AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province

+14
cdn94
Gregor
emperordaniel
hiigarar
MiguelLeal
Blakeway4
Sky Guy
Forsma
Liberater444
Huston
Evillions
Edge
Spy9600
Thomas
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Empty Hellas Province and Roumeli Province

Post by Thomas 23rd February 2011, 15:30

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-01

Welcome to Eurellia, a village in Ionia Province.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-02

This is our first visit to this northern province, which consists of two islands, the largest of which is Ionia Island. Eurellia is a small village in the central plains of the island.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-03

Today we're seeing for the first time a natural river. You'll remember that in Calora and Celeste that both of the rivers there have been canalized.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-04

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-05

Local agriculture benefits greatly from this river, which led to vast areas of forest being cut down for farmland over the past 200 years.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-06

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-07

This is the main motorway in Ionia, and runs through most of the towns and villages of the island. It extends from the north of the island right to the centre of the southern city that is named after the island.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Eurellia-ent1-08

Now many of you requested that we go to Calora next, so here's a new shot from Vecchio in the south of Calora. I hope you enjoyed this update.

AIN Members: Let me know what you think of the rocks alongside the river and in the hill, they're a new addition. Please let me know of any improvements and suggestions you have. A lot of the changes that occurred here were thanks to your ideas. Smile

Last edited by Thomas on 4th November 2011, 20:11; edited 2 times in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Empty Re: Hellas Province and Roumeli Province

Post by Spy9600 23rd February 2011, 17:22

That River Is Amazing. :shock:
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Empty Re: Hellas Province and Roumeli Province

Post by Edge 23rd February 2011, 22:00

You really nail the Mediterranean look here; stunning.
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 23rd February 2011, 22:39

Nice improvement! 🙇
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 24th February 2011, 03:57

Wonderful as always Thomas! The river is amazing!!! :shock:
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 24th February 2011, 04:24

Beautiful! This reminds me of the small towns I drove through while in Italy!
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th February 2011, 10:24

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Global-replies

Spy9600: Thanks! I saw it on Stone Creek and it was amazing, so thanks go to the creator of that CJ for inspiring me.

Neal: Grazie mille, sono felice che ti piace. Smile

Evillions: Thank you, it definitely helped getting all the responses from AIN members that helped me build it further.

Huston: Thanks Huston, I'm glad you like it.

Geoff: That's awesome, it's great to know that it's realistic. I guess I'm slightly remembering my trip to Tuscany a couple of years ago when I build Cattala's rural areas. Tuscany is a really beautiful place. Which part of Italy did you go to? Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 26th February 2011, 18:18

Wonderfull work! i like the look of the river!!!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 26th February 2011, 21:45

I love it! the flora and the river are absolutely amazing. Wink
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 26th February 2011, 21:47

Belissimo! Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 23rd April 2011, 13:52

Replies: Thank you Julien, Sky Guy and Dryan.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-01

Welcome to Ionia, the capital town of the Hellas province, in northern Cattala. Today we’re taking a look at ongoing construction in the suburb of Tilia.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-02

Tilia is built around a natural lake that is fed by the same river that flows through Eurellia to the north-east. Tilia Lake is used for pleasure boating and recreation during most months of the year, thanks to it’s warm, plentiful waters.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-03

On the northern shore of the lake, a 5-year construction project is entering it’s final phase. The construction of Tilia Waterfront Hotel has rejuvenated the local economy, and is due to open later this year.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-04

The views from the hotel extend for miles across the island – with splendid views of both the lake and Ionia itself. On clear days you can see past the town harbour and out to the Hellas Strait.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-05

The hotel isn’t the only part of the complex though – luxury apartments and lakeside offices have also been built. Some of the penthouses were sold for over half a million Ainero last year.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-06

To the west of the hotel complex is another major construction site. Western Lake is currently only in it’s first stage of construction, but the three-year long project is expected to expand northwards and will become a sprawling estate of homes and apartments.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-07

Here we see an overview of Western Lake. Flood defences, landscaping and waterfront beautification still need to be completed both in Western Lake and in Tilia Waterfront, ahead of the first residents moving in next month.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Ionia-ent2-08
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 23rd April 2011, 15:08

Wow, nice waterfront! Laugh So you found the buildings you wanted? glad.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 23rd April 2011, 16:46

