AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I went poking around

5 posters

Go down

I went poking around Empty I went poking around

Post by Guest 12th August 2009, 03:12

So I decided to go poking around the COFR site and felt it might be time to 'borrow' a few ideas plus a few things I was just thinking about

1. Perhaps a darker background color on the site, is there any way we can idk make the space that is now white a different perhaps darker color? I think it looks more official and serious.

2. Now that we have the AIN Flag pack set up and taking a cue from our newest member even though it was sort of planned do we wanna set up embassy's? If so what building do you want as your embassy or do you want to do like I did with the AIN Center (I have yet to show that to everyone you'll see what I mean)

3. Can I go ahead and make that application test? I think that would be helpful, also I think like the COFR and as our newest member demonstrates I think we need like a set matrix more than just union wide approval? Should we discuss this in the next summit?

4. What ever happened to the Judiciary system we heard all about it during and directly after the Giaus issue, is that still going to be around? Honestly I don't think it's needed at this point

5. Should we create a union charter? Or a 'gentlemen agreement' we have a lot of unwritten rules here. Do we want to write them down? Or like in the COFR do we want to create a charter with real world issue rules and then allow for propossals amendments rules etc. just like say the US Congress?

6. Should we, and primarily Matt, have an AIN HQ?

7. What can we do to improve posting? Right now we've hit a major snag, why is this? I'm going to school in 2 weeks so I'm going to be slowing down, are we just on vacation? Nothing going on in the union? Why did we skip August for events?

8. Just randomly asking, what's up everyone? How you doing?

9. Now that Giaus is gone can we just re instate the CIB so we can finish our investigation of the war? It wasn't finished yet

10. What's the status on AINTV can we find out more than just occasional screen shots? Will this be an actual site we can visit and contribute too or will we just see screen shots?

Honestly I think we just need to breathe some life back into the Union and get some things going it's a little quiet around here.

Back to top Go down

I went poking around Empty Re: I went poking around

Post by Saathoff 12th August 2009, 03:58

1. Agreed. Like i told you on MSN we should go to a more Navy Blue looking site

2. We should set up some up. Just choose something off the STEX, or LEX. And have them use that. OR for every nation we have on in use the same design so there no confusion who has what building

3. I say Yes. And we should prolly discuss this in september

4. It should be in place just in case something arises. But other right now its not needed

5. 100% agreed with this idea

6. I say we opening up bidding for it. Get some competition going

I think its vacation and the fact school is starting back up. Will get back in the groove of things

8. Not much, football practice sucks Cheeky/Razz and im good Cheeky/Razz

9. Yes

10. Not Sure in we should get a website for it
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 12th August 2009, 04:01

were talking about the judiciary system at the summit.
and to answer number five, i think the judiciary system would help with rules
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 12th August 2009, 13:42

Glad to see you guys spying on other unions Wink
But this is common.

1. I agree with Saathoff that we should have a dark blue or a similar colour to that as the background. But not too dark. But I believe our forum should be based on a green colour theme as we are the first union to have our logo in green (designed by me!). Wink

2. Just to inform you guys, Rafforsia have an Embassy Strip which is a high security area where embassies and consulates from other countries set up their embassies and consulates here. The Embassy Strip is divded into group, and apparently, AIN have it's own plot of land. It's just that I don't have the time to create it. Cheeky/Razz

3. In COFR, the application test is successful if you wish to accept members who have a high-quality CJ (similar to how SCJU select its applicants). However, only the administrator can accept or reject applicants should we follow this method, although other AIN members can give out their own grades.

4. I don't know whether we should include this Judiciary system.

5. I'm fine with whatever decision you guys decide on, although the Charter could give interesting ideas for role-playing Wink

6. Agreed with Saathoff, although the COFR HQ is built on the leader's country (in COFR terms, the Chancellor's country in which is was built on the Shalman Commonwealth as philly_boy was the chancellor but currently, COFR have a new chancellor so it is not confirm if the new chancellor is ging to have a COFR HQ built on his country)

7. Sadly, all I can say is that my exams is this Friday and I have my GCE O-Levels in October. Despite that, I'm still slacking and be active on both COFR and AIN, on top of SimSports.

