AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid

+5
MiguelLeal
will
woodb3kmaster
emperordaniel
emgmod
9 posters

Go down

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid Empty Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid

Post by emgmod 14th June 2011, 09:34

So far, only the logo has been designed. Stay tuned for more!

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid 1daloawhite

Last edited by emgmod on 15th June 2011, 18:00; edited 2 times in total
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid Empty Re: Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid

Post by emgmod 14th June 2011, 09:34

Daloa, Illu'a's third largest city, will try to prove its worth by hosting the AIN Expo 2011.

First off, I would like to say "Welcome to Daloa!"

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-1
The Daloa skyline at night. Sorry guys, no world record tall buildings or giant 24/7 video screens here.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-2
We have never been about that since our founding in 1707, our rapid growth after the 1898 Treaty of Daloa, and even as we bid for the AIN Expo. This picture is of Downtown Daloa immediately after the treaty was signed.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-3
Instead, we strive to create a harmony with the city and the nature surrounding it. A 15 minute drive west from Downtown Daloa brings us to the Urban Development Boundary. All development beyond agriculture cannot go beyond this boundary without going through a long, bureaucratic process.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-4
At the western end of the border, there is the Abbot National Park. Known for rich wildlife and recreational opportunities close to Daloa, all visitors to the Expo can experience the natural beauty of Illu'a.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-5
Within the city, there's more fun. First Avenue, the most famous fashion area in Illu'a, is located in Downtown.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-9
The Lilastad is one of the older districts in the city, known for a large variety of cultures and the famous Daloa Hot Dog, wrapped in deep fried bacon, and topped with gravy and bread crumbs.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-10
Of course there's Downtown, serving the droves of commuters and businessmen that populate Daloa.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-11
Going farther north, there is the small town spirit of towns like Cambridge.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-12
For those that really like education, the Lordside-Illu'a National Laboratory and Museum is near Cambridge, researching scientific breakthroughs since 1949.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-6
Businesses and stores work through the night.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-7
The Daloa Waterfront in the early morning. Here, merchants and store owners are preparing for locals and tourists alike.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D1-8
In the meantime, students at Daloa University are preparing for classes.

Last edited by emgmod on 27th June 2011, 23:32; edited 3 times in total
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 14th June 2011, 09:35

In Daloa, there are a variety of hotels guests can book. For the sake of convenience, I will show you our best hotels in the city.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D2-1
This is a render of the Crown Hotel, slated to be complete by the time the Expo starts. It is the only beachfront hotel within five kilometers of the Expo.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D2-2
The Hotel Pondside is a newly built hotel showcasing a retreat to nature within the city. A variety of trees from local forests have been planted within the hotel-owned park. Inside the building is a gym, a restaurant above a large aquarium, and a small greenhouse where hotel exclusive fruits and vegetables are grown. Right across the street is the site of the Expo (to be revealed soon)

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D2-3
For those who don't really care about the free park with the hotel, there is the Comlax by Daloa Station. The Comax (building with the helipad) is the best hotel in Daloa for people on the go. With the fastest hotel broadband in any Daloa hotel, complimentary travel lounges and massages, and convenient transportation access, many come out of the Comax better then when they came in. About a kilometer away from the Expo, this hotel can be easily reached by taxi or Light Rail.

Last edited by emgmod on 20th June 2011, 08:37; edited 1 time in total
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

From the Hotel Pondside picture, you could catch a glimpse of the Expo grounds. But here, for the first time, is a picture of the full expo grounds!

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D3-1
The Expo grounds are going to be built over an underutilized part of inner Daloa. The site used to contain decaying industry and a freeway interchange. For the Expo, the freeway has been routed underground. All Expo pavilions will be built on the stretches of grass. This open design ensures free creativity when nations decide on their pavilion buildings.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D3-2
At the center of the Expo grounds is the Norman Noblax Center. The Noblax will be a major landmark, gathering place, and event center. For the Expo, taxis and designated shuttle buses will drop off visitors right at the Noblax.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D3-3
This building will house up to four of the Expo pavilions (one of them being Illu'a). All other pavilions will be built by their respective countries on the stretches of grass.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D3-5
With the Daloa Expo Grounds, we took great care to ensure as much integration with the city as possible. This Expo is for the citizens of Daloa as much as it is for the representatives of other nations. And it's not like there's a rule that the Expo site needs to have a moat around it.

Last edited by emgmod on 27th June 2011, 20:51; edited 4 times in total
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

I'm sure that many of you are wondering how a city the size of Daloa is going to handle a traffic problem the size of the AIN Expo. Trust me, we have that covered.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-1
Daloa Henry Edwards International Airport is the main airport for Daloa and a secondary airport for Colbitz. The airport is able to easily handle 900 plane movements a day.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-2
In order to handle the increase in flights, a new International Terminal was built with 10 widebody gates.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-5

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-6
In addition to the new terminal, the cargo area of the airport has been greatly expanded. All cargo will be loaded and unloaded swiftly and without harm.

