AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VOTING | Amendments to Observership

+10
Gen. Leandro Lima
Blakeway4
Thomas
Aranho
Edge
woodb3kmaster
Daniel
Forsma
Kevin
Neil
14 posters

Go down

Amend our current system of Observership

VOTING | Amendments to Observership Vote_lcap45%VOTING | Amendments to Observership Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]
VOTING | Amendments to Observership Vote_lcap9%VOTING | Amendments to Observership Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 1 ]
VOTING | Amendments to Observership Vote_lcap45%VOTING | Amendments to Observership Vote_rcap 45% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

VOTING | Amendments to Observership Empty VOTING | Amendments to Observership

Post by Neil 19th May 2011, 12:35

In light of our recent shedding of members, a tightening of membership standards is required.

I propose the following idea discussed by admins, to go straight to vote:

[1] Observership is no longer open to new members other than current members downgrading to it, under the Fluid Membership Scheme.
[2] As of 21/05/2011, all new members will have to apply for associate membership and be subject to our quality requirements.
[3] Current members with Observership are unaffected, but the union recommends a move towards applying for Associate Membership.
[4] Associate or Member States may downgrade their membership to Observer in light of a future period of inactivity exceeding 3 weeks, through a private request to any admin under the Fluid membership Scheme.
[5] Admins will also retain the power to downgrade any membership to Observership in response to a Member Checkpoint or if a member has been inactive without prior notification for more than a month.

Voting is open for 48hrs (until Saturday 21/05/2011 1100 GMT)

Last edited by Thomas on 22nd May 2011, 19:23; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added poll)
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

VOTING | Amendments to Observership Empty Re: VOTING | Amendments to Observership

Post by Kevin 19th May 2011, 13:05

Its all good and proper, but I don't see why we should not allow people to join as observers. Are you worried that they may not have our union interests at heart? Or is this meant to prevent "espionage"?
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

VOTING | Amendments to Observership Empty Re: VOTING | Amendments to Observership

Post by Forsma 19th May 2011, 16:46

Idk with the idea to disallow observatory membership....
how if the observership only open for other union members?
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 19th May 2011, 17:26

I agree with the proposal.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 19th May 2011, 17:43

Forgot to add a poll.

The reason for this is mainly because we have been very relaxed about letting observers into the union. This will ensure that all our official members are of a good quality and will contribute to having more active members who understand how the union works and encourage full participation.

The trouble with observers is that there are few requirements and an often too liberal approach about activity and allegiance with other unions, this is not a huge problem until we begin to lose observers to other unions, mainly down to the fact that they are associated with both unions and it becomes a AIN vs [other union] scenario.

I know this may seem quite a controlling measure, but it does not affect any liberties of current members (of any type of membership) and will actually encourage new members to become more involved with the AIN and strive for a better quality of CJ as they have to fulfill the checklist requirements for Associate membership.

Neil
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 19th May 2011, 20:00

Voted.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Edge 19th May 2011, 20:11

Yes, yes, good idea!
Edge
Edge
Chargé d'Affaires

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 19th May 2011, 20:19

Just wondering, being an observer myself, if this get passed, it means I am recommended to be an Associate Member if I happen to be inactive?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 19th May 2011, 20:23

This won't affect your member status because you're part of Fluid Membership.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 19th May 2011, 22:06

I abstained, I have totally no opinion about this. I can't get a position between No and Yes. So.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen. Leandro Lima 19th May 2011, 22:38

I Abstained
Gen. Leandro Lima
Gen. Leandro Lima
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sirron kcuhc 19th May 2011, 22:47

Abstained.
Sirron kcuhc
Mayor

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 20th May 2011, 02:32

abstained
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 20th May 2011, 08:35

I didn't know about the fluid membership system until I search about it. Nice.

If I get to vote for this amendment, I'll abstain because, yes, it is a good move to improve membership, but I am not entirely sure on how serious this issue is.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 20th May 2011, 09:19

yes
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 20th May 2011, 14:39

Abstained. No opinion. Although this is bad because we will not accept other union members as observers or any quality of member.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 20th May 2011, 17:13

With 11 votes cast, and a majority of them supporting this measure, I hereby declare this amendment passed.

Observership as a form of membership is hereby cancelled and observership of this union is now only open to members who are participating in the Fluid Membership Scheme.
We encourage all current observers to apply for Membership.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down