Wow!!! That is awesome, I am addicted Laugh
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 24th April 2011, 11:07

Thank you Julien and Sky Guy. The buildings featured here aren't the ones I was looking for, since I needed the midrise buildings for Calora's CBD. I've now restarted Calora, so they aren't needed anymore.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 24th April 2011, 11:21

Thomas, sorry but you opened this threat in February and I didn't see it, sorry. This is very great! I really like that apple trees farms, they are very amazing and you gave me an inspiration. I will do something like that but with rice plants.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 24th April 2011, 11:56

Thomas, You make me so mad, it makes me want to obliterate Llithustania! Cheeky/Razz
Seriously, this update is amazing!! Shows the more modernly upscale side of Cattala, something I just haven't seen much off! :cheers:
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 25th April 2011, 03:43

I never seen the modern side of Cattala, so nice!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th May 2011, 17:04

Miguel: Thank you. I'm glad you liked both updates. Smile

Huston: That's exactly what I wanted to get across - Cattala isn't just an old Mickebear country - there are some new developments here.

Dryan: It's good to see that you liked it. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th August 2011, 18:33

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Amano-U1-01

Welcome back to Hellas Province, the northern-most province of Cattala. Today we’re visiting a town downstream from Eurellia – Amano Bridge.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Amano-U1-02

Clearly Amano Bridge has been built on the banks of a river, which once carried coal, wood and other fuels from Ionia to the northern towns and villages of Hellas Island.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Amano-U1-03

However these days, it’s used more recreationally. Strict rules are in place to protect water quality in Hellas, so this river is used for swimming in the summer!

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Amano-U1-04

Amano is still a popular place to live, even though industry and manufacturing left the area decades ago. As you can see here, more dense housing is being built along the shoreline, but planning regulations mean that they have to be built in traditional styles.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Amano-U1-05

As is commonplace in most Cattalian towns, the skyline remains dominated by religious centres. Amano’s 19th-century cathedral was built at the height of it’s wealth, when the town was flourishing and looked likely to become the biggest city in Hellas. This never happened, but the town is still highly regarded in the islands.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Amano-U1-06

Thank you for visiting Cattala today. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th August 2011, 20:28

Lovely update Thomas! As usual Smile
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 4th August 2011, 23:04

I think you entered a new type of journal from great to :shock: One of your best works! Very realistic.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 5th August 2011, 08:34

This is fantastic! Laugh I really wish I could make my city as well as your med-style cities (I don't really do the other styles Cheeky/Razz)
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 5th August 2011, 10:49

Julien: Thanks! Sorry it's not urban again - I'll be getting back to Jennai soon! Smile

Constantine: Thank you again - looking back over this update, it's one of my favourites as well, mainly because it is entirely grown. I've been struggling for months to get any residential growth and I've finally worked out how to generate growth - so none of this update was plopped. Except the two churches. Cheeky/Razz

Daniel: Thank you. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 10th August 2011, 16:41

Really looks great!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th November 2011, 20:18

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-01

Welcome to Roumeli Province, in the far south-east of Cattala. This is a brand new province that we haven’t explored before, so I hope you enjoy it.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-02

Roumeli is a completely separate island to Cattala, and has developed quite differently. Guila is quite a dense city compared to other regions, but also has many newer buildings and developments mixed in with the old.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-03

However much of the town remains old and here we can see the town’s central square and it’s original station from on top of the city’s cathedral.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-04

As I said earlier, parts of Guila are modern and recently developed. This apartment complex was very controversial as it was built in the historic centre of the city in the 1970s. Despite this, it has remained and is seen as another part of the city now, not a sore thumb.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-05

Parts of old Guila were once a monastery, and the Chiesa Theatre was a central part of the religious order’s community. It’s now become a theatre and restaurant.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-06

The hub of the city is it’s canal front commercial areas, including the central plaza featured here. The town’s main shops are based here, and on a summer evening the canal and shops are buzzing with people seeking refuge from the heat and swimming in the canal is commonplace.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-07

Here’s an overview of the old town centre, including the railway line, some of the shops and the edge of the theatre. This update is dedicated to my old friend and Roumeli’s original creator DC. If there’s anywhere else that you would like to go please post a request and we’ll go there.

Hellas Province and Roumeli Province Guila-ent01-08
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next