If the airport goes over capacity, the Illu'a freight network can transfer freight smoothly from three other areas in Illu'a.
Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid Expo

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-3
There are two possible ways to get from the airport to the Expo by mass transit. One way is to take the first completed segment of Illu'a High Speed Rail from the airport to Daloa Station (the one to the right). From there, it is a couple short stops to the Expo. The other way to get to the Expo is to take the X40 bus and transfer to the NDT Silver Line. This is the slower, cheaper option.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid Ndta
Expo traffic is planned in Daloa to maximize the use of mass transit. There are six designated places to Park and Ride. If you want to avoid the hassles of Expo traffic, you can park your car at a Park+Ride, then take light rail all the way to the Expo. Trains will run 24/7 with headways as small as three minutes during the Expo.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-7
Even with all the transit options out there, some visitors still might want to drive around the city. While not an automobile paradise, Daloa still has a major freeway going through it. The IL30 goes directly from Henry Edwards Airport to Downtown.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-8
The first route into Daloa is the Ted Kelley Memorial Bridge. It leads directly into Downtown Daloa.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-9
The second route goes across the Ashcroft City Bridge, which leads to off-ramps underneath the Expo Grounds.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D4-4
If you are arriving by tour bus, taxi, or want to drive all the way to the Expo, the main automobile entrance is on the east side. Tour buses and private vehicles park in the upper area of this picture, where they are then shuttled to the Norman Noblax Center. Special taxis can directly access the Norman Noblax Center.

Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid D3-4
If your feet are tired of walking around the Expo, there is a frequent, reliable tram service within the boundaries of the Expo Grounds.

Last edited by emgmod on 28th June 2011, 19:35; edited 8 times in total
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 16th June 2011, 21:32

And now presenting, Illu'a President Edward Pitt:

Hello. I am Edward Pitt, President of Illu'a. As you already know, we are five days away from deciding the city that will hose the 2011 AIN Expo. I would like to say on the behalf of Illu'a that we are eager to welcome the many nations of the AIN to Daloa. Out of all of Illu'a, there is no better city to host the Expo than Daloa.
Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid C0-1

I live in Colbitz, and I have to admit I love it there. But I was born and raised in Daloa for over 35 years, and I know personally the spirit throughout the city. It's a city of bold goals and big dreams, a city that thrives on creativity, a city that shows what is possible in the world.
Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid C0-2

In Daloa, the old and new are blended flawlessly together, making a city that is unique in every way. Millions of people go in and out of the city every year not only for what's at the center, but also for the vast expanses of nature that are part of Daloa's lifestyle. Daloa is already the greenest city in Illu'a, with over 40% of all power generated by renewable sources. We have planned the Expo to be near the city center, accessible from almost everywhere in the city by mass transit.
Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid C0-3

Everyone in our nation, from the small towns to the federal government, is committed to the success of this Expo. The City of Daloa, the Province of Abbot, both houses of Congress, thousands of volunteers from all over the nation, and myself, all support this bid. Illu'a supports this bid.
Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid C0-4

Illu'ans know that if you reach high enough, you can do anything. If you choose Daloa for the Expo, I will promise you that Daloa will make the AIN proud. Thank you.
Daloa, Illu'a Expo Bid C0-5

Last edited by emgmod on 26th June 2011, 11:08; edited 1 time in total
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 16th June 2011, 22:25

wow, this looks real good so far! Smile
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 17th June 2011, 03:46

*likes this*
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 17th June 2011, 03:52

well its the most done bid yet so I say you've got a pretty good chance Cheeky/Razz Its really good and I think tha Illu has a strong chance at winning any bid it places Smile

Will
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 20th June 2011, 08:38

Part 2 of 4 done. Please comment!
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 20th June 2011, 10:03

Very cool! Of the three hotels, Pondside sounds the best to me... what is the price for a 7-day stay? Cheeky/Razz
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 20th June 2011, 10:29

Amazing, I really like the first hotel!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 21st June 2011, 18:59

I'm a fans of bid like this. I think Illu'a should host this. Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 22nd June 2011, 04:27

Updated Part 3/4. Please comment, as usual!
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 22nd June 2011, 08:53

very good, Laugh although I think you could connect those park paths to the stadium path, don't you think? (hint: use the T-piece) Wink
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 22nd June 2011, 13:24

It is really good, but I think you should plant some trees or put some attractions in that big grass areas!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 23rd June 2011, 22:15

Finally completely updated. Please comment!
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 23rd June 2011, 23:10

one word:

Spoiler:

Last edited by emperordaniel on 23rd June 2011, 23:50; edited 1 time in total
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 23rd June 2011, 23:14

Looks fantastic! It's a well-presented, thorough bid. There's nothing I'd add to it.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 26th June 2011, 11:08

I added a small surprise for you guys. Laugh
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 26th June 2011, 12:08

It's nice to see extremely close competition for once Laugh it's either AF or Illu'a, IMO from now
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 26th June 2011, 12:26

I really like this Dan A-M-A-Z-I-N-G as per usual!
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th June 2011, 16:17

I hope that whichever one of you wins, that you put this much effort into making sure the Expo is as fantastic as the bidding stage has been.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down