AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels"

+2
Matt
Peter
6 posters

Go down

My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels" Empty My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels"

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 18:11

This is my idea on how we should separate the powers within the AIN. I'm against making everyone equal and this is my idea to a hierarchy. It's open to suggestions and modifications.

Matt
Members:
Matt
Answers to:
All active AIN members
Powers:
Matt has the final say on everything below him but if he comes up with an idea he needs approval from the AIN. But not just approval he needs unanimous approval. Say for instance:

Matt wants to initiate a new law that says that all AIN members must post in green on Tuesdays. All AIN members wil vote on this issue in the boards, and all must vote NO or the motion passes. Matt being the founder makes him the guy and he should have some authority as such.

Matt has the power to assign Admins without an AIN wide vote. He can also fire or replace admins as he sees fit. He can not be replaced as the head of the union unless he resigns.

Admins
Members:
Peter
Nate
Answers to:
Matt
Powers:
They run the boards and keep it going, strong they have the power to delete or modify posts. Admins can come up with new rule ideas and new government positions and only need Matt's approval to get these things passed. Admins are appointed by Matt with approval of the AIN and like court justices have the position for life unless they are removed from office or resign.

AIN Court
Members:
TBD
Answer to:
No One
Powers:
The AIN Court has the power to make AIN rules, ban members and take away government or Admin spots. But in terms of ideas they really have no say. If a Government official wants to make the green writing on a Wednesday, it then goes to the admins and then Matt. The Court has no say even if it's members think green writing should be on Sunday. Also AIN court members can't sue, or get involved with any conflicts including wars. If Matt or the Admins feel that a court member is not doing there job they can start a no confidence vote against the Member in which the entire AIN must vote. If 51% or more say that the justice is not doing a good job they are removed from the court. Court positions are for life, Removal or resignation.

Government officials
Members
All Government department heads
Answers to
Admins & then Matt
Powers
Government members have direct control over there departments and only the admins and Matt can tell them to add or remove something within that department. Other than that Government officials are regular members they can get involved with what ever floats there boat, they can sue other members in the AIN court if they have an issue and they act as regular members.

Government Officials hold office for half a year. Since we've already passed the half way point the government officials that are appointed will have the position until January 1st 2010. A government official can not run for the same job back to back terms but can run for another office at the end of each term.
Senior Members
Members
All Members who pass a test on Union History and Rules cane be Senior Members. Must have been a member for 2 months.
Answers to
Government Officials, Admins & Matt
Powers
They have say over Junior members really and are the back bone of the union. Only Senior members and up can host summits. There ideas must be approved by the government official that oversee's what they're asking, then the admins then Matt.

Junior Members
Members
Any new full time member under 2 months or who has not taken the senior members test.
Answers to
Senior Members, Government Officials, Admins & Matt
Powers
Really not too much, you can host sporting events and take part of the union just as any other member would but you can't get a lot done. You have to get approval for any ideas by the Senior Members, then the Government officials, then the Admins and finally an OK from Matt. This is a good start out level learn things about the union and to get your feet wet with Union procedure.

Ambassador
Members
Any none AIN member
Answers to
Can not initiate new ideas within the union
Powers
They can not vote on Union votes, attend summits, take part in union sporting or entertainment events. Ambassadors are here for 2 reasons, 1: They're from other Unions and wish to help relations between the two unions and keep communication open. 2: They're perspective members who want to check out the AIN.

Suspended
Members
Any member who breaks an AIN rule must be approved by AIN court
Answers to
Can not initiate things while suspended.
Powers
You're locked out of the boards until your suspension is over. Parole? Possible still open to discussion once the AIN court is set up.

Banned
Members
Any member who was banned by the AIN courts with approval from the Admins and Matt.
Answers to
Can not even see the boards
Powers
Account is locked for as many days as possible. Permanent removal no Parole

Last edited by Saathoff on 14th July 2009, 22:43; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed Admin powers and Added the last paragraph in Matt's)

Back to top Go down

My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels" Empty Re: My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels"

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 18:15

Clauses to this:

The AIN history test:
Just a 20 question quiz in which to be a senior member you must get 70% on, all current members will by pass this test. The quiz will include questions about summits, member countries history and AIN rules. Open 'book'.

Government officials:
I think to be fair, Admins and Court members can not be Government officials. So the officials that are now doubling would give up there spots as Government officials.

Admins:
There must be 2 admins

Back to top Go down

My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels" Empty Re: My Idea on Seperation of Powers and "levels"

Post by Peter 14th July 2009, 18:31

hmmmm...I agree with most of your ideas dljrfn Smile The test idea is genious.

But I do see some trouble in the future with this one:

Dljrfn2000 wrote:.....they have the power to delete or modify posts. But in order to do that they must get an OK from Matt. If Matt says no...