8. I'm doing great. Smile

9. I believe we should have CIB back and give it a test trial.

10. Currently, Peter is updating on the AINTV News. And, in case you guys didn't know, we actually have a website for AINTV (I've forgotten the link but I believe it could be found on the AINTV section of this forum).
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th August 2009, 15:58

In Response to Aranho

1. According to Nate the green was tried and looked rather sickly, I think we can use more green on the site but a dark blue is a more solid official color especially than white.

2. Perthshire is planning on having the same thing should we start this Embassy idea? Or hold on let me show you guys the AIN Center first.

3. The way I was thinking is each person fills out a matrix (one standardized one) and if the person gets above the pass point with so many people then they are in the union.

5. "I'm fine with whatever decision you guys decide on, although the Charter could give interesting ideas for role-playing Wink"- It would help with some involvement around here.

6. Since Matt is the leader this is his union I think he should have the HQ

9. You guys own

10. Having that link would be nice

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12th August 2009, 16:08

Ok here is the AIN Center I've been talking about some of you have seen it before

I went poking around Perths54

Its a 4 Building complex on the shoreline that host all AIN activities in Perthshire. The three tallest buildings serve as hotels while the center serves as a meating area for the AIN.

My idea is either we all have one of these (Maybe not this exact model but something unique in each country) instead of specific embassy's for each AIN country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 12th August 2009, 19:56

I like the AIN center idea
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 14th August 2009, 01:30

Im insulted Wink
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 14th August 2009, 02:26

6.-Agreed
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by philly_boy 16th August 2009, 22:46

6. Agreed with Saathoff, although the COFR HQ is built on the leader's country (in COFR terms, the Chancellor's country in which is was built on the Shalman Commonwealth as philly_boy was the chancellor but currently, COFR have a new chancellor so it is not confirm if the new chancellor is ging to have a COFR HQ built on his country)

LOL aran you need to read the Charter more closely (edit: I forgot to update it xD) Cheeky/Razz I have the HQ for life Cheeky/Razz

Its nice to see people "poking around" in our forums Cheeky/Razz However, the matter of official Union-to-Union relations have to be discussed between myself, Alex and Neil, at a first level, and then with the entire Union (either at a summit or a thread). Personally I disagree with the creation of official ties (they never lead anywhere - afterall, we are two entirely different "political" entities), but we can keep it to a nation-to-nation basis.

Note that this is just my opinion and not the COFR's Smile

3. In COFR, the application test is successful if you wish to accept members who have a high-quality CJ (similar to how SCJU select its applicants). However, only the administrator can accept or reject applicants should we follow this method, although other AIN members can give out their own grades.

No, aran. The Chancellor can approve or deny upgrading a member's membership. The decision to accept a member or not, however, is made democratically according to how many points a nation scores.
philly_boy
philly_boy
Immigrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th August 2009, 00:06

ok thank you Philly_boy for those clarifications.

I think at least having maybe a bi annual joint summit one in a COFR nation one in an AIN nation would be good so all the members can discuss ideas to make both of our unions stronger and maybe a joint understanding in terms of role playing so the two unions are on the same page in the 'sim world' events.

3. Can I go ahead and make that application test? I'll present it at the judiciary summit.

9. Can we start the CIB back up, just as a reminder who were the members? I remember peter was and I was that's all that's coming to mind.

10. What is the link to the AINTV site?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 17th August 2009, 02:04

nate was a member wasnt he?
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by philly_boy 17th August 2009, 09:05

again, Dljrfn2000, that is up to the Union to decide :/ We had an alliance with the Scandia Union and it ended up with them falling apart and becoming part of the COFR Cheeky/Razz
philly_boy
philly_boy
Immigrant

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 17th August 2009, 10:10

Here's the AINTV website: http://www.aintv.webs.com/

Response to Qns 9: I am one of the member of CIB. Saathoff too, and you, plus Peter.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th August 2009, 15:10

Aranho wrote:Here's the AINTV website: http://www.aintv.webs.com/

Response to Qns 9: I am one of the member of CIB. Saathoff too, and you, plus Peter.

thanks for the site and thanks for the reminder

can someone reset up that board for us?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum