AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 1 - Membership

4 posters

Go down

Day 1 - Membership Empty Day 1 - Membership

Post by Matt 10th February 2009, 16:13

Day 1 - Membership Membership

How do you think we can attract new members ? Where should we search for new members ? How to make this union more popular ? Do we need any requirements for joining ?
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Day 1 - Membership Empty Re: Day 1 - Membership

Post by Guest 10th February 2009, 17:57

As I've said before I belive that the AIN should remain small at most no more than 15 members at this point. We currently have 7 members. I think that is a good start and we should let the members come to us, have someone maybe throw together a signature that we can use on simtropolis and sim sports as advertisement.

Requierments:
A CJ at either Simtropolis or Sim Sports
Must be an active member at either site, we want people who are going to contribute

I think that will be a good start, as I said smaller is better. Smaller union allows us to do things with a higher precentage of involvement which is better

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 10th February 2009, 19:25

I like the idea above. Also we could look at CJ's at simtropolis, and see if a certain country is not with a union, and possibley offer them to join our union.. As for a limit of members 15 is good.. But i would go with 20 as max.. If we got overwhelmed with sign ups i would day allow the union to go beyond 20.. But thats my opnion on that.. We should also make a signature that all of us can use at SimTropolis, SimSports, and ex. Something the same that would link back to the AIN website. So that if interested then can look whats going on here and then decide weather than want to join this union or not. Searching for members is a great idea. Also for the SU, we should possible try sway some of those members towards our union peacefully. Without causing an tension, cause right we really don't need to cause tension between any other unions. :cyclops:
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 10th February 2009, 19:29

We have only 4 active members so it's not too good. I'm thinking of giving +25 points in the games for every recruited member.
So if (example) saathoff brings 2 members, Escambia will recieve 50 more points for the games.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 10th February 2009, 21:58

Sounds like a good idea. That will actually get us out and try our hardest to recruit
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 10th February 2009, 22:18

about the sig, I can make one, and animated too. Sorta like my sig now, except pics of other nations and instead of the nation's name it would be "AIN". Im kinda busy so i dont have time to make anything, but i will get right to it by this weekend Laugh

Also I think that we shouldnt limit the number of people in the union. I know that limiting makes for a more exclusive union, but I think that we should be open for anyone to join. I also think that we should have a membership process in which nations apply and we approve or reject, so they actually work and earn their membership rather than just signing up and becoming a member. Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th February 2009, 00:23

Petrovar Ambassador wrote: I also think that we should have a membership process in which nations apply and we approve or reject, so they actually work and earn their membership rather than just signing up and becoming a member. Laugh

I agree with the above although I am still firmly standing behind less is more. At least until the union becomes well organized and we've been going at it for a while. Then once we have a good group of 15 or so core members to we start branching out and working to get new members.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th February 2009, 03:52

I agree that the number of members should be kept manageable. I think that since this union formed out of SimCity players who are active at SimSports, it makes sense to start recruiting from there first and then check out Simtropolis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 11th February 2009, 09:46

Sorry for replying quite late.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

From my POV, I don't mind having too much or too little members. All I need is a member that can be active most of the time and be engaging all the time, but at the same time, not treating everything seriously. Yes, there may be conflicts between amongst us but we must try our best to treat it just like we are playing a simple game with our friends, do not treat it too seriously. I have heard of quite a number of unions which have members that treat things seriously that the whole union "died", especially the Adrian Union.

That is the thing that I require to allow a member to join in: just to have fun and play along.

Of course, these members must have a CJ on ANY SimCity 4 fansite (e.g. Simtropolis, SC4D, Simpeg, SimSports, etc.).
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 11th February 2009, 11:01

I agree with Aranho. I have seen the horrors of what people taking things seriously has done. Also, let's try not to get too personal on this union. That is what happend to Adrian Union. People got personal and people started to not like each other, conflict and people started backing out of the union. And when the core members leave, the union collapses.

Before I forget, since I dont know what day rules is, lets try and have a rule where the admins need to have a warning system where if they see the first signs of conflict or personal troubles between players, the admins need to control it before it gets out of hand. Maybe there should be a time out or a ban time for members. Like what simtrop does. Like if SimBob from Simland misbehaves and starts saying offensive language to SimAshley, then SimBob should be banned from AIN for a week.

Ok, enough serious talk. This is what I think, what do you guys think? :joker:
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11th February 2009, 20:36

I agree with the above statements that people should take it fun and relaxed. Also I agree that if people begin to take it seriously and get out of line than they should be suspended from the AIN for a period of time. But then the question is "who are the admins?" The core members? The 7 of us that set down these rules? Just the head of the AIN? Do we alternate that head position?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 11th February 2009, 23:31

We will disscuss that on the AIN rules and government day. Idk when that is. Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down