AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A joint concert between AIN and COFR?

4 posters

Go down

A joint concert between AIN and COFR? Empty A joint concert between AIN and COFR?

Post by Aranho 14th August 2009, 15:53

You have probably heard about Typhoon Morakot causing damage in Taiwan, the Philippines and China. Then there's also the tsunami that race across the Matocka Ocean of the Fornax Republic.

In both of the natural disaster in our galaxy, millions of people had died, many more are feared missing and billions of dollars of damages to infrastructure have been made. Millions are also made homeless as they lost their belongings and homes.

Now, this is a chance for us, the two of the most active unions (COFR and AIN), to help to provide aid to the affected people and help our own mankind.

This concert, titled "A Concert for the Victims of Typhoon Morakot and Fornax Republic Tsunami", will be a joint-concert between COFR and AIN and will be held tentatively in Rafforsia. It will also be broadcast live in every television set worldwide and galaxywide. Money collected from the ticket purchases and the donations received through phone call, SMS or internet will be send to the victims of the Typhoon Morakot and the Fornax Republic Tsunami.

Now, in order for this to happen, we need the support from the members of COFR and AIN. If you are in favor or not in favor of this joint-concert between COFR and AIN, please reply below. If a majority are in favor of this joint concert, further details will be provided.

Also, should the joint concert be approved by both unions, it will also be a promotional testbed for COFR's liveCOFR Concert in December 2009 and AIN's Green Dove Concert in the end of 2009.

Infomation of Typhoon Morakot
Formed in August 2 1000km away from the east of the Philippines and dissipated in August 11 over China, Typhoon Morakot is the deadliest typhoon to ever impact the island of Taiwan in recorded history. The typhoon affected the Philippines, Taiwan and China. As of August 14, 529 have died with more than 10700 feared missing. Damages from the storm amounted to at least US$1.4 billion in mainland China. In Taiwan, the storm caused more than US$209 million in agricultural damages. Property losses in Taiwan has been amounted to US$1.5 billion.

For more infomation, please go to this article in Wikipedia.

Infomation of Fornax Republic Tsunami
Caused by the 9.2 undersea earthquake, a tsunami generated by the quake raced across the Matocka Ocean and crashed onto densely populated coastline. Fornax Republic is an empire of the Fornax Sector of the Milky Way, having the planet, Fornax, as their homeland. The tsunami had killed 5.8 million from over a dozen countries, with another 143 million feared missing. Capital cities and important coastal towns had been badly damaged, along with millions of household. A total of US$285 billion of damages of infrastructure has been reported.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

A joint concert between AIN and COFR? Empty Re: A joint concert between AIN and COFR?

Post by Peter 14th August 2009, 21:33

I like the idea 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

A joint concert between AIN and COFR? Empty Re: A joint concert between AIN and COFR?

Post by Saathoff 15th August 2009, 02:13

me too! Laugh
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th August 2009, 09:07

Great!

Now, we have 1 Yes from COFR and 2 Yes from AIN.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th August 2009, 15:07

make it 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th August 2009, 16:35

Great!

Responses are good over at AIN, but at COFR, inactiveness has led to only 2 responses, and it's not good.

3 Yes from AIN
1 Yes from COFR
1 No from COFR
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 17th August 2009, 16:27

2 people from COFR has voted, but it's not good.

So we have...
3 Yes in AIN
2 Yes in COFR
3 No in COFR

And the 3 No from COFR are the Chancellor, the First Minister and the Head of Cabinet.

Therefore, the joint-concert will be a union-alone event.

Now, one big question. Will this be a COFR event or an AIN event? Most likely it will be an AIN event though.

Final decision is be made by me because I'm the organizer of this concert.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th August 2009, 19:18

Aranho wrote:2 people from COFR has voted, but it's not good.

So we have...
3 Yes in AIN
2 Yes in COFR
3 No in COFR

And the 3 No from COFR are the Chancellor, the First Minister and the Head of Cabinet.

Therefore, the joint-concert will be a union-alone event.

Now, one big question. Will this be a COFR event or an AIN event? Most likely it will be an AIN event though.

Final decision is be made by me because I'm the organizer of this concert.

My big question is why? An occasional joint activity will not immerse the AIN in the COFR... from what I've seen the AIN is a far stronger union than the SCJU was and the co-op involvement will not hurt either union.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 18th August 2009, 07:14

However, the Chancellor, the First Minister and the Head of Cabinet see AIN as a union that is below their standards.

In addition, the three of them gave the same reason of "we don't want to have a joint event with a union below our standards."

These comments are said by them, not me.

In any case, the three of them will not agree to have a joint concert, or any inter-union activities, with us AIN yet. Maybe in future when they decided that AIN is up to their standards, but not now.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 18th August 2009, 12:40

If y'all dont mind, I change my vote to a no, having talked to one of those three.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 18th August 2009, 13:30

Oh okay. The joint-concert proposal has now been scrapped by the way and the main discussion is this: should this benefit concert (it's different from liveCOFR and Green Dove Concert) be an AIN event or a COFR event?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th August 2009, 14:35

after hearing that comment I vote no as well and I change my vote to no on an inter union relations. For that matter I no longer wish to apply my nation to the COFR. (and do what Aranho does doubling up but keeping my Simlympic ties here)

Frankly the comments of the COFR were insulting. "Not being up to there standards?" really?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 18th August 2009, 14:52

Well, that's what the three of them said. What type of standards, I don't know.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 18th August 2009, 15:07

Well....I can only assume that by that they mean that our union is inferior by terms of our forum structure, and our member population. But I really hope that they mean something else completely nicer, but regardless, we AIN members would not go that low to insult our fellow sim city players. :brush:
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 18th August 2009, 15:08

And to answer your question Aran, I think that this event should go to COFR. Clearly they need all the donations they can get and we dont, so I think that COFR deserves it.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 18th August 2009, 15:23

So you are trying to say that AIN doesn't have sufficient money to donate to the people in need?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 18th August 2009, 15:44

haha no aran. Im saying that COFR doesnt want AIN helping those in need in COFR countries clearly as they said no.

But dont we already have Live AIN to help those in need in AIN nations? Im getting confused...
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 18th August 2009, 16:39

Erm. The affected countrie sof Typhoon Morakot are real world countries (Philippines, Taiwan and China).

Fornax Republic is not part of any union. It is not even a member of COFR. So this benefit concert can be an AIN event.

Anyway, I don't wish AIN to have one month of inactivity so this concert could cover up as one of the activities. I've been planning this to be an AIN event in the first place until a joint-concert came into my mind.

And yes, we do have a Live AIN (Green Dove Concert in fact). Is just that this benefit concert could provide as a platform for advertising for the Green Dove Concert. Maybe this concert could be a concert series of the main Green Dove Concert (just like the cancelled small-scale Live Earth India 2008), in which it is part of the Live Earth Concert franchise). Smile
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JacobS. 19th August 2009, 02:43

Let's keep it strictly AIN. I've got a nice little lineup of songs incase I win the bid anyway Smile
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 19th August 2009, 09:33

Okay. It sounds like some people are confused.

This benefit concert, tentatively titled "Green Dove's liveHope - A Concert for the Victims of Typhoon Morakot and Fornax Republic Tsunami", is a concert part of the AIN's Green Dove Concert. The main Gren Dove Concert will be happening way after liveHope.

Dates have not been confirmed.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum