AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms (USNW)

+10
MiguelLeal
Huston
Sirron kcuhc
Thomas
Forsma
Evillions
Sky Guy
ForthWall
Blakeway4
marsh
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms (USNW) - Page 2 Empty Re: Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms (USNW)

Post by Thomas 30th April 2011, 11:47

What an update - and the mosaics really show off Ghazuo's tropical setting. I'm not too sure about the black images for the narration though. What's wrong with just... text?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms (USNW) - Page 2 Empty Re: Royal Gansbaai Kingdoms (USNW)

Post by Huston 30th April 2011, 11:57

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad, Bravo Marsh, Bravo! This indeed worth a lot of praising. I just don't understand how you do this...

P.S. The landing planes and planes on the runway, are there any prop dependencies that I need to make them work? Thanks in advance.
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 1st May 2011, 22:46

Wait.... I've seen this update...
just looks so real... :dream:
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 3rd May 2011, 00:02

Replies -
will, thomas & Dryan: Thank you all!

Blakeway4 - Thanks. The plane effect was just a plane window overlayed in photoshop, with the window cut out. The perspective transformation I used a photoshop add-on. That which I have forgotten where it was. Speechless

Evillions: The monitor makes a huge difference. However that is not why they look different. Every update I ever so slightly change the way I photoshop my pictures. Perhaps this time it made a larger difference. Cheeky/Razz

Huston: TY . All dependencies are listed in the downloads. Which there are a lot of... so it's easy to get confused...

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

A world in anguish. Serindriea, 1948. The dawn of a new millennium is closing in. People move to this, "beautiful" city every day. Beautiful, I can argue that. This city is hell. Although I have never seen the outside of the city since I was 6, It's safe to amuse we live in a pit of despair. Living in the slums of the city. Well... the entire place is a slum. The wealthy live in the hills. The only wealthy being those favored by the duke. A borderline Tyrant of the city. Following blindly, the people love him. I mean, just throw a few extravagant parties ever year and you can win over the love of the people.

6 years old, when I came here. Then it was nothing more then a few shacks along the riverbed in beautiful forest. Now it is a hellhole. So many factories. A blight place. The contamination is so intense it feels like twilight, even during the day. The air feels like an anchor. Clenched by soot from textile mills and Steel Furnaces. 20 years I've lived here. I don't want to stay much longer.

There used to be small mills. Built from wood, and with shingle roofs. But now massive facilities have taken those over. And smokestacks tower over the city. Across the river many of these still stand. I go there often; to remind me of simpler times. The Oak and Maple trees give the sense of the country side.

The river is a relativity calm one. Only roars in the early spring months after the snow melt. It serves as a good waterway for many ships. Very many, in fact. It's a very busy waterway. The numerous bridges along it don't help much either. Theres massive steel bridges, suspensions, as well as one large rail drawbridge. Famous for it's treacherous location. The ports are almost exclusively industry. But a few unlucky people live down there. And I thought my "home" was bad.

The city boomed as soon as Duke Piarnon Agustine made this his home, after leaving the capitol, Athenea. A strong fierce man. Threatening and tyrannical. Tall with a noticeable scar across his neck. He wasn't always this way. He used to be a great man, when he first came here that is. But power changes people. It can change anyone.

He lives in the hills. Away from the grime and grit of the city. Since living there he has lost his cares for Serindriea. A beautiful place. Trees swaying in the wind, the creeks slowly trickles by. It's easy to loose your cares up there.

marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 3rd May 2011, 00:13

Nice Coal :suspect: Plant :suspect:

Marsh :suspect:

What does the last :suspect: sentence say in the last pic :suspect:
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 3rd May 2011, 02:18

Can you photoshop my pictures then? Cheeky/Razz Again, great work!!!
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 3rd May 2011, 18:27

"When the palace is set ablaze, we will dance in the streets."

I mean, really marsh. Is there anything you can't do with Simcity and photoshop? I can't fault this, at all.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 3rd May 2011, 23:27

Whey the palace is set ablaze, we shall dayce y the streets?

Cheeky/Razz

DIRT!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 3rd May 2011, 23:50

...I'm getting shipped off tomorrow. To war. The country is fighting in the largest war in the history of Andonia. I was drafted yesterday, notified by a knock on my door. Luckily I already know how to shoot from my dad while hunting. I'll be better off than others. The Duke ordered for as many people to be sent out as possible. Many without any training whatsoever. Five Million already sent out. Everyone getting packed onto ships, to be sent out tomorrow.

When I got to the docks the Warships where lined up at the docks ready to go. Families saying bye to their relatives being shipped off. Everyone had someone to say goodbye to. Except me. All my friends already drafted. I had no one.

As we shipped off I looked back on the city. Remembering the times I had there. I don't know whether it was good, or bad, that I was leaving. At the moment though, I was happy I was leaving. Goodbye Serindriea. It may possibly be forever.
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 4th May 2011, 02:13

*cough* excuse me while I go into a coma from looking at these incredible pics. 👍
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 4th May 2011, 05:12

Wow what is that place? :pale:
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 4th May 2011, 05:19

It's in the past.
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th May 2011, 18:54

Hmm. Did you change the name of your planet again?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 4th May 2011, 20:13

No it always was Adonia...
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th May 2011, 22:00

Wow, you really made that boat?!?! Cheeky/Razz

GJ!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Chip 4th May 2011, 22:48

Thomas wrote:Hmm. Did you change the name of your planet again?

No, he just never gets it right, it's still Adonia. Cheeky/Razz :LOL!:
Chip
Chip
Citizen

http://www.usnw.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 5th May 2011, 06:22

You've put all my skills to shame... Cheeky/Razz ...Amazing Work marsh...what am I saying...I mean That is some Astonishingly Spectacular work, I'm always up to reading your City Journals, It's almost near impossible to pass up reading it!!
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 6th May 2011, 05:54

Lieutenant Johnson, my commanding officer, called me over to his side. He seemed to like me after frequent talks across the Vascan sea. He informed me of the mission we had. Detailing of the route and stops, ect; As well as our landing location in northern Trentannia. A newspaper lay on the table. Published a few weeks ago, probably obtained back in the country. It read:

--April 29th, 1948--
After years of controversial actions made by Trentannia, the people of Serendriea has been enraged by the most recent one. A major attack on a Naval fleet preforming tests and training in the Alcadean. 3 Cruisers, 4 destroyers and an aircraft carrier where all sunk in this single attack. The attack was unknown to the troops on those ships, and left over 2,000 dead. Serindriea immediately took this as an act of war, in a planet already in a state of extreme unrest and global war. Drafts are now in affect in Serindriea. 1.5 million citizens have already been shipped off.

"Is that where we're going Sir?," I asked.

"No," he replied. "We're going out to Trentannia itself. Takin' the war straight to their land."

He showed me a map of western Althena.

"Why is that area around Trentannia colored in grey?" I pondered.

"That is all Trentannian land. Conquered by them over the past few years."

"So, "I questioned again. "Why are we going straight for their homeland? Isn't that rather dangerous?"

"Attacking anything other than the Trenannian homeland would prove useless. They murdered twenty two hundred of our own men. We will murder the same. Any that die along the way. We will get that payback also." He continued, "an eye for an eye. A tooth for a tooth. Our blood has been spilt. We will spill theirs."

---2 weeks later---

Sitting in my bunk in the berthing space quietly, I heard a loud noise. An, explosion of some sorts. I walked down the hallway and into the nearby cafeteria and looked out the porthole in there. I saw a battleship on the horizon. Firing, it seemed, directly at us. I hastily made my way up to the deck. As soon as I reached it I heard a voice say, "QUICK, Get down!"

A mortar shell immediately dug itself a large crater into the deck of the ship. Splintering the wood into millions of shards and igniting a small fire. The Mark-7's quickly begun firing. Piercing my ear drums. A large explosion quickly over-took this sound. I looked to the starboard and saw the enemy ship ablaze with a hole in it's hull the size of a large bus while sinking like a lead anchor. I saw many people. Rapidly swimming away from the sinking vessel. The Commander hurriedly handed me a gun. I... I recognized it. It was the very same type of gun which my father used to hunt with back when I was a child. As well as what I learned to hunt with. A nostalgic feeling came over me. I remembered better days when I was a child. A loud voice suddenly interrupted my thoughts. "Let no one escape alive!" Gunfire then engulfed the airways. The men escaping where being killed like lambs to slaughter. I couldn't get the courage to shoot. I've never killed a man before. Let alone a utterly defenseless one.

"Shoot you bastard," The commander screamed at me. "Don't be a coward! There's no mercy in war, Only death to those who oppose us!"
I froze for a moment, as I felt the barrel of a gun jammed against my temple.
"Shoot or you will be killed with them," he snarled.

I shot. Out of fear of being killed mercilessly by my own men. I attempted as best as I could, to try and not shoot anyone. Bullets simply firing into empty black waters. Immediately, I saw a man die. I knew that it was a bullet from my own gun. I looked down, his body close enough to the ship to where I could see it, his hair wet from the salt water. His tan Trentannian uniform soaking wet. Then I looked into his cold eyes realizing. I just killed a fellow human being.

marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 6th May 2011, 18:21

Wow. That's all I can say. The narration is just like a novel, and is really effective. Great work Marsh.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 6th May 2011, 23:27

Very nice Laugh
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 7th May 2011, 04:29

Amazingly nice!!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 8th May 2011, 13:21

You could right a good book and with the combination of your photos, I'd think it'd be something worth reading...This is some Great stuff marsh!! 👍
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by marsh 13th May 2011, 02:01

I'm not usually very good at words or long comments. (Which came to my amazement that more than 1 sentence spouted out of my mouth while writing the Serindriea war.) I usually let the pictures talk. I know I left some more recent updates out of that mosaic... but I really wanted to remind you all of past updates. Ones that don't deserve to be forgotten. It's been a great year. When starting Zukuraai I never thought Gansbaai would get as far as it has today. I want to thank each and every one of you for commenting and viewing my CJ. I truly appreciate it. One whole year already. Time flies. I hope to continue Gansbaai for as long as I can. I don't know what the future holds for my CJ.

A little treat; these are some pictures I have never shown before. Mainly because I planned an update, but only made 2 pictures for it.  &mmm

Also, I recently have been reminded of my first (real) CJ. Tropicana. Only 2 pictures remain. I remember Tropicana well. But due to a computer failure I lost it all. And for some reason I thought it was a bright idea to delete my imageshack folder.

1 year of Gansbaai. Hopefully it can go on for many more. Smile

,marsh
marsh
marsh
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 13th May 2011, 18:25

When someone invents a word that describes absolute shock and awe, and a sense of jealousy, and a sense of lust, all at once, I will use it here.

Thank you for labouring away over the past year to show us your amazing talent in SC4 and photo editing. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emperordaniel 13th May 2011, 19:00

Try "shelekanust", it's the Khwint word for what you described... Smile

SHELEKANUST, MAHSH!!!!!!!!!
emperordaniel
emperordaniel
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next