AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is/are your country's languages and tell about them

2 posters

Go down

What is/are your country's languages and tell about them Empty What is/are your country's languages and tell about them

Post by JacobS. 9th April 2009, 20:20

I'm sure you're all getting tired of these, right?

Tell about your language - how to say it in other common languages in your country, some statistics, grammar rules, alphabets, history... etcetera.

Kalnobia's languages are Kalnobian, Vaitu and Lithuanian. Here is what they are called in their brother languages:
In Kalnobian - Kalnobian: Kalnobsku Vermaad or Kalnobsku Jeziq. Vaitu: Vaitu Jeziq. Lithuanian: Lijetuvshkai Vermaad
In Vaitu - Kalnobian: Kalnobes Vermade, Vaitu: Vaijt Vermade, Lithuanian: Litsuv'l Vermade
In Lithuanian - Kalnobian: Kalnobų Kalba, Vaitu: Vaitas Kalba, Lithuanian: Lietuvškai Kalba

All three languages are written in a latin script.
Kalnobian adds the letters ū, č, š, đ, ř, ts, tz, sz, ž, and rarely ẳ. ū is pronounced /oo/. č, š, ř and ž are pronounced as the standard letter with a succeeding /h/, as in /ch/ or /zh/. đ is pronounced as /dzh/. ts, tz and sz are pronounced just as they are written. ẳ, which occurs primarily in the Kalnob language is written in substitution for "ayčeša", which is a very uncommon prefix used in writing to denote a dark tone.
Vaitu adds no letters.

Kalnobian was formed in the 1400s after the migration. The Migrational (Croatian) and Vaitu languages had many differences and were far from mutual understanding. Linguists Vlademir Perotvic and Chedris Tsevets as well as a team of interpreters worked to develop the new language by combining Croatian and Vaitu languages as well as including some Lithuanian.
Vaitu and Lithuanian originated as tribal languages and modernized over the years.

Kalnobian is the most widely spoken language in Kalnobia. Lithuanian is the most widely spoken language in the world that is majorly spoken in Kalnobia, however. Kalnobian has about 1,862,000 speakers, Vaitu at about 126,000 and Lithuanian with 456,000 (in Kalnobia).

In Kalnobian Grammar, certain things require an adjective to be stated. This can be both formal and informal. The most common example is talking about countries, where, if you read another one of my posts, you'll know that informally, Estonia, for example, would be A'eesti Tarvlasla (Estonian Republic in English), but formally it would be A'eestiaska. Direct adjectives, such as saying "The blue hat" (Skrybele u Plavo) require the noun to come before the adjective and the word "u" (of) to be put in it, thus making it "The hat of blue". Indirect adjectives, such as "What hat is blue" (Sto skrybele je plavo?) or "My blue hat" (Moj skrybelaij plavo) do not require this. There are some words, such as Lijetuvshkai (Lithuanian), which are not required to use specialized symbols for certain sounds. Usually, these words are borrowed and transliterated in to the Kalnobian dialect.

Tell me about your languages - even the real life ones
JacobS.
JacobS.
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

What is/are your country's languages and tell about them Empty Re: What is/are your country's languages and tell about them

Post by Ingo the First 9th April 2009, 20:44

In Galliar, now, we have 4 official languages.

The former three: German, French, English.

Since Stratus is a Gallian region, Kahael is the fourth official language.

Kahael has the same sentence structure and pronunciation than French.

The Old Kahael was written / pronounce like that:

To pronounce the "r" you have to roll them with your tongue.

A = A
Ä = ä
Ae = é
B = b
ß = eu
Ch = k
D = d
E = e
F = f
G = Gu
H = j (spanish)
I = i
J = j
K = k
L = l
M = m
N = n
O = o
Þ = ou
P = p
Ph = f
R = r
Rr = a long r
S = s
Sh = ch
T = t
U = u
V = v
W = vou
X = ks
*Ж ou ø = gs
Y = y
Z = z
д = è
π = ê

The nowadays Kahael is pronounced like that:

A = A
Ä = ä
Ae = é
B = b
ß = eu
Ch = k
D = d
E = e
F = f
G = Gu
H = j (spanish)
I = i
J = j
K = k
L = l
M = m
N = n
O = o
Ou = u
P = p
Ph = f
R = r
Rr = a long r
S = s
Sch = ch
T = t
U = ou (like in you)
V = v
W = v
X = ks
*Ж ou ø = gs
Y = y
Z = z

Here an exemple of Kahael:

Alda, tiss a lu xemss ulo ßl touomo Kahael. Iza touomo a detae lapidz ßl fènd ulo Stratus harri poly col, sand ßl pyyt warenu ulo ßl Bog ulo Hudson. Your 2009, Stratus wourilasschar gonev ulo ßl Kaizêtsch Galliar.

Hello, this is an exemple of Kahael language. This language is spoken in the region of Stratus since many centuries, on the East side of Hudson Bay. In 2009, Stratus is in the Gallian Empire.
Ingo the First
Ingo the First
Town Clerk

Male

Back to top Go down