AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP

+5
Blakeway4
Evillions
Thomas
woodb3kmaster
Neil
9 posters

Go down

Should Section Five of the Constitutional Reform be accepted?

Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Vote_lcap100%Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 10 ]
Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Vote_lcap0%Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Vote_lcap0%Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Poll closed

Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Empty Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP

Post by Neil 2nd November 2010, 00:57

[5.0] TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP

[5.1] SOCIAL/AMBASSADORIAL MEMBERS are entitled to participate in most areas of the forum with the exception of the Department of Parliamentary Services, Executive Department, Department for Justice and Events forums (unless given exception by an admin). They may send private messages and view City Notebooks.
[5.2] OBSERVER MEMBERS are entitled to all the privileges detailed in 5.1 as well as the ability to post in any forum (except the senate), state their opinion on new legislation proposed in the legislate, post a City Journal thread in the Observers forum and participate in union events.
[5.3] ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are entitled to all privileges detailed in 5.1 and 5.2 as well as having a vote in the senate, being permitted to speak at union meetings, proposing legislation, having their own sub-forum for their City Journal, voting in union elections, and being able to create and run union events.
[5.4] MEMBER STATES are entitled to all privileges detailed in 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 as well as being able to contribute to union meeting agendas, to veto legislation, to collectively veto Member State applications, to run for a ministerial or executive position in elections and to collectively call an election after a collective vote-of-no-confidence is made to the executive.

DEBATE OPEN FOR 4 DAYS

Last edited by Neil on 15th November 2010, 18:47; edited 4 times in total
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Empty Re: Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP

Post by Blakeway4 2nd November 2010, 13:27

I agree.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP Empty Re: Constitution Review Part 5 of 10 - TERMS OF MEMBERSHIP

Post by woodb3kmaster 2nd November 2010, 15:28

Are the conditions for forfeiture of membership going to be in another section? I think it would make sense to have them here.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 2nd November 2010, 16:47

Resignation/activity will be in the miscellaneous section, this section is exclusively for setting aside the different privledges associated with each type of membership
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 2nd November 2010, 18:49

Neil wrote:[5.4] MEMBER STATES are entitled to all privileges detailed in 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 as well as being able to contribute to union meeting agendas, to vote in union elections, to veto legislation, to collectively veto Member State applications, to run for a ministerial or executive position in elections and to collectively call an election after a collective vote-of-no-confidence is made to the executive.

I disagree with the parts in bold, I think that associate members should be entitled to this as well. They should have the right to vote on matters that affect them and their membership/states.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 4th November 2010, 19:23

Thomas wrote:
Neil wrote:[5.4] MEMBER STATES are entitled to all privileges detailed in 5.1, 5.2 and 5.3 as well as being able to contribute to union meeting agendas, to vote in union elections, to veto legislation, to collectively veto Member State applications, to run for a ministerial or executive position in elections and to collectively call an election after a collective vote-of-no-confidence is made to the executive.

I disagree with the parts in bold, I think that associate members should be entitled to this as well. They should have the right to vote on matters that affect them and their membership/states.

I agree with you at some extent. For instance, Junior Members should be able to contribute at union meeting because they're members just like us. HOWEVER, if they're newly inducted as Junior Members, they should be able to know everyone and how AIN works before having a say in the meeting. Moreover, I rarely took part in meeting and other events because I wanted to know how AIN worked and the members first. Then, I'll take part in events.

I think that Junior Members that are a month old in the union shouldn't be able to contribute in meeting. After that month, they're able to contribute in those meetings.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th November 2010, 19:29

I think that's a very good step that you took, just slowly joining and getting to understand the union. However we will get a wide variety of Junior members - some will look at the union for a while and understand it quite quickly after they join, others will be brand new to the SC4 community and not understand as much as the experienced new junior member. We need to cater for the needs of all of these members.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 5th November 2010, 16:22

The voting bit has been amended.

As for the union agenda - this isnt speaking or debating at a meeting - it is influencing the agenda for them.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 14th November 2010, 04:30

Since this section hasn't had any new posts in a week, is it time to vote on it?
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 14th November 2010, 09:31

I'm still not happy with the fact that Assoc. Members can't vote in elections:
"[5.4] to vote in union elections"
I think both Associate and Members should be allowed to vote in elections.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 14th November 2010, 13:07

I agree with Thomas.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 14th November 2010, 13:44

Right [5.4] will be amended to allow associate members to vote in elections.

As for the contributing to the union agenda - i still think this privledge should be reserved for Member States to encourage 'lobbying' and dialogue between the associate and member states. Associate members can still vote and speak in meetings - just any points they want raised will have to go through a member state first, allowing more control of union meetings to the senior members who are most likely in a cabinet position.
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 14th November 2010, 14:08

I think that's okay now. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 14th November 2010, 14:14

voting open
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 14th November 2010, 14:51

Voted Affirmative
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 15th November 2010, 03:15

Voted.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 15th November 2010, 05:55

voted
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 15th November 2010, 09:50

Voted.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 15th November 2010, 17:27

1 more vote
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen. Leandro Lima 15th November 2010, 18:31

Voted.
Gen. Leandro Lima
Gen. Leandro Lima
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 15th November 2010, 18:33

Clear majority - PASSED
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down