AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AINExpo

4 posters

Go down

AINExpo Empty AINExpo

Post by Peter 14th May 2009, 21:26

My idea is to have a competition of the nations. It's like the world's fair aka the modern EXPO. Basically, there's the host country, then countries will setup "pavillions" or stations where they exhibit their country. I was thinking we could do that.

As pavillions or stations, nations talk about their nation in a thread(maybe one country per day). Things such as infrastructure, economy, places of interest, downtowns, food, culture, palaces, government buildings and other things. We then reply by giving postive and negative critiques. Like "I think that adding custom buildings add more realism," "Petrova can really use a lot of BATs from STEX" or "Wow, that highway looks fantastic!" or "Maybe we can custom lot that to make the green more cohesive." (Of course, no offensive language) Then at the end of the expo, we vote on the best country. Of course, countries can't vote for themselves. I'm nost sure if the actual real world EXPO votes on the best nation, but that's something I was thinking about.

The EXPO would be a perfect event that will help spice up AIN as well as give AIN that healthy competition resulting in improvement of countries. I got this idea as I was looking around most of the unions. I noticed that our countries have some major work to do, city-wise. I noticed that most countries in SCJU and COFR look stunning(of course, AIN nations look great as well). I wanted to do some program or tournament in AIN where we can help our fellow countries to look better than those of COFR, SCJU, etc by giving friendly advice....Also, I was like, I need a way for people to tell me what my country looks like for real. Is it good or does it need work? And I thought, why not EXPO? What could AIN do as an event that will beautify and improve nations and eventually help in winning bids such as the simlympics and AIN Games and Ainvision?? EXPO!

lols. Enough of my brainstorm. What do y'all think? Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

AINExpo Empty Re: AINExpo

Post by Ingo the First 14th May 2009, 22:53

I agree, but no competition. Just to show things of your country.
Ingo the First
Ingo the First
Town Clerk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 15th May 2009, 01:02

i love the idea! Laugh
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th May 2009, 02:34

I like the competition idea, a little healthy competition maybe good for growth of our nations. Maybe do a suburb competition, or a union view competition, a down town competition, etc. So not only can we show off our great nations but it will give us some incentive to build up our cities. And who ever wins the most gets to host. I know that's what sparked the build up of my city was the simlympic bid.

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 15th May 2009, 02:44

I love this whole idea.. I can prolly make tents for it Smile ive been experimenting with BATing a festival tent
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 15th May 2009, 04:24

Okay idk if any of you will be okay with this. But would be all right for Escambia City, URE to hold the first AIN Expo? i got bored tonight and made some things if i was able to hold it.. Id love the hold the first one, and the winners or whatever can i hold from then on.

Example of the AIN Outside Tent for like festival of some sort during the Expo

AINExpo Tent

Heres the SIIHF Tent were using for the World Hockey Tournament this month

AINExpo Tent2

Tents i could make each countrys flag on the tarp part of it. So you'd all have your own tents at the Expo. These tents can also be in High resoultion if you had a high res flag now do to Zoom 5 HD mode in BAT

Heres the logo:

AINExpo 69572896

An Example of a booth number sign:

AINExpo Expotentcopy
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th May 2009, 10:56

I love the idea of AINExpo! And I'm fine with any nations hosting the first AINExpo, as long it is not Raffore Islands due to the nations bidding for another Game (an COFR sports event).
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ingo the First 15th May 2009, 14:40

Very nice, I'll join the expo!
Ingo the First
Ingo the First
Town Clerk

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 15th May 2009, 21:24

Ok, seems like everyone likes the idea Smile

hmmmh.....if Matt approves, I will go on ahead and setup the AIN Expo forum so that we can get started. I see no problem in Escambia hosting, unless there's another country interested. (It's the end of the year and I have a ton of exams to study for, so Petrova can't host).

And nice logo nate! As for the date...maybe we should expand the time. I noticed that most of our union events tend to be short and we have periods of inactivity. Maybe we can do the expo for two weeks? Other than that, great ideas guys!
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 16th May 2009, 05:25

Sounds good Smile The dates were just for show.. I had no idea how long it should truly be
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 16th May 2009, 06:24

Btw guys, did you know that, if the AINExpo starts on June 1st, it will be my birthday and Independence Day for Raffore Islands? Laugh

So maybe we could make the first day of the AINExpo special should it begins on June 1st?
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 17th May 2009, 02:45

I like the idea Smile that would bring extra hype to the Expo
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 17th May 2009, 13:04

Guys.....how about we make this a July event? Since the AIN games are in june....we might not want to have two events in the same month and then nothing planned for july or august....
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 17th May 2009, 14:03

I'm fine with anything actually, but as long the AIN Games doens't get shifted to July (cuz Raffore Islands is also bidding for an union sports event in July).
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down