AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay

+4
Huston
ForthWall
hiigarar
SGJason
8 posters

Go down

Should the Duchy of Giant Bay become a member of the AIN?

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Vote_lcap15%Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Vote_lcap85%Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Vote_rcap 85% 
[ 11 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Empty Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay

Post by SGJason 9th August 2011, 16:14

Application for DUCHY OF GIANT BAY to join the Alliance of Independent Nations

First, I’m sorry for my English. I’m bad, I know, but I’m French too LOL

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Nomn

National Flag:

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Drapeaugiantbay2005auj

National Coat of Arm:

Old National Coat of Arm, the new is identical excepts for letters "VLS" and "CGSL":
Spoiler:

Political and Linguistic Map:
Spoiler:

Map of Road and Cities: (sorry, the Quenya's Cities are translate in French... Map in English forthcoming Wink
Spoiler:

National Fact File:

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): The Duchy of Giant Bay
Nation Name (Native Form): Giant Bay
National Anthem: None (Current project)
National Motto: Nation of Dreams and Cultures (or in French Nation de Rêves et de Cultures)

Capital: Giant Bay City (or "Giant Bay Agglomération" in French)
Government: Constitutional Monarchy (The Duke has no power, the Chief of State and Government is the Prime Minister)
Head(s) of State: David Kasaoui (since January 1st, 2009) [Conservative Party]
Official Language(s): English, French, Quenya
Population: Between 950k and 1,050k inhabitant
Area: 28,051 km²
Climate: Hot and Humid
GDP ($ - Per Capita): 41.2 Mds $ in 2010 ; 32.000$ per capita
HDI: 0.89 (High ; Old Methodology ; 40th)
Drives on the: Right
Internet TLD: .gb
Telephone Code: +240
Money: Giant Bay's Ecu (or in French "Écu Giant Bayer") [EGB] (1 EGB = 200 CFA ; 1 EGB = 0.3049 € ; 1 EGB ~ 0.43 $)

History:

Here is a simplified chronology. I haven't time at now for translate all history and his details Wink

Spoiler:

PICTURES:

Only pictures of "Giant Bay City"; two others cities under construction in Sim City 4 actually:

Spoiler:

OTHER INFORMATION:

Actual Composition of the Government:

Spoiler:

Actual Composition of Parliament:

Spoiler:

Constitution of Country (since January 1th, 2005):

Spoiler:

Anecdote:

Spoiler:

Last edited by SGJason on 12th August 2011, 18:02; edited 1 time in total
SGJason
SGJason
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay

Post by hiigarar 9th August 2011, 17:20

Wonderful nation, i love it and the location is great! )))
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Duchy of Giant Bay

Post by ForthWall 9th August 2011, 17:26

Great App ~!
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 10th August 2011, 06:38

I can definitely see you being in the AIN!! Laugh Amazing Nation!
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by SGJason 12th August 2011, 18:03

I added 2 new pictures to go beyond the limit of 10 pictures Wink
SGJason
SGJason
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 12th August 2011, 18:26

COLOR CODING:

Green means you have completed this to a good standard and no improvements are required to progress
Orange means you have completed this to a reasonable standard but this will need to be improved on if you become an associate member. (in other words, this must turn green before applying for member state)
Red means this has been completed to a poor standard and will need to be improved before your application can progress
Bolded black means that this has not been included in your application and therefore you will need to provide evidence before your application can progress. In the secondary list, you will only have to provide evidence if you have not provided four other greens/oranges.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - All must be green

A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style

A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation

The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

SUPPLEMENTARY REQUIREMENTS - At least 4 must be green

A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees

Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

COMMENTS:

I like it, it certainly has potential and other members are very supportive of the application. I'm confident that you will become an active member of our community and therefore voting is now open.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 13th August 2011, 11:10

Looks great! I hope if your application pass, you will be an active member Smile .

I vote yes.
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 13th August 2011, 11:32

You need at least 10 "Yes" votes to become a member. That means at least 5 more votes needed. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 13th August 2011, 14:28

I have a few reservations: Firstly, the national map seems to be that of Equatorial Guinea. The region view is San Francisco.

Also, how many duchies are there in Africa?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by SGJason 13th August 2011, 15:13

Daniel wrote:I have a few reservations: Firstly, the national map seems to be that of Equatorial Guinea. The region view is San Francisco.

Also, how many duchies are there in Africa?

Yes, the location is better for me because I can use real information such as natural resources or sporting events for example. To the view region, this is explained by the fact when I started my city, in July 2008, I had absolutely no download... (but the other cities of Duchy have a original map, don't worry for you Wink )

To conclude, yes, it's a Duchy. And it's a very long story^^ First, when my city was in Simland, the story was: "The city is a Duchy of France" (She calls at beginning "Saint-Jean -le-Duc" (Sir-John-the-Duke)). But in Mars of this year, I left Simland. So, I write a new history but I kept "Duchy". Officially, it's a Duchy because the first Duke was a chief-military and Nazi (or fascist), and he controlled the country as Chief of Army (the Duchies are territory controlled by the military in Europe during Middle-Age). So, he creates a "Duchy of Giant Bay" where he has a total control his country Wink

---

And I thank people who they voted Yes, thank you very much Wink
SGJason
SGJason
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 14th August 2011, 00:12

OK, then - yes from me.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 14th August 2011, 22:08

Nicely done and welcome to AIN!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by SGJason 14th August 2011, 23:23

Associate Member - 90%
Member State - 10%
No - 0%

Thanks everybody, I hope not to disappoint you Wink
SGJason
SGJason
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 15th August 2011, 10:25

Welcome to the AIN. Smile
I'll add your country to the forums in a bit. You will be under the "Atlantic and Africa" heading. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 16th August 2011, 20:35

Now it is Official: Welcome to our family! Wink Best wishes
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 17th August 2011, 05:08

CONGRATULATIONS!! Hope you do well and stay active within the union!
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by SGJason 17th August 2011, 13:14

Thanks everybody Wink

The forum created for my country is under construction for week :ain:
SGJason
SGJason
Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 18th August 2011, 15:15

Welcome to AIN! I hope you become an active member!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum