AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Yacht up in Flames

+5
Peter
Neil
Thomas
emgmod
KoV Liberty
9 posters

Go down

Presidential Yacht up in Flames Empty Presidential Yacht up in Flames

Post by KoV Liberty 10th April 2010, 03:30

ATRUBIAN WATERS - Miles offshore, a boat went up in flames as the president Abijad Aljakar was on vacation. His boat was out for a fishing trip when, supposedly, an electrical fire started. It took hours for rescue teams to to even reach the boat, as the chain of islands were desolate and hundreds of miles offshore. The team pulled 15 bodies from the boat. Sixteen were present at the time of the fire. None of the bodies were identified as Abijad Aljakar. As in the Atrubian presidency, "If the president is missing, formally hands over the presidency, or deceased, the new president is the vice president." The president is already missing/deceased so the presidency is temporarily/permantly handed over to Kandhan Janhar.

Pictures of the accident will not yet be released. The terrain is unmarked but densly forested. Its is unlikely that, if alive, the president will not go far into the forested area. The islands are known as "Yehn Darfuk," which no one quite understands. But, other than a small town, the presidential vacation home is the only thing on the islands. There is a navy vessel at the islands but it was away this particular month for repairs after running aground. More details will be released once this story develops. At a press conference President Kandhan Janhar said breifly:

"Abijad is a stong man and can survive. He has been through much in his life. As your new president, I am doing much to find him. Navy has been dispatched to the area, and a Coast Guard Cutter is on its way. The Army has 100 men stationed across the island and 100 more are arriving for the search. We will find him. And he will be alive. We do not know if this is a terrorist attack on his personal craft, or a simple mishap, more likely the second than the first. As a result, the Boat Show has been postponed, to which he was going to open. I will now accept questions from the press."

Alex
KoV Liberty
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Presidential Yacht up in Flames Empty Re: Presidential Yacht up in Flames

Post by emgmod 10th April 2010, 09:20

The president is missing? You need a lot more than a coast guard cutter and a few navy ships.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th April 2010, 09:54

Ollingdale sends it's deepest sympathies to the family of the President in this horrible time. We also send our condolences to the families of those who have died.
Thomas Simpson
Prime Minister of Ollingdale
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 10th April 2010, 13:24

Holidia is shocked at the events that took place earlier today. At this time we sincerly hope that this was not an atrocity conspired by terrorists and will offer our resources for a full and swift investigation.

We offer solace to all familes of the deceased and offer our full support to the vice-president during this difficult time.

Shane Cooey
Deputy-First Minister
Leas-Céad Aire
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by KoV Liberty 10th April 2010, 13:29

@ Emgmod: Who said there are a few? Upwards of 10 Naval vessels are in the search, the Coast Guard is not big enough and most of its vessels are in repair. Also, the yacht went down a few miles from shore. So it is very possible that the president made his way to land. The only question is where and if he escaped safely from the ship.

@Thomas: Thankyou for you condolences.

@Neil: Thankyou, fortunately, this is most-likely not a terrorist attack since the ship did not explode as should have been used if it was an act of terrorism. It simply caught on fire in a crowded room, as is believed. The president was supposedly not in the room at the time of the incident. We gladly accept your resources for an investigation.
KoV Liberty
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 10th April 2010, 18:48

Petrova commiserates with the Atrubians and sends our deep condolences with this irreplaceable loss.
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 10th April 2010, 20:34

The People of Aleksania send their deepest sympathies to the families of the missing president. If their is any way that Aleksania could help, we would be more then willing too.

Aleksandr Dziubla Facco
Chancellor, Republic of Aleksania
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by KoV Liberty 11th April 2010, 17:55

@Peter: Thanks. As of Thursday, the search will be called off. But so far, it is not counted as a loss, but rather a, misfortune.

@Aleksfacco: Thankyou. We would like you to join up with Holidia and Atrubia to investigate the cause of the accident.

Alex
KoV Liberty
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 11th April 2010, 18:02

Lanaya Secret Service will help out Artubia (SSL). You have our sincerly condolences.

Tim Cockey,
President of SSL
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 11th April 2010, 18:20

Darn it! Yesterday afternoon, I mixed up this news with the Polish President death news. I thought the Polish President died in the mangrove due to a boat crash or something until the real news said that it was a plane crash. Cheeky/Razz
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 11th April 2010, 18:54

Ouch - I did think how ironic it is that both of these situations happened in similar timescales. Just an unfortunate coincidence, I guess.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 14th April 2010, 05:58

Emperor von Nacht and the rest of the Tirnreich sends its condolances to the people of Atrubia.
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KoV Liberty 15th April 2010, 03:06

ATRUBIAN WATERS - After five days in the wilderness, the president was recovered alive after spening 5 days on a deserted island. He was dehydrated and was days from most likely dying out there. His "camp" was maeshift and further away from the search area than believed. He set up camp in a feild near the ocean and lit fires at night. In a press conference he said:

"I will make this short. I'm very greatful for our military to be so well trained in this dire emergency. They handled it very well and I am so grateful for all these cndolences and concerns. Also the vice president Kandhan Janhar has done a fine job as temporary, err, I mean, permanent president. Yes, I am resigning. I am becoming to old for this type of thing. Therefore, I am giving the presidency over to Kandhan and my vacation home as well. He will be inaugurated on Saturday. I would like to invite all of AIN to this event. (there will be no pics, but oh well). I'm now going to go home and be with my family. Conference dismissed." *Kandhan stunned*

Alex
KoV Liberty
Town Clerk

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 15th April 2010, 03:37

I before e except after c. The word weird is an exception too.

President Edward Pitt will be attending the inauguration if it is deemed that the conflict in Acijnstan will not threaten the president.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 15th April 2010, 10:07

Prime Minister Thomas Simpson will attend the inauguration, before his visit to Afghanistan on Monday. He is delighted that the President has been found safe and well.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down