AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 6 - Summit Poll

4 posters

Go down

Would you like a collaboration with COFR in the Union Games ?

Day 6 - Summit Poll Vote_lcap25%Day 6 - Summit Poll Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 1 ]
Day 6 - Summit Poll Vote_lcap75%Day 6 - Summit Poll Vote_rcap 75% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 4

Day 6 - Summit Poll Empty Day 6 - Summit Poll

Post by Matt 14th February 2009, 17:05

Will you bid for the Games ? The lack of bidders would be a major issue and I'm afraid we can't solve it without the help from the COFR.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Day 6 - Summit Poll Empty Re: Day 6 - Summit Poll

Post by Aranho 14th February 2009, 17:10

Regarding about this, Raffore Islands' campaign, Tourist City 2009, is still ongoing. Tourist City 2009 is a campaign where Tourist City is set to be the sporting capital of Raffore Islands for the whole of 2009. It is also a campaign to promote the Sports Hub to other nations in order to attract more tourists.

In light of this, Raffore Islands will bid for the AIN/Dove Summer Games.

I will not vote yet.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 14th February 2009, 17:12

I'll make a bid for the union games. I do have moutainous regions in my country, ill just need someone to help photoshop.
I will also make a bid a for the summer games. And ill start work on AIN Winter Games Bid today.
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 14th February 2009, 19:00

You don't need photoshop, you just need to have a solid bid and you might win. But you have to be prepared for an opening/closing ceremony.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 14th February 2009, 19:13

i think that just for the first AIN games, we should have only AIN participants, then in the second games, we can consider working with COFR. my point being is that were still a growing union and we need to settle down before any diplomatic relations with other unions.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 14th February 2009, 19:17

Ok. I'll wait for a great bid and if I get it we will have our own games Wink I'm confident there will be more bids for the summer games but we still need the winter ones.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th February 2009, 20:39

I voted yes (I am as shocked as you might be)

I think the lack of bidders for a winter games from just the AIN would make a winter AIN games impossible. If we had more winter bidders than maybe Im close to being able to host a winter games and with work this week (I have all week off) I might be able to get that to a realistic possibility but the fact is it's still up in the air and rather than take the chances lets just try to get a few more this time around so we have a more realistic shot of getting the games to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 14th February 2009, 21:44

Your bid would help me very much so please consider it Wink
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 14th February 2009, 22:54

I think it may be possible some day, but it seems like we should all join COFR if we can't do things on our own. Perhaps we need to hold off on having a Winter Games event until we have more members, though I think as long as you have a host and at least 4 participants, you could do something. However, look at the Commonwealth Games, Island Games, Pan-American games... these are all summer events without, to my knowledge, no corresponding winter event.

Don't take this as a suggestion that we should cancel the winter games - I'm just saying that the Winter Games are coming early in the history of the AIN, and we may have to choose between a relatively small event (which is quite fine in my opinion), or postpone until we have more members who would participate.

Also, remember that I have offered the Nalsa Islands as another participating team. It can potentially host a summer event and Ainkien can potentially host summer and winter - I just don't have a lot of time to go beyond simple photoshop pictures to do things like videos. Given the small size of Ainkien and the Nalsa's I'd be far more likely to be capable of hosting a smaller union games than the Simlympics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th February 2009, 01:20

I call a vote:

Keep the Winter games or wait until a summer games can be done?

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 15th February 2009, 02:33

I say no winter games. Wait till a summer games.. Were plan and simple not ready
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th February 2009, 03:03

I concur with saathoff37 no winter games we are not ready

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 15th February 2009, 03:09

i hate to say no winter games right now.. But its true.. Were not ready.... Sad
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 15th February 2009, 04:04

I also agree with you guys. I don't think we should have our first game as a winter games. No every nation is ready yet.

But for the summer games, most of us (if not all of us) are definately ready.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 15th February 2009, 07:10

I'm personally bored of so much summer games. I'm not sure we should cancel the winter ones.
But what are we waiting for ? More members ? We would never be ready in this situation...
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 15th February 2009, 18:34

not more members, just being able to host a games most nations just aren't built up enough to host a games successfully

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 15th February 2009, 18:41

We're 8 nations. Someone has to be capable to host the games.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 16th February 2009, 00:12

I have another question

Of all the AIN nations how old is your country in real world time. When did you start to work on this country/city?

I have been working on Perthshire for about a month and a half Im close to being at the capability to host the games but I have a lot I still want to acomplish before I can get a winter games.

1. I have to finish my airport
2. I have no idea where I would even put my green
3. I have downtown and my rural area's nothing else
4. In my preperation for the December games I have my downhill area about 1/3 complete I still need to add lodge area's and continue work on it and I think if I worked all week I might be close but that just isn't realistic I have a few other things I want to get done this week and that I am doing that don't involve Sim City 4. I'm sorry matt, I know how frustrating it is to want to do somthing like this and not be able to get anyone else behind you but I do not think a winter games is in the cards right now. We also have to keep in mind that the Feburary games is still a total unknown we dont know what is going to happen or if it will even work at this point.

I think it is in the best intrest of the AIN to wait until April with hosting to be in March, to have a 'spring games' maybe include some winter events like say hockey or somthing with some summer events excluding say like beach volleyball and adding like say golf for some color and make the games all our own make a whole new type of event for the spring. I will start a topic discussing this further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 16th February 2009, 12:36

As of the current real year timing, my nation is 18 going on 19, gaining independence on June 1st 1993 (my birthday). I started working on this since July 2008 (originally started in Jan 2008 but cuz my CPU crash & all of the memory is lost, I need to restart from scratch again).

However, the main problem I'm facing is that I "release" Raffore Islands much earlier than planned, so only about 20% of my nation is completed. to make things worse, real life and school makes my schedule too packed.

I have a rough storyline (til 2040) for Raffore Islands all planned out and ready though.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 8th July 2009, 20:45

this musta died but we should join with COFR on a Inter-Union Games
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 10th July 2009, 15:37

Here's the current situation:

COFR have an Inter-Union Games with the now-defunct Scandia Union [Scandia Union have somewhat merge with COFR]. COFR and SU called this the Inter-Union Games (of course) and it happens once every 3 months. If I'm not wrong.

If you wish for the COFR-AIN Inter-Union Games too happen (after consulting the other AIN members), I will inform this to the chancellor of COFR (philly_boy).
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 10th July 2009, 16:54

I think this is nice. I totally agree to share with it, however, I ask the AIN members to post their opinion here, so we can send a response to Aran.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down