AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim

4 posters

Go down

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim Empty Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 00:52

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim AINExpo

AIN Expo

So, the summer expo was cancelled due to scheduling issues of our host country, Escambia. The AIN Expo is an innovative and unique event to sim city where our member nations would show off their cities, which also results in hands-on participation of our fellow members. The expo has been moved to sometime in the fall. Escambia will still be the host country. But that was not the main reason why the expo failed to commence. The preparation season prior to the scheduled opening ceremony was received with low interest and activity. This event has a huge potential to be a huge successful event that will be the envy of all sim city unions.

What month should we have the expo? Will you be committed to participating during the expo?

Green Dove Concert Series

This is a wonderful charity concert series that will air for 24 hours around the world. We have yet to figure out which countries will be hosting the concert. We also need to come up with a cohesive template to use on our concerts, as well as the date of the concert, the causes our profits will go to and such.

When should we do the concert series?

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim GoldenDoveAwards

Golden Dove Awards

So basically, the Golden Dove Awards will be like the Oscars or the Emmys, except we vote on anything pertaining to AIN, from members to countries of AIN. We will have polls ranging from best funniest person, the most creative person, best CJ, person who is most likely an athlete in real life, best country, person likely to get lost in an island, and so on. Bidding date is yet to announced and the winner will host the awards night.

Will you be participating once the voting season starts? Do you think this is a good idea? When should we have it?

Simlympics

AIN was founded on the basis of the Simlympics: simsports. It’s about time that this union be represented in a whole new way: by hosting a future Simlympics. The AIN expo in the fall will help us fix our cities and countries and prepare us for bids in not only the Simlympics, but other events. Being on par with other unions such as the SCJU and COFR not only requires a wonderful community of members, but its countries as well. We need to work together so that our dream of hosting the games will come true.

Will you be bidding for a future simlympic games? Have you participated or signed up for the next Simlympics, held in Leah, PI?

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim Day3

Last edited by Peter on 17th September 2009, 22:59; edited 1 time in total
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim Empty Re: Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 01:01

I beleve we should do it in Novemer (thanksgiving break???)
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim Empty Re: Day 3: AIN Expo, Green Dove Concert, Golden Dove Awards, Sim

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 01:02

which event? Cheeky/Razz
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 01:04

sorry,the expo
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 01:12

I know this is not for today, or even at all, but i think its important, anyways, has anybody looked at the memberlist lately, and seen how many users haven't logged on since febuary or march (and why is gaius baltar still on there, cant matt delete hi or something???). I think AIN really needs to clean up its member list.
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 02:16

aleksfacco wrote:I know this is not for today, or even at all, but i think its important, anyways, has anybody looked at the memberlist lately, and seen how many users haven't logged on since febuary or march (and why is gaius baltar still on there, cant matt delete hi or something???). I think AIN really needs to clean up its member list.

I see where you're coming from, but I think its a bit rude removing people, even if they just signed up and didnt contribute. Who knows, they might be potential members.....but its prolly unlikely.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 02:21

maybe we could just "take them up of" the members section
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 02:38

hmmm....well the memberlist is the entire roster of the union site's registered members. If you want to see the accepted AIN members, here's the link: http://aoin.eu/groupcp.forum?g=3
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 02:42

yes, i know, but to anyone who hasnt been to ain before, that list makes us seem alot bigger then we are (active member wise) ((also, what about gaius))
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 02:43

adding to that, haveing a huge union isnt necissaily a good thing. one of the reasons i joined ain was because of its small size.
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 02:49

Size: I think that we should have a medium size member population, like maybe one or two more from the number of members we have now. But the problem is, half of the registered members in AIN are actually members and about half of the actual members are actually active in AIN at the moment. Which gives us a dilemma of removing a couple to make way for more members. But we can vote on whether or not to remove some members that are way inactive.

Gaius: I think that he hasn't caused any trouble, so let's just let his status be. But if y'all want we can remove him, but again like I said, its rude to just remove people's registration.

But we will definitely vote on whether or not to remove inactive members' registration membership.

Now onto the topics of the day, what else do you guys have to say about the said topics in the first post?
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 02:54

AIN Expo. Should prolly be sometime in the fall, maybe November or December, just to give people time to prepare. The Expo is a hand on activity meaning the host aint the only one presenting Smile

Green Dove. We don't have anything planned for next month and this should be short, so why not have it next month, October? Also, as for the template, I'll get working on a couple of designs and see what you guys think. Then I'll release .xcf and .psd formats. But again, anyone is free to make and suggest templates!

