AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UNION 2.0

+7
Kevin
Matt
Liberater444
Forsma
Daniel
JJ
Neil
11 posters

Go down

UNION 2.0 Empty UNION 2.0

Post by Neil 22nd November 2010, 21:43

UNION 2.0 Union210

This Initiative is already in action although I believe the great deal of current reforms should be collated under the one banner. Union 2.0 is essentially a complete overhaul of everything in the Alliance of Independent Nations starting right from the core values of the union right out to our new union logo/flag/anthem even as far as the powers that allow the union to influence sovereign law.

Any big ideas you have for the union should be discussed here...
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

UNION 2.0 Empty Re: UNION 2.0

Post by JJ 22nd November 2010, 22:56

let's change the name..... there's no better fresh start than a new name! oh and lets add a department of pageantry... and we need a girl! But seriously.. let's change the name!
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 22nd November 2010, 23:56

Change the name? To what?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 23rd November 2010, 00:47

United Nations of SimCity? I hadn't thought that far ahead.. I thought maybe we'd put it to a vote.
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 23rd November 2010, 01:01

I don't think a name change would really be feasible. We'd have to change EVERYTHING, including the domain name.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 23rd November 2010, 01:02

it was just an idea... and it's true... there's no better fresh start than a new identity.
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 23rd November 2010, 01:05

I mean... I'm all for dropping the "Independent" and just calling ourselves the Alliance of Nations, but beyond that I don't think it would really work. I do get where you're coming from, though.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 23rd November 2010, 02:08

sharaunque1 wrote:United Nations of SimCity? I hadn't thought that far ahead.. I thought maybe we'd put it to a vote.
There was a SC union using that name so dont use it.
I dont think that a good idea to change the name.
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 23rd November 2010, 04:27

We could call the Union "Tirnreich & Company" haha jk
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 23rd November 2010, 04:37

Uhm, sorry but I totally disagree with this. I mean we can change the flag, we can change the anthem, we can change everything, but changing the name means losing our identity.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 23rd November 2010, 04:44

Keep the name. Its better that way
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 23rd November 2010, 05:43

I agree with the comments in favor of keeping the name the same, especially Matt's statement that "changing the name means losing our identity", since we're well-known by our current name. My thoughts on the proposed names (offered depite my stated opposition to a name change):

As Dryan hinted at, there used to be a union called the United SimCity Nations, so any similar name would just be confusing.
The Alliance of Nations IMO sounds too much like the League of Nations (an offshoot of AIN which got started for similar reasons as COFR 2.0, and with which I was involved for a few months before returning here, for those who don't know), which I'd rather not be reminded of.

I'm all for other revisions to the union, however, especially to the extent to which union law can interfere with national sovereignty.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 23rd November 2010, 10:06

Keeping the name is better.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 23rd November 2010, 23:07

I had thoughts about the current name as "Alliance" in my mind has quite a strong affiliation with "military alliance" but after studying the meanings of "Alliance" and "Independent" I came out with these definitions:
Alliance:
  • an agreement or friendship between two or more parties, made in order to advance common goals and to secure common interests.

Independent:
  • free from external control and constraint; "an independent mind"; "a series of independent judgments"; "fiercely independent individualism"
  • autonomous: (of political bodies) not controlled by outside forces; "an autonomous judiciary"; "a sovereign state"

and for the sake of it.. Nation:
  • a group of people who share culture, ethnicity and language

Thus the Alliance of Independent Nations stands for:
A collection of people with similar interests who are not (directly) influenced by others and have agreed to work together to fulfill common goals.

This phrasing also allows room for 'dependencies' and autonomous states who have de jure (~by law) self governance.
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 24th November 2010, 18:35

I would look to veto a name change. That is completely out of the question for me.

I'm quite happy with the way we are changing at the moment, I doubt it needs anything official to categorise it. Many of the changes are part of the electoral promises, forum reorganisation and basically leaving the first era of the AIN (the first Govt) and moving into the future with a spread of nations and more members central to the union.
I like the erm... dissection of the old flag though. Cheeky/Razz
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum