AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge

+8
Thomas
Forsma
Sky Guy
Evillions
hiigarar
alerules
StanislavSoltys
will
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Empty Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge

Post by will 24th March 2011, 00:01

Application for Waterbridge to join the Alliance of Independent Nations

National Flag
Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Nationalflag

National Coat of Arms
Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Coan

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Mapofkofw

National FactFile

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): Kingdom of Waterbridge
Nation Name (Native Form): Waterbridge
Demonym: Bridgeish
National Anthem:
Europa (Earth's Cry, Heavens Smile)

National Motto: Pro Deus Rex rgis quod terra

Government: Constitutional Monarchy
King passes decrees which goto the Prime Minister
Prime Minister approves/vetos bills from the Congrees, King's decrees,and passes Prime Orders
Congress passes Bills, can veto Prime Orders and King's Decrees, can override executive vetos
Courts approve all laws before they are passed

Capital: New Mistley (pop-34,000)
Head(s) of State: King Jordan I and President Wilson Ferris
Offical Language(s): English
Population: 123,000
Area: 242 sq mi
Climate: Temperate, Carolinian
Geography: Mountainous like the Appalachains, Riverboune and Attica Bay are the only flatland in the nation.
GDP ($ - Per Capita): 32,400 AINERO; 48,000 USD, 57,600 BRD [Bridgeish Dollar]
Currency: Bridgeish Dollar= 1.2USD
Drives on the: right
Internet TLD: .wbg
Telephone Code: +659

Offical Languages: English (97%), Arabic, (2%), Other (1%)
Average Age: 36
Ethnic groups: Bridgeish* (82%), African American (9%), Other Caucasion (4%), Irish (2%), Middle Eastern (2%), Other (1%)
Religions: Protastant (84%), Catholic (7%), Atheist (4%), Islamic (2%), Agnostic (1%), Jewish (1%), Other (1%)

*Bridgeish is an ethnicity of English descent, mainly from 15-1600's Manchester, but can also include Irish and scottish ancestry.

Military Organization and History:
Armed forces to defend the Nation began in 1651 when the first king was trying to gain power. King Robert I
Naval forces to defend the seas began in 1677 under the second king, King Bailey I
Air Forces to defend the Air of Waterbridge and it allies began in 1913 under Queen Isabelle II who was forward thinking

All Military forces belong under the authority of King Jordan I, he cannot however send the forces into combat for more than 30 days, 60 days in an emergncey situation with other nations forces also occupying the area, without congressional approval.

Histroy of Bridgeish Military conflicts: (W=Winning side)
W 1652-1661: Bridgeish Civil War
W 1760-1763: Seven Years War
1814-1815: War of 1812 [Stalemate]
W 1916-1918: World War I
W 1942-1945: World War II
1971-1975: Vietnam War
W 1990-1991: Gulf War
2005-2009: Iraqi War
2011- : Middle Eastern Protests and Conflicts
2011- : Libyan Conflict and NO FLY ZONE

National Holidays
Independence Day/National Day: October 5th, this year celebrating the 350th anniversary, since 1661,
Kings Day: March 22nd, this year celebrating 359 years since the coronation of King Robert I
Christmas Holiday: December 23rd-27th: National Holiday, Christmas on December 25th
New Years festivities: December 31st-January 1st: Celebrating the New Year
Mother's and Fathers Days: Same as in the US
Alliance Day: July 4th, celebrating alliances with foreign countries, sharing this day with US independence day.
Veterans Day: November 12th

History:
The Kingdom of Waterbridge was created with the onset of Colonialization in the New World in 1643. Waterbridge is a small isle located along the opening of the Chesepeake Bay, home to (going to be) 150,000 people. The nation developed much with the United States, Its nearby neighbor.

The capital of this small nation is New Mistley, the original Mistley was founded in 1664 as the second capital of the Kingdom which was founded as a seperatist movement from the King's throne, and lasted until 1844 when a disagreement among farmers led to a fire overcoming the town overnight, the townsfolk had to wait till the fire burned out and then began to rebuild in the rubble, of the 20,000 townsfolk in Mistley, 476 died, most of asphixiation from the fire. The second Mistley was finally finished and incorperated in 1847. The national governement meanwhile operated out of the city hall complex of the Bridgeish city of Riverbourne in the South. The city has come to symbolize the fight of the Bridgeish people and the style of Bridgeish life.

The Kingdom has been a Constitutional Moncarchy since the rebuilding of Mistley in 1845. The reign of Bridgeish Kings and Queens:

1652-1674: King Robert I- Overlooked the founding of Waterbridge,

1674-1683: King Bailey I, 1683-1697: King Benjamin I, 1697-1721: King Andrew I,1721-1736: King Oliver I

1736-1772: King Samuel I- The child King, assertained the throne at age 16. upon Oliver I's death in 1736 due to loss in a duel, Served from age 16 until age 52.

1773-1794: King Andrew II- Known as the New Year's Day King, his Father, Samuel I, died on 27th December, 1772 and Andrew was Coronatied on 1st January 1773.

1794- 1816- King Oliver II-

1816- 1847- Queen Isabelle I- The first Bridgeish Queen. Oversaw the rebuilding of Mistley aswell. The last free reigning monarch.

1847- 1863- Queen Scarlett I- Daughter of Isabelle, the second Bridgeish queen.

1863- 1882: King Andrew III, 1882- 1901: King Robert II, 1901- 1921: Queen Isabelle II,

1921-1955: King Andrew IV- Oversaw the Great Depression in Waterbridge and overlooked the Bridgeish entry into WWII. At age 22 assertained the throne, at age 56 while meeting guests in New Mistley, was snipped dead by Alexander Cooke. Mr. Cooke was then apprehended by Bridgeish officials and in 1962 was executed by electric chair at Riverbourne National Penetentiary.

1955-1982: Queen Anne I- Led the nation through the Psycadellic revolution and the heat of the Cold War, albiet, it was in the opposite ocean for the most part.

1982- 1999: King Jacob I- Was the oldest reigning King, assertained the throne in 1982 at age 62 and died in 1999 at age 79.

1999- : King Jordan I: Has taken Waterbridge through to the New Millineum to the present day.

Monarchs: 17
Pre Constitution Monarchs: 11
Post Constitution Monarchs: 6
Kings: 13
Queens: 4

The above mostly follows the Nation's History aswell.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Shouse
Royal House of the Kingdom of Waterbridge, home of King Jordan I since his coronation in 1999 as King. Home to the 16 previous monarchs of the nation.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Federalpark

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Newmistley
Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Villagepicture
Satallite view of many of the core towns of Waterbridge including the capital of New Mistley, Upper and Lower Thorneshire, Mount Thornewell and Silvergrove Valley.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Universityx
Mount Thornewell University, the Harvard of Waterbridge, known for its Law and Buissiness schools but also its engineering program. It is also known for a Motorsports engineering program.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge BourneRiverUniversity
We go from the most prestegious university to the most populous, 9,000 students large, Bourne River University, on the River Bourne (where the city name comes from) it has a bioligical, medical, Law, Medicine, Religion, Architecture, Engineering, etc. all the major subjects Smile It also fields teams in the stoneish collegiate sports federation.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Devilscreekspeedway2
Devils Creek Speedway, a car racing track East of Mount Thornewell, is a cornerstone in Bridgeish Motorsports, it is a .5 mile Dirt Oval.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Thecascadebends
The cascade bends are a section of road between New Mistley and Silvergrove village which are known for their trecherous nature. Originally the working of a botched dynamite job, their sharp nature and steep dropoffs are one of the focal point of the world renowned Rally Waterbridge. It is early on along the flatside mountain highway, and late, the 9th km, of the stage in the Rally.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge VillageofRiverbourne
This is an example of all Bridgeish archetecture, alot of small towns have similar styles, designs and transport. Specifiically this is Forestmore in the South. There is also a speedway, Forestmore Speedway, which hosts domestic Bridgeish Stock Car races.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge RiverbourneWorldInternationalAirport
Riverbourne World International Airport (Code: RBW)
The only International Airport in Waterbridge, Riverbourne World has 2 terminals and 25 gates, it is the only International Airport in the nation, it is located West of Riverbourne in Attica Bay (version 2)

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge RiverbourneandAtticaBay
The new version of Riverbourne and Attica Bay, the original had Attica Bay East of Riverbourne, now its West,
Total Population: 50,000.
Future population: 75,000

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge LakeSquare
This is our version of Times Square, its located where Downtown Rockwood intersects International Park.

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge SouthParkResivoir
This is the South Park Resivoir, part of the River System of the Wood River,

SUPPLEMENTAL
Brigatine Water Mod
Olympia terrain mod
Good realism
realistic rural southern mountains/appalachian transport system

Have hosted 2 events with stone I hoped would count
currently: http://simsports.darkbb.com/t2534-aiff-futsal-world-cup-stone-2011
sim rugby world cup: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/topic/38067-sim-rugby-world-cup
If running Leagues counts:
Sim World Stock Car Racing Association: http://simsports.darkbb.com/t2499-sim-world-stock-car-racing-association-swscra

Last edited by will on 8th April 2011, 18:44; edited 4 times in total
will
will
Permanent Secretary

http://sc4united.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge Empty Re: Declined | Kingdom of Waterbridge

Post by StanislavSoltys 24th March 2011, 00:03

It's great! But with room for improvement, especially the airports and university.
StanislavSoltys
Councillor

Back to top Go down

Post by alerules 24th March 2011, 00:05

Great but not a fan of the flag
alerules
alerules
Town Clerk

http://Alelantis.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 24th March 2011, 00:11

You need more Bats and more downloaded buildings, but there is a good start. And can you explain your Flag?
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by will 24th March 2011, 00:18

The flag, the emblem is a bridge over water, the bridge from England to the new world when it was founded in the mid 1600s, Green represents the land which is surrounded by water, blue.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 24th March 2011, 01:05

I'd say yes with improvement if I was voting. I do see some promise in your work, just add more American or British BATs and some more work on your airport and university.
(Needs more custom content in general)

Also, your region could use work. Try to use a real world map for your cities so it looks better and just easier in general.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 24th March 2011, 01:53

I really like your road layout and the park spaces are very nice.

However, I do agree with the other that you need lots more Custom content. If you need help feel free to ask. Wink
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 24th March 2011, 02:19

It all comes down to what he's trying to build.
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 24th March 2011, 02:40

Well i'm open to suggestions, I do alot of small town stuff, US, if you look up stone republic in the ST CJ's section it'll show up, thats my old CJ but its a good indicator of my custom content and what I do with it, Waterbridge is a bit more appalachain in nature but its good, Stone is more my hometown, Waterbridge features about 150-200 miles northeast, i'm from the base of appalachia in north alabama and It influences my cities alot. So, if you have some backwoodsy small town american stuff you can link me with thats good Smile I have alot if not all of SG's stuff, alot of dk1's stuff, alot of JBsimio, spa, kevdan25 (for fast food places), and all the mtp stuff if I ever used it. I have a good gig of stuff If I just used it all.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 24th March 2011, 17:38

Pretty nice at all! Laugh
I think this is just perfect if you download more BAT and LOT.. Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 24th March 2011, 18:27

I'm not going to repeat what everyone else has said, but obviously I agree that this is a CJ with a lot of potential. I'm not sure about the map - it doesn't seem realistic that a blob like that would just... appear.
Other than that, I like it. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 24th March 2011, 21:33

its still a wip a little bit as far ast that goes, its not quite as much of a blob but mostly mountain.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 24th March 2011, 21:36

Just download a real world map and all of your problems will be solved. Laugh
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by will 24th March 2011, 22:01

Well I don't get installataion with them quite.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 25th March 2011, 03:44

This is isn't bad...but you'd need a few more BATS and custom trees...also the overcrowding of trees on the airport runway is very unrealistic...you need to remove it and give some clear grass land. But I'd like to see Waterbridge in the union....just needs some improvement 👍
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 25th March 2011, 12:31

Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by will 25th March 2011, 18:57

Heres a link to the CJ on simmania:
http://simmania.darkbb.com/t149-kingdom-of-waterbridge

but the short of the long is that Waterbridge has an extensive history in motorsports, Stock Car racing and rally racing, with an occasional F1 or indycar road race in Riverbourne or something like that. It is hosting two SWSCRA events (my stock car racing league on Simsports), one in Attica Bay, a suburb of Riverboune, and another North of New Mistley by the air force base.

There is an "outlaw" rally event specs, the "Rally of Waterbridge." Running with two classes, the S2000 for WRC style cars and the Unlimited class which has a rule book only 1 page long (which is short by comparison) this is detailed in the second update on the trek from New Mistley to Silvergrove Village. There are alot of tight trecherous roads through Waterbridge, alot of roads in the country are two lane back country roads like in the appalachain back country. It goes through just about every city there is in the village. The cascade bends in that picture are part of the Silvergrove Valley stage, 11.68 km from just inside the town limits to the High School stadium.

In the 1960's Formula One visited Waterbridge for a few years in a non championship race in Mount Plesantree (it will be update 5 on simmania, ST and simsports but I probably won't be in the AIN by the time I post it). It was on a 12 turn track East of town which can still be driven on today.

Stock car racing occurs on short tracks all over the nation including the 1/3 mile Flight Stadium, inside the stadium of B.F.S.C. Flight in Attica Bay. There is an annual championship, second most popular sport after Football/Soccer.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 26th March 2011, 13:06

Due to problems with corrupted files, i'm going to have to redo Riverbourne and Attica Bay, therefore new airport. Everything else is fine so nothing major. Riverbourne will look a nice sight different.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 27th March 2011, 15:26

Yes, how they said you certainly need new custom things, but that will not be a problem for you, am I right? Try your best because I liked it, really, but you need a little room for improvement.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by will 27th March 2011, 16:36

I've got some stuff underway which is certainly different in the new version of Riverbourne and Attica Bay (which is now on the other side of Riverbourne). and the population is now at about 125k after redoing it. I dont think it'll be a big deal, I'm taking a class in CAD stuff right now at my school and we did a small bit with VIZ 08 which is just like gmax so I may have some of my own stuff to put in too.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by will 28th March 2011, 02:01

updated with New Riverbourne and New attica bay and a host of new information.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 29th March 2011, 05:51

Until now it's looks good! Suprised
I personally would like to suggest you to change those trees to suiting the terrain mod... Smile
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 30th March 2011, 00:34

will wrote:Well I don't get installataion with them quite.

What part are you getting stuck at? I really think that if you could find a good made (island?) map, you could do a lot of great things.
Search on the STEX for a while, and when you find one you like, feel free to PM me, and I can walk you through the steps to install it.

Cant wait to see what you do with this! Smile
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by will 30th March 2011, 00:51

Dryan: Well thank you, if i'm not mistaken there is a trees thing to go with the olympia terrain mod but are there any you would recommend?

Sky Guy: That the process is different and I need mapper or that other one right? my copy of mapper is corrupt or something and I am not in a position to replace it.
will
will
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 31st March 2011, 03:21

I think Olympics is suite there.. Wink
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister