AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Final Stages

+2
Blakeway4
Neil
6 posters

Go down

The Final Stages Empty The Final Stages

Post by Neil 12th December 2010, 14:25

12th December - 18th December - Miscellaneous Section Proposals and Voting
18th December - Final Voting on Miscellaneous Section 24 hour vote via a simple majority
18th -22nd December - Final Review and Last Chance to Amend - done via skype, a timetable will be drawn up for each section and users must be there to vote or amend any section they have ideas on
24th December - Ratification

-------

Section 7.0 has been removed from the constitution and will be adressed via a separate Class A bill coming in the new year

-----

SECTION 8 - MISCELLANEOUS

Please post any additional laws you want included in the constitution below for debate, this can cover anything at all within reason as well as things that cover a variety of sections and therefore cannot be included in a single section.

Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

The Final Stages Empty Re: The Final Stages

Post by Blakeway4 12th December 2010, 15:05

I don't know about you guys, but death by lethal injection seem the only way to kill a sentenced. What are the other "legal" ways, according to the constitution?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 12th December 2010, 21:50

Provisions for amending the constitution would be a good idea. We should aim to make this the last constitution we ever write for AIN, but not without leaving the door open for whatever amendments people think up in the future. Here's my proposed section:

[8.1]Amendments to this Constitution may be brought before the Legislative Assembly by any three member states for its consideration.
[8.11]An amendment must receive a two-thirds majority of "Yes" votes in the Senate within a seven-day period to be ratified. Any amendment which does not receive such a majority within seven days shall be removed from voting.
[8.12]Amendments shall go into effect immediately upon passing and shall be added to all copies of this Constitution as soon after passing as possible.
[8.13]Member states and associate members shall not be required to re-ratify the entire constitution upon passage of an amendment.
Also, when Section 4 first came up for discussion, I mentioned that I would raise the question of whether to codify our keeping of the Constitution in both wiki and PDF format as part of this section. Does anyone else think that would be a good idea?
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 12th December 2010, 22:47

I agree with you, Zack.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 12th December 2010, 23:08

yes ill have my proposals for this tomorrow or tuesday

very very busy tomorrow organising protests and such
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 13th December 2010, 18:07

Under 4.26, we need something that states what happens when the VP is away, like we have for when the Pres is away.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 13th December 2010, 19:08

Speaking of the death penalty, I propose that we should make it so that the person sentenced should be able to choose which method they die (i.e. hanging, lethal injection, ect.) with Lethal Injection being the default method if the person is unable/unwilling to comply, or if their is a doubt about whether the person sentenced is choosing the sentence or is being influenced from the outside (to be determined by an AIN court?). In all reality, who are we to say that a person should die in a said way just to not make us feel bad about it. If we do not feel bad about doing something, it will become normal and we may not hesitate as much about using it.
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 20th December 2010, 03:45

hows the final stages going ?
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 20th December 2010, 12:08

FINAL DEBATE ON MISCELLANEOUS SECTION IS NOW CLOSED, I WILL BE COMPILING THESE TO GO TO VOTE THIS EVENING, ANY FURTHER SUGGESTIONS MUST BE PMed TO ME BEFORE 1530 GMT

THREAD LOCKED AND THIS WILL BE REMOVED FROM FEATURED EVENTS

---

Hope that answered your question JO
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down