AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debate | Do we keep the AINERO?

+8
Thomas
Kevin
MiguelLeal
Evillions
emgmod
SmartbyLaw
ForthWall
Blakeway4
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Debate | Do we keep the AINERO? - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate | Do we keep the AINERO?

Post by Jo 12th October 2011, 05:22

I like luug idea.. I think it's time for the AIN to go down the monetary union path. It might simplify things..
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Debate | Do we keep the AINERO? - Page 2 Empty Re: Debate | Do we keep the AINERO?

Post by ForthWall 12th October 2011, 06:24

Stock Exchange :O

Oh noes you didn't
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 12th October 2011, 12:22

lol @ Forth
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 12th October 2011, 18:22

http://www.aoin.eu/t4732-thomas-minister-for-innovation-trade-and-investment#57464

Yes, I did. The stock exchange has been planned for a while. Smile

Let's see where we go with this. I think I would like to appoint a Monetary Commissioner who would deal with the AINERO and any future monetary union. Personally I think regional ones would be a very good idea. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 12th October 2011, 20:58

Based on the CJ Sections? or blocs?
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 12th October 2011, 21:51

Regional currencies? pffff no way with Shush. Wink
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 13th October 2011, 00:18

Speechless oh I am not doing this, with Syldavia Wink
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 13th October 2011, 23:35

At least there is a new stock exchange instead of using the AINERO currency. Smile
-------------------
Now there is some economic competition between the member states instead of being restricted to the AINERO.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 14th October 2011, 00:35

So is this on hold?
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 18th October 2011, 20:16

Evillions wrote:At least there is a new stock exchange instead of using the AINERO currency. Smile
-------------------
Now there is some economic competition between the member states instead of being restricted to the AINERO.
The AINERO is not supposed to restrict trade, but to make it easier!

Wikipedia:
The most obvious benefit of adopting a single currency is to remove the cost of exchanging currency, theoretically allowing businesses and individuals to consummate previously unprofitable trades. For consumers, banks in the eurozone must charge the same for intra-member cross-border transactions as purely domestic transactions for electronic payments (e.g., credit cards, debit cards and cash machine withdrawals).
The absence of distinct currencies also removes exchange rate risks. The risk of unanticipated exchange rate movement has always added an additional risk or uncertainty for companies or individuals that invest or trade outside their own currency zones. Companies that hedge against this risk will no longer need to shoulder this additional cost. This is particularly important for countries whose currencies had traditionally fluctuated a great deal, particularly the Mediterranean nations.

Another effect of the common European currency is that differences in prices – in particular in price levels – should decrease because of the 'law of one price'. Differences in prices can trigger arbitrage, i.e. speculative trade in a commodity across borders purely to exploit the price differential. Therefore, prices on commonly traded goods are likely to converge, causing inflation in some regions and deflation in others during the transition. Some evidence of this has been observed in specific eurozone markets. (For example many Finns buy their cars from Germany directly)

The consensus from the studies of the effect of the introduction of the euro is that it has increased trade within the eurozone by 5% to 10%. On the lower bound, one study suggested an increase of 3%. A recent study estimates this effect to be between 9 and 14%. Nevertheless, a recent meta-analysis of all available studies suggests that the prevalence of positive estimates is caused by publication bias and that the underlying effect may be negligible.

Additionally a study suggests that the introduction of the euro has had a positive effect on the amount of tourist travel within the EMU, with an increase of 6.5%

• No exchange risk between countries
  • Price level stabilisation (increased competition with domestic and foreign companies)
  • Increased trade and tourism due to easier money transactions

I guess if we want to make this AINERO a working currency at least in some level, it'll take more time to set rules of its usage and purpose.
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum