AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony

+7
Peter
Sky Guy
Blakeway4
hiigarar
Spy9600
MiguelLeal
Thomas
11 posters

Go down

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Empty Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony

Post by Thomas 25th December 2010, 10:33

It's been a long, eventful and incredible year for the AIN. The statistics speak for themselves - 2272 topics since January, nearly 100 new accounts created, a staggering 31,879 posts and an average daily number of posts of 53. The union has grown from only a handful of members at the start of the year to a record high of 34 member states and associate members. The entire union has transformed, not just in terms of leadership, but the way we see it. The Alliance of Independent Nations - the strongest SimCity 4 union, built on the foundations we still hold high today, as seen in the union banner. Without further ado, I'd like to commence the Presidential Alliance Awards.

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-02

Now the first award goes to a member who's livened up a few discussions, and has made us all smile at least once. This member has kept the Social Lounge alive with his banter and his humorous links, but has highlighted some serious global issues through his comedy links and articles. So, the funniest member of the AIN is...

Spoiler:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-04

The next award goes to a member who has taken numerous new members under his wing and helped them, and has been considerate and helpful to really everyone who's needed it. He's shown immense dedication to the union and I can see him becoming an even bigger part of our community in 2011. The award for most helpful member goes to...

Spoiler:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-06

This award goes to somebody who over the past year has contributed a massive 3557 posts, with an average of nearly 10 posts a day. I'm sure everyone knows who it is - he's been a huge contributor to the union both on the forums and on skype discussions. The award for most active member goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-07a

This next award goes to a member who has been very vocal in his views over the past year, and despite his controversial opinions and tongue in cheek attitude, he rose to the rank of administrator during the Spring. A few months ago he returned after a break, and has been a big player in the union with the writing of the new constitution. We all know who he is - and the award for most outspoken member goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-08

Now this award took me the longest to decide on. Every single City Notebook here is brilliant in it's own way, every City Notebook worthy of an award. The styles are so diverse, and everybody could win this award. However after looking through every City Notebook forum, I found one that incorporates so many different styles, each one of the highest quality. This member has put maximum effort in every image he produces, and the City Notebook is incredible to look at. The award for best overall City Notebook goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-10

The award for most realistic City Notebook is quite a general term - realism could be seen as a replica of real life, or an interpretation of what real life should be. When I was looking through the City Notebook section, this one stood out to me because it really resembles what I would expect a nation in this region of the world to look like. This City Notebook has inspired many others to pursue this style, and it is one of the best member states we have here. The award for Most Realistic City Notebook goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-12

Over the past year we have seen many nations arrive here, and their skills have improved immensely. We've seen nations transformed from Maxis grids into high-class, diverse countries that make you just want to get on a plane and fly there. As an administrator, it's been amazing to see a country change so much, and this nation in particular has become impressive and is unrecognisable from when it first joined, even winning recognition from other websites. The award for Most Improved City Notebook goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-14

This award goes to a nation which has only been in the AIN for a couple of months, but has become a major player in role play, and has become a unique and recognisable nation in the short time it's been here. This country is popular not just in the union, but on other websites as well, and I'm sure it will continue to grow into 2011. The award for Best New City Notebook goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-16

Now we move onto the achievement awards, which go to members who have been dedicated to the union throughout the year. The first award goes to a member who has been with us for a majority of the year, and throughout has encouraged new members to join and has helped everyone and taken new members under his wing and guided them to improve their City Notebooks - his love for the union has been highlighted through the ongoing and recent member drive undertaken solely by this person, to get the highest quality countries to join our alliance. The Contribution Award goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-18

The next award goes to a member who is held in the highest regard by every member of the union, and the SimCity world. He has been a rock for the AIN since the beginning. He protected our union during the hard times and helped us build it into what it is today. The work he did for us was truly incredible, and the award for Union Recognition goes to...

Spoiler:

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Christmas-awards-20

The final award for today goes to a member who has been the perfect member - he's been selfless and helpful to everyone throughout his time here. There was no question as to who deserves this award, and it needs no explanation as to why this person has won this award. The award for overall membership goes to...

Spoiler:
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Empty Re: Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony

Post by MiguelLeal 25th December 2010, 13:41

Didn't I win something? OHHH Happy Xmas and congrats for everyone!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony Empty Re: Presidential Alliance Awards | Ceremony

Post by Spy9600 25th December 2010, 17:00

At the nomination:
Thank you.
At home:
Spoiler:
Laugh Cheeky/Razz I think I exagerated a bit...or not...Thanks anyway!

No runners-up?
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 25th December 2010, 17:57

Cong. to all who have won!
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th December 2010, 18:15

No runners up - and congratulations Spy. I'm considering holding the Second Golden Dove Awards in the new year...
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 25th December 2010, 18:25

Spy, that spoiler was: "Giant!" Laugh

Thanks Thomas! Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 25th December 2010, 18:31

Julien wrote:Spy, that spoiler was: "Giant!" Laugh
Lets say I did exagerate then... Cheeky/Razz
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sky Guy 25th December 2010, 18:57

Wow! congrats to the winners- all of them were great choices, and I'm sure that it was a tough decision with all the talent we have here. Smile

Oh and concerning my award, take Spy's spoiler and multiply it by 5.3 Cheeky/Razz

Thanks a bunch- it means a lot.
Sky Guy
Sky Guy
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 25th December 2010, 19:33

Happy Holidays you guys! 🎅

First off, congrats to the winners, you guys deserved it! And I just want to say, you guys are amazing, thank you guys for the awards above and for the trixie award at ST. This made my Christmas even more amazing. I miss this place and even though I don't log on daily, I check this site several times a week, and you guys are doing a wonderful job with the union Smile I miss this place so much that I'm considering the return of Petrova early summer 2011, not as active, but I'll definitely post updates because I miss doing them! So yea, thank you guys for everything!

Hope you guys are having a safe and happy holidays! :newyear:
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 25th December 2010, 19:36

Wow, thank you Peter for checking in - it's brilliant to see that you're still visiting us. I hope we are doing you proud, and you truly deserve the awards and the Trixie. Congratulations on both, btw. Merry Christmas to you, and I hope you have a great 2011. 🙇
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Evillions 25th December 2010, 23:12

Sweet! I won! And congrats to all the winners and merry x-mas! Laugh
Evillions
Evillions
Permanent Secretary

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 25th December 2010, 23:18

LOL, I got something, congrats to all that one, my award its like a complement saying that you suck, but your now better Cheeky/Razz
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 26th December 2010, 09:34

Congratulations Evillions and Forthwall. And I'd say your award is more saying: You've improved a lot since you joined, and your CN is now a much higher quality than before. Not really saying that it sucked. Cheeky/Razz
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 26th December 2010, 15:46

CONTROVERSIAL? Who the feck said that?

I'll give you controversial, dearest CENSORED President.

Nice to see you about Peter and congrats to the rest of you on your 'awards'
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 4th January 2011, 20:21

Suppose I be one of them? :suspect:

Congratulation everyone for the awards! Smile And nice to see you again Peter!
Laugh
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 4th January 2011, 21:11

Nope, I reckon spamming knocked you off the nominations for the awards...

Wink
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 4th January 2011, 21:17

Neil wrote:Nope, I reckon spamming knocked you off the nominations for the awards...

Wink
I though same. because of my banning by former-member-that-leave-in-october-2010. Cheeky/Razz
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down