Golden Dove. I think its a great idea. We should prolly have it in December, so that we have time to vote on people and countries Cheeky/Razz

Simlympics. Chihiro will be bidding for the summer 2010 games, so hopefully we can bring the games to AIN. I have been working on the new city and the new bid since January 2009. So far, Lafayette is the other only confirmed summer 2010 potential bidder.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 03:05

Aleksania will subit bid for AIN Expo ву next week.

Aleks Facco
Алеск Факко
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 03:07

***NOTE: The bid will be placed under THE REPUBLIC OF ALEKSANIA'S CITY JOURNEL.***
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 03:17

Aleks, sorry, but the host has been determined a couple of months ago. You see, the expo was supposed to happen July 2009 hosted by Escambia, but Nate was busy and so we decided to postpone it and instead we replaced the expo with the miss ain competition. Escambia is still the host, but in the summit, I'm asking when's the convenient time for everyone to be in the expo since it will be requiring participation from the members.

So I'm really sorry, but you can definitely bid to host next year's expo!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 12th September 2009, 04:26

AIN Expo. I say November or december too. Also it'd be nice if people would tell if they will actually particpate. Its boring when no one comments at all in a important event. Kinda like the AINC. No one comments. I hate to say this but we are the worst union at commenting on stuff. Every on other unions site where SCAA takes place they average 3-8 comments on my results post. We average less than one comment....

Green Dove.
October for sure Smile

Golden Dove. Agreed with Peter Laugh

Simlympics. Cap-Allee and Cap-Pele are joint bidding together for the winter simlympics in January. Smile Escambia will prolly make a future bid for the summer simlympics. And Ceara Islands most likely will have a bid in Late 2010.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 13:08

I agree 500%. I notice how people are on, but they dont make a single post or comment just to show they signed on. We need to discuss how to make this union active. I mean this summit helped bring people back to active mode, but we need the rest of the union site to be active.

Today we'll discuss forum activeness and stuff.

As for the expo, we really need everyone's participation to help make this a great event!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th September 2009, 15:12

AIN Expo: When ever Nate wants to have it I'm fine.

Golden Dove:
I like December that's a good idea, and it makes sense, we can have it sort of as a review of the year so make it a multi day event ending on December 31st.

Green Dove:
I see this sort of falling to the same thing as the AINVission, just sort of it's a useless activity. Maybe we could think about perhaps making it an actual fundraiser for something, either a charity of some sort or maybe we can send some as a donation to Simtropolis.

Simlympics:
I'm thinking about a Winter Bid. I'll have more info the closer we get.

AINC:
This is partially my fault as commissioner, I really failed on scheduling the other sports and for other things. By the next season I promise the AINC will be fully functional if it isn't I'll step down as the commissioner.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 12th September 2009, 16:09

$@& it
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 12th September 2009, 17:22

LOL what??? 🤣
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 12th September 2009, 20:01

This might be lengthy, especially on the Green Dove Concert Series.

In General:
My activity status might go down as I'm on my final 6 weeks before my GCE O Levels National Exam, which will span across 2 months of October and November. After the second half of November, PLAYTIME! XD In other words, I will most likely to host any events from mid-November onwards.

AIN Expo:
I'm fine with Nate hosting it.

Golden Dove:
Dunno why but I am excited for this event.

Green Dove Concert Series:
Since I'm like the main organizer for this, here's what I've planned. The A Song 4 Hope concert (and freak! I just remembered that it's today!) is actually a main-testbed for all future concerts. What I meant is that the Song 4 Hope concert will test out how the concert will be "broadcast live" on the forums. After the concert, the layout and planning will be modified to make sure that the future [main] Green Dove Concert is a success and possible future concerts in AIN. Song 4 Hope and Green Dove Concert are fundraising concerts: Song 4 Hope is to help victims of Typhoon Morakot and Fornax Republic Tsunami; Green Dove's fundraising reason is yet to be determined.

Simlympics:
Once the Fornax Republic/Miegan Republic/Unggoy Federation (these are space nations) becomes a member of AIN, it might bid for the Simlympics in future (hint: Rafforsia will be a bye bye in future Wink)
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down