:15

Awesome! Except the font Cheeky/Razz Why did you choose C??? AAAAAAAAAAAAAA for the win
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th July 2011, 14:56

Thank you Julien. And you'll be pleased to know that C has now been rolled out across Cattala now! Cheeky/Razz
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 25th July 2011, 18:09

LOL @ Thomas, poor innocent blake Cheeky/Razz
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 16th August 2011, 18:47

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-01-1

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-02-1

Welcome back to the town of Seina, in Monte Calida province. Before we start today’s tour of new areas of the town, let’s look at the local Church at night.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-03-1

The centrepiece to the new area is the Palace of Seina, which is home to the Duke of Monte Calida, currently Prince Paulo Bonnecelli. The palace is one of many owned by the Crown across the province, but this is the principal residence of the Duke.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-04-1

The Palace was still under construction when we last visited the east of Seina, as you can see in the grey image. The river has now been allowed to follow it’s natural course again and a village has been built around the palace.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-05-1

The community of Idrico Arco was built rapidly after the completion of the palace and has continued to expand. Many people wanted to live in an area regarded as affluent and wealthy, and living near such an example of that is a unique opportunity outside of Celeste.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seina-ent12-06-1

The river is the heart of Idrico Arco – it’s name means comes from the Italian for Arch of Water – and links it to the rest of Seina. For the village to be built, bridges had to be constructed and it took large amounts of resources and time to divert the flow of water and assemble the series of bridges on-site.
Below is a mosaic of Seina, looking in a western direction.

Monte Calida Province - Page 4 Seinaent1207

Seina is a different project to all of my others in this journal – it’s not based in a specific time, it just grows. So I hope you liked today’s update.
If you have any suggestions on where to go next - please tell me. I need inspiration. Cheeky/Razz

Last edited by Thomas on 16th August 2011, 18:59; edited 2 times in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 16th August 2011, 18:52

I will commit suicide if you keep getting better ))))) This is great, again you over done yourself!
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 17th August 2011, 05:07

AWWWWWWEEESSSSSSSSSOOOOOOMMMMMEEEEE!!!
REALLY AWWWWESSSOOMMEE!
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 17th August 2011, 12:57

FANTASTIC!!! FINALLY we get to see what was under construction! Laugh Lovely update Thomas 👍
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by cdn94 17th August 2011, 15:00

Looks great!
cdn94
cdn94
Citizen

Back to top Go down