Im not exactly in favor of this. I mean yea, we should inform y'all of what we will do in terms of the union structure(moving, deleting, modifying) like we do in Admin Updates in the Government Section. But if the admins have to record everything that we do on a daily basis such as moving a thread, modifying a post, deleting a post...will be quite a hassle and will take ages.

Like for example, say I wanted to create a subforum under AIN News named "Spring 2009" where I'll put obsolete posts to organize the forums, do I seriously have to wait for permission from Matt or the union before doing so?

Or like if union tension occurs. Do I have to get permission to modify a post? LOL by that time, things could get outta hand.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 20:01

I see your point and I'll change that. The only thing is we don't want to even appear to give you guys too much power. Not that I feel either of you would even dream of abusing it (nor would I expect Matt to). But if it appears that the admins and Matt have too much power then it could upset someone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 14th July 2009, 20:02

The test idea is amazing. But no, Peter is right. The admins don't need my approval.

Last edited by Matt on 14th July 2009, 21:21; edited 1 time in total
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 20:09

Made 2 changes, removed the approval for the admins and reworded it and added one more under Matt.

I think we need a unanimous vote for this to pass. If people want changes please tell me and if you think it's good also tell me. Once we are in 100% agreement this will go into effect?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 20:11

I also added a term length for Government officials

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 14th July 2009, 20:56

i don't like any of it sorry.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 14th July 2009, 21:19

I dont like it. Only part i see good about this union test to be a member. thats really really smart
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th July 2009, 23:47

I'm sorry but I don't agree with it. I don't like the idea of a hierarchy, a simple democratic system with unanimous checks and balances should do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 15th July 2009, 00:38

I agree with both Saathoff and Orchid
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th July 2009, 03:14

ok so what do u guys suggest?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 15th July 2009, 03:37

not a hierarchy. we like democracy.
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th July 2009, 03:42

LOL well like what's ur idea on democracy?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th July 2009, 11:24

for me, i too prefer democracy, although you idea, dljrfn, is good.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 25th September 2009, 02:07

Moved this to the debate chamber 👍

Now that I think about this, I like how there's a hierarchy, but maybe the roles can be tweaked. I like how there's an ambassador member, junior members, senior(maybe renamed to full?) members. But I don't like how the "powers" description is written.

Maybe the ambassadors will have limited powers? Like the ambassadors will be the current non-members who can't see the private topics and can't vote on stuff. Then the junior members are the regular members who participate unconsistently in the union, but they have access to AIN like that of regular current ain members(private forums). Like juniors can vote. I say we rid of senior members and replace that with full members. Full members are fully committed members who are active, allowed to vote and also allowed to see private forums.

So basically:
Ambassador- Non-Members of AIN that are just lurking around
Junior Members- Members that are new, or not as active or committed.
Full Members- Members that are active and committed.

And there won't be a usergroup for matt, admins, government officials because that would seem rather dictator-type-ish, no?

As for government officials, I dont think we need a separate group for them because they don't get any more special privileges than that of a full member. Maybe if we do pass this proposition with the tweaks, we can rid of the administrator color thingy and replace that with ambassador, full member and junior member instead.

I see a lot of potential into this idea, and with a couple of tweaks, we can make this work Smile
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th September 2009, 04:14

Honestly, now that Giaus is gone we all seem to get along (yes I'm aware that rhymes again it's midnight... I'm tired)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 25th September 2009, 04:14

^I say no need for separation of powers everyone pulls there own weight every one does there own thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 25th September 2009, 11:29

hmmm....I don't think we should have a separation of powers, but maybe just levels?

Ambassador- Non-Members of AIN that are just lurking around
Junior Members- Members that are new, or not as active or committed.
Full Members- Members that are active and committed.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 25th September 2009, 11:42

I agree with it. Maybe we can get more members this way.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 25th September 2009, 14:35

I agree with the idea.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 25th September 2009, 21:32

yea i like the levels idea
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 26th September 2009, 17:25

Dljrfn2000 wrote:Junior Members
Members
Any new full time member under 2 months or who has not taken the senior members test.
Answers to
Senior Members, Government Officials, Admins & Matt
Powers
Really not too much, you can host sporting events and take part of the union just as any other member would but you can't get a lot done. You have to get approval for any ideas by the Senior Members, then the Government officials, then the Admins and finally an OK from Matt. This is a good start out level learn things about the union and to get your feet wet with Union procedure.

I dont really like the idea of haveing to wait two months, i think the admins should deciede when you are ready to become a senior membor
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 26th September 2009, 17:56

yeah i dont like it very much either. I say if ya wanted to do this. and have junior members. They should be able to take a Senior Member test as soon as they want. Cause we could have a devoted new member but we wouldnt do much cuz his limits then, he wont wanna be part of union. Unless we give him an option to take the senior test as soon they wont so they can contribute
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum