AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances

+10
MiguelLeal
hiigarar
JJ
woodb3kmaster
Daniel
Jo
Kevin
Thomas
Blakeway4
Spy9600
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should this proposal be approved?

VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Vote_lcap100%VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 13 ]
VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Vote_lcap0%VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Vote_lcap0%VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Empty VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances

Post by Spy9600 26th March 2011, 01:53

VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances MFA%20Logo
Goal: Allow Minor Unions and Alliances that would massively improve roleplay, and increase AIN's weight on decisions taken in Summits, for example.
Concepts:
VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Proposal%20-%20AIN%20UN

Approving this would basically result in allowing members to create their own regional blocs, making roleplays and news much more integrated and diverse, and so improving and making roleplay easier and cleaner...

Also, this Set/System would create conditions for certain agreements and would bring definetively AIN Departments and Ministries to the Roleplay. We would now assume that JJ, The Minister for MCAS is from Ascadylea, for example.

We can only advance in this concept once you ask/state what you think of it until now...

What do you say?
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Empty Re: VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances

Post by Blakeway4 26th March 2011, 02:32

I agree with this proposal. Great idea Spy Smile Glad you posted it!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances Empty Re: VOTING | Resolution on International Associations, Blocs and Alliances

Post by Thomas 26th March 2011, 11:25

I agree with this proposal. I think the EDA is a great starting bloc for a pan-European association. We could, if this works, make each of the regions a bloc: eg: Europe becomes European Association, or whatever the name would be.

This has great potential.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 26th March 2011, 11:35

I think this is a great idea Smile
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 26th March 2011, 15:05

I like the idea behind this..
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 27th March 2011, 03:14

Hmmm.... sceptical.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 27th March 2011, 04:27

So am I. I can easily see blocs going to war with each other if we're not careful about how they can interact. I'm also doubtful about how the blocs would affect roleplay (what effect does the EDA have on it, for example?).
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 27th March 2011, 05:57

we kinda have this already... but this will roll it out union wide... me-likey!
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 27th March 2011, 10:20

The EDA hasn't been used to it's full potential yet, and is mainly a defence group, which means it's only really useful in warfare. These blocs and alliances will cover economics, defence, regional legislature and much more, and obviously have more potential than the EDA does.

And having entire blocs going to war is a) unimaginative, b) overused and c) unrealistic - how many times did NATO and the Warsaw Pact actually have battles? It was mostly diplomatic conflicts and spats.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 27th March 2011, 13:35

I still don't like it.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 27th March 2011, 13:59

Well... Why don;t you like it, Daniel? There has to be a reason why
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 27th March 2011, 14:11

I like it, Hiigaran Confederacy has created an alliance to counter EDA and can be a great potentiol for role-play conflicts/
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 27th March 2011, 14:28

Wars?
Nanananana no.
1. Minor Blocs would firstly be avaliated by the MFA to recognize or not its roleplaying potential.
2. Minor Blocs could open a series of other events and updates, like 'EDA' Music Contest, or the 'XBloc' Festival of Gastronomy or the 'YSummit', or the 'ZRegional Games'
3. EDA didn't have *that* effects on roleplays because we don't know what we can and what we cannot do in these alliances. The way it is the only thing we can do is Military-Related blocs, of mutual defense or somekind of military cooperation. This could group nations of similar cultures into many festivals, contests, joint crisis updates (Like YBloc Countries to face economic problems') - which would even encourage new types of updates.
4. Not all of the blocs need to be as integrated as EU. You would be free to create Economic/Civil only Blocs Like MercoSouth and NAFTA.

It is easier for AIN to have wars among members the way it is now - Limiting them to Military Alliances - than with this new resolution.

AIN does not prevent Military Alliances. Why can't we allow Cultural, Economic and Civic Blocs too? Why can't we have AIN to go to a higher level so that it can be really present in all levels? And also, with the Security Conceal, wars could be disapproved by AIN. Consequeces for disobeying AIN with non-sense and unrealistic wars could go from heavy Alliance-Level sanctions to downgrading of Membership Status or Bans for GodModding.

EDIT:
Basically, depending on the complexity of the Bloc, they would need to Apply to be recognized into AIN-Defined Tolerance levels.
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 27th March 2011, 15:18

Well, In a first seeing it looks like an extremely planned and very good idea.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 27th March 2011, 15:23

Can't countries just do this anyway? Why do we all need to agree that it should happen? If you want to form an economic bloc with someone, go right ahead. Just don't expect Arcacia to join in.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 27th March 2011, 15:34

No Daniel, we are agreeing that it can happen, and how it is tolerable by AIN. Im not allowing blocs like "ECMBDOC Economic Civil and Military Bloc to Destroy Other Countries" (After Africville, I expect everything.). This will let everybody else know what are the possibilities and what is acceptable or not by AIN. If you don't want your country to enter any blocs, fine, but many other members see this as a potential form of integration and roleplay, and so here I am trying to organize the way such blocs and communities would work to avoid random-created or uncapable divisions from being created.
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 27th March 2011, 22:38

The person who thought of war at first just didn't get what is all behind it... You violent people Wink --> I understand it better now Spy. thnx
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 29th March 2011, 05:36

Pretty nice idea Spy!
I would seeking forward to see the Asian Bloc... Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 7th May 2011, 15:17

So?...
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 7th May 2011, 15:57

As Arcacia doesn't seem to want to be part in this and maybe LCO, I guess it can be adopted by the nations that will sign it below? 'Cause a poll will be confusing.

Syldavia will sign this resolution/treaty/act.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 7th May 2011, 16:07

I will support this all the way and help set it up - if particular nations don't want to be involved, then obviously they don't have to and the region that they are in will lose out on a member. If the entire region (North America, for example) don't want to be part of a bloc, then there won't be a bloc there.

Cattala will sign this resolution.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 7th May 2011, 19:29

I would support this idea.

Karasem would sign this.
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 8th May 2011, 03:45

Now that it's been better explained, I'm OK with the idea.

Lower Columbia agrees to sign this resolution.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th May 2011, 11:17

Since we seem to have support, I will open voting on this new union policy.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 8th May 2011, 14:56

The Federal Republic of Corraile has agreed to be a signatory of this resolution.
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next