AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE]

+5
Blakeway4
woodb3kmaster
Daniel
Thomas
Aranho
9 posters

Go down

Put this proposed act in effect as of 02/05/2010?

Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_lcap23%Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_lcap23%Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_lcap54%Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]
Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_lcap0%Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Empty Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE]

Post by Aranho 19th April 2010, 17:42

Proposed By: Department of Education, Safety and Health
Voting Period: 17:30 UTC 20/04/2010 to 17:31 UTC 02/05/2010
Requires: 2/3 Majority

The Leave No Child Behind (abbreviated to LNCB) is a proposed Act by the Alliance of Independent Nations Department of Education, Safety and Health which will give an opportunity for all children to receive proper education and cover the new compulsory education standards regardless of race, religion, financial background and physical disability.

Here are the content of the LNCB Act.
General
i. All children must receive proper education.
ii. No children will be neglected based on choice (race, religion, financial background and physical disability).
iii. All children must at least complete primary education.

For countries with non-free education
iv. Education Financial Subsidy Scheme (abbreviated to EFSS) is a scheme that will be created to give any children with financial difficulties a subsidy on their school fees.
v. Children with any financial difficulties are qualified to apply for EFSS.
vi. The percentage in subsidy will be determine on the financial situation of the children.

For physically challenged children (e.g. blindess, deafness, immobility of certain limbs, etc.)
vii. All children who are physically challenged must be allowed to attend normal schools depending on the physical condition.
viii. Physically challenged children who are not certified to attend normal school must be allowed to attend schools for the physically challenged.
ix. Physically challenged children who have financial difficulties are qualified to apply for EFSS.

As the LNCB Act affects every nation, the Act falls under Level 2 (Statute) of the New Legislative Order. Four voting options will be available (Yes, No, Abstain, Veto). Also, please double confirm your vote my posting your vote below.

Last edited by Aranho on 21st April 2010, 15:33; edited 1 time in total
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Empty Re: Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE]

Post by Thomas 19th April 2010, 17:46

Did you remove the part about home schooling then?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE] Empty Re: Act Withdrawn | Leave No Child Behind [STATUTE]

Post by Daniel 19th April 2010, 17:56

I'm abstaining. This policy, if enacted, will not affect Arcacia in any way as education is free and all other points are already covered in the Constitution of the Republic.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 19th April 2010, 18:05

Holidia is delaying their vote until further internal discussion takes place within our government...
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

http://neilmoore.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 19th April 2010, 21:31

Somehow I missed seeing this proposal when it was under debate. Too bad; my knowledge of how NCLB actually affects educators in the USA could have been useful.

In any event, based on said knowledge, Lower Columbia votes NO.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 19th April 2010, 22:34

I abstain, there's already something like that used in Lanaya so why another one? Cheeky/Razz
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 20th April 2010, 02:00

Abstain.

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 20th April 2010, 06:20

I'll abstain too. NCLB has been a problem in the USA, and I want to know if there wouldn't be the same effect to the AIN.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 20th April 2010, 11:45

Abstained. The Full Education Act of 1971 already covers all these
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 20th April 2010, 16:17

Thomas wrote:Did you remove the part about home schooling then?
Yup, I did remove that part.

danspaceman wrote:I'm abstaining. This policy, if enacted, will not affect Arcacia in any way as education is free and all other points are already covered in the Constitution of the Republic.
This policy is basically for every country. If your country have free education, then it is fine. It won't affect your country's status of a free education.

I'll vote yes not to support my Proposal, but voting as a member.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 20th April 2010, 16:20

Is there an AIN nation that doesn't have free education?

I'm abstaining for now.
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 20th April 2010, 16:51

Okay, that's good. I vote yes, but we already have all this anyway.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 20th April 2010, 17:29

Fornax does not have free education as the government does not believe in welfare state.

Depending on the vote, I may try to re-propose LNCB but this time with more info especially on whether countries enforce free or non-free education.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 20th April 2010, 17:38

Holidia will abstain
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 20th April 2010, 21:54

The Tirnreich will veto this statute. While it may be beneficial for single nations to take up this system, making it Union-wide would also call for several total education reforms.

Please note, this does not mean the Tirnreich disagrees with the statute entirely, but would not want it passed for the Union.
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil 20th April 2010, 22:05

Does the Head of Education, Safety and Health wish to proceed with this Statute and bring this matter to the AIN court or withdraw the bill?
Neil
Neil
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 21st April 2010, 15:33

I, the Head of Education, Safety and Health, have decided to withdraw the propose act Leave No Child Behind due to general poor support.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down