AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An AIN event to include the games

4 posters

Go down

An AIN event to include the games Empty An AIN event to include the games

Post by Guest 16th February 2009, 00:55

Ok as I mentioned in the discussion for day 6 of the summit I think a winter games is not in the best interest of the AIN and maybe we should look at say a totally new event specially made for the AIN called a spring games.

This spring games would be part of a larger entity within the AIN that celebrates the 4 seasons. In January, April, July, and October of each year we would meet in 1 country to host.

-An AIN summit
-An AIN sporting event
-An AIN 'cultural event'
-An AIN induction ceremony

AIN Summit
Run exactly like they are now an AIN summit would discuss the issues at hand in the AIN. A city would need one 4+ star hotel in close proximity to a meeting hall for this event. And an airport. The event would take place on the first 7 days of the month.

AIN sporting showcase

The AIN sporting showcase would run similarly to the simlympics. A host would need a sporting green, and then other venues around the area. They would need a press building and a sports village venues would differentiate from games to games.

The events would take place from the 8th-22nd of the event month

Winter Games (January)

On the green
1 Simlympic Stadium*: Opening and closing ceremonies
1 Main hockey venue: 'final 4' of hockey and any other major games
1 Speed Skating Large Ring: Speed Skating events 500m+
1 Short Track speed skating ring: short track events
1 Curling Arena

In the mountains
1 Downhill skiing/snowboarding course**
1 Lodge for press and spectators
'Ski patrol lodge' for safety a simple maxis designed clinic could work to the effect
1 Ski Jump Hill**
1 X-Country course***

In the city
2 Minor hockey venues: For other preliminary hockey games

Spring Games: April
On the green
1 Simlympic Stadium- Opening and closing ceremonies/Track and Field (athletic) events
1 Shooting venue****
1 Archery Venue****
1 Martial Arts venue
1 Main Baseball field
1 Tennis Stadium

In the city
2 Preliminary Baseball fields

Summer Games: July
On the green
1 Simlympic Stadium- Opening and closing ceremonies
1 Swimming/Diving Stadium
1 Main Softball Stadium
1 Boxing Arena
1 Velodrome

In the city
2 Preliminary Softball stadiums*****
1 Rowing area
Street and Ocean swimming area for triathlon

Fall games: October
On the green
Simlympic Stadium: Opening and closing ceremonies Soccer Final
1 Basketball arena
1 Weightlifting arena
1 Gymnastics stadium

In the city
2 Preliminary Basketball arena's
2 Preliminary Soccer Fields
Street area for Marathon

Games up for discussion:
Football (American) for fall games
Golf for Spring-fall games

really the location of any game is debatable I really spread out the summer events across the Spring summer and fall games to make it easier on a hosting city and to make it more realistic you wouldnt have all those games going every few months. This was just a suggestion

*I just named it a simlympic stadium even though that wouldn't be its official name
**No stands are needed just a spot of clear hill will be fine
*** Just clear flat or semi flat land needed with trees or something to mark the boundaries of the course
**** Some sort of clear square land again trees would be nice for boundry some sort of grandstand would also be nice
*****A softball arena is hardish to come by so a baseball stadium would work well for preliminary softball stadiums

AIN cultural event
Such as AINVission contest having its conclusion or even its full event from the 23rd-29th (or 30th depending the month the penultimate day) Really only an indoor venue or outdoor one depending on the type of event that is chosen for that month is needed

AIN induction day
At least while our union continues to grow this could be an induction and show off day for any new members we may include and will be a closing day to the months activity's. This would require no venue from the host unless they want to

This format would allow a nation within the AIN host for a full month the sporting events, the Summit and anything else we need to get done and could be a great showcase for the Nations of the AIN and could be a great recruiting period for us. "hey look you can get your nation shown off on the last day of a month long summit" I dont know about you but that sounds pretty enticing to me if I was looking to join a union.

For the nation that hosts the event it would be a great way to show off your nation and would show possibly to the ISC that you can hold a large international sim event for those who wish to host the simlympics in the future. I think its a win win for everyone and waiting until April gives us a chance to get the Union settled before our first major event.

Back to top Go down

An AIN event to include the games Empty Re: An AIN event to include the games

Post by Guest 18th February 2009, 01:54

so any discussion on this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 18th February 2009, 02:57

i like your plan,

as for the cultural event, we could have an AinExpo where we have a host country and then we have an exposition of the other AIN countries. sorta like the actual EXPO conventions. Here is a link to wiki about the recent expo from 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expo_2008

as for everything else, awesome job on outlining on your ideas, very well thought out, i couldn't agree more on a better idea Laugh
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 18th February 2009, 03:29

i love the ideas.. I agree with everything but.. the spring, summer and fall games should all have basketball.. Not really a bid deal.. But basketball is huge world wide
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th February 2009, 03:36

saathoff37 wrote:i love the ideas.. I agree with everything but.. the spring, summer and fall games should all have basketball.. Not really a bid deal.. But basketball is huge world wide

Oh I agree it is but think of it this way, that would be like having the world cup 3 times a year! And soccer destroys basketball on the world scale. The players wouldn't be able to handle 3 major international competitions a year. The split up wasn't on world enjoyment of a sport but just to make it more realistic. If there were such an event there would be no way the players association or any other similar bodies around the world would allow for that to happen.

What about other sports, ie Dragon Boating, Golf, Auto Racing? Should we include those for some non Olympic color?

Perhaps a mountain rally for the winter games for auto racing, and a street stock race for the summer games, gives the int. car manufactures a great chance to show off there cars that people could buy (with money). Then like a stock car (NASCAR) style race in the Spring and an F1 style race in the fall?

Dragon Boating I've never been hot on the idea, its just crew if you ask me.

Golf in one of the spring-fall games?

Dose anyone know enough about cricket?

What about how we do the games? will it be like York is having all these preliminary things played out? Or will it be like the old simlympic style?

any other sports im not thinking of?

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt 18th February 2009, 04:58

Very nice proposal. I have prepared something for you, but it's a surprise.
Matt
Matt
Founder of the Alliance
Founder of the Alliance

Male

http://www.aoin.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th February 2009, 05:03

Matt wrote:Very nice proposal. I have prepared something for you, but it's a surprise.

Im both worried and excited as to the possibilities

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 18th February 2009, 09:21

I don't know what to comment about this proposal. Looks good.

About the dragon boating, you guys may choose not to put this as one of the sports as it is not that popular worldwide yet, only in chinese asian countries like China, Taiwan, Singapore, Vietnam, etc.It can be put as a demonstration sport if you wish.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down