AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther

+4
Jo
Thomas
MiguelLeal
Daniel
8 posters

Go down

WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Empty WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther

Post by Guest 10th October 2010, 08:06

National Flag
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Wisomaflag

National Coat of Arms
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Coatofarms

WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Wisomalocation

National FactFile

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): Region is Esther
Nation Name (Native Form): Esther (But everyone just names it by the Capital city, Wisoma)
National Anthem:
National Motto: [THE NATIONAL MOTTO OF YOUR GOVERNMENT]

Capital: Wisoma
Government: Democracy (New Government of Esther)
Head(s) of State: Alfred Beaulac
Official Language(s): English
Population: 250,000
Area: Currently only just 200km's north to south, Unknown for east to west (still city planning for the eastern area)
Climate: Warm, tropical during summer.
GDP ($ - Per Capita): 15.2 (Whole city is Tax Free after formation of New Government)
HDI: 0.950 And Over
Drives on the: Left Hand Side.
Internet TLD: .esh
Telephone Code: +331

History:
1870; England was needing new space for exports and ports and such, so they went on a search and went south and found Esther.
1873; France Declared war on England for "Stealing" a major Port for France's Northern area.
1880; France and England Settle on the terms that The Port that England had over taken become its own individual nation, named Esther.
1890; Esther Establishes a Government of Democracy
1910; First Port in the city Opens in ex-city named Portland
1940; Portland destroyed from earthquake
1941; Portland Re-constructed
1970; Construction on M1 from Portland to Paris
1980; Portland destroyed from fire
1991; Wisoma established
1995; Wisoma Becomes Nation's Major city
1999; Portsmouth Established 100km's south of Wisoma
2007; Construction on Major inter-city rail for Wisoma to Paris via Portsmouth
2010; Wisoma constructs Subway
2010; Portsmouth constructs El-Rail on roads
2011; Wisoma Hosts Music.Life on the Wisoma Bay.

[WISOMA]
Eastern Suburbs
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Busysuburb

Northern Suburbs
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Burbs

CBD
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Improveddowntown

Wisoma Greens Park / Parksland
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Wisomanaturepark

Construction Begins on Ocean View, A southern suburb
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Newsuburboceanview

CBD Expansion
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Downtownexpansion

Northern Rail Link
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Busypublictransportnort

Northern Rail Terminal (Highton)
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Congestedrailroad

Music.Life [Wisoma] requires some more Expansion, but its used Currently for Battle of the Bands.
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Wisomamusicfestival

[PORTSMOUTH]

Portsmouth North
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Portsmouthsneakpreview

Portsmouth CBD (Construction Beginning)
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Portsmouthcbd

Waterfront CBD
WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Portsmouthwaterfrontcbd

Links to CJ's:
Wisoma
Portsmouth

Back to top Go down

WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Empty Re: WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther

Post by Daniel 10th October 2010, 08:25

Let's look at the checklist:

Green = You have completed this requirement to a good standard and no improvement is necessary.
Orange = You have completed this requirement to an okay standard, but there is room for improvement.
Red = You have completed this requirement to a poor standard and drastic improvement is required.
Bold = You have not completed this requirement, or your application does not demonstrate that you have.

ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS All must be in green

A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style Your map shows a location, but does not show your borders.
A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture You have a good deal of custom content, but a lot of the architecture, especially in residential areas, is Maxis. The ratio is still good, but you might like to think about some custom residential addons.
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

SUPPLEMENTARY REQUIREMENTS At least 4 must be in green

A custom terrain mod I can't really tell
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN That's okay - your new. Smile
Attention to detail
A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

In summary, not a bad application at all and I can see the direction your heading in. The cities are very neat and well constructed. All you will need to do is provide a map of your country that shows its borders, and you might like to think about some custom content in your residential areas. Also, there are some empty areas an ungrown areas. This is expected as it is obviously a new region. It's not a big deal, but you might like to let it grow a bit more and then post some new pics as this would give a better impression.

Also, please don't create a poll yourself. An admin does that once members have had a chance to review your application. That being said, you've done a very good job on this application and I expect a poll should be open withing the next day or so.

Last edited by Daniel on 10th October 2010, 08:35; edited 2 times in total
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther Empty Re: WITHDRAWN | Application for Wisoma / Nation of Esther

Post by Guest 10th October 2010, 08:28

I will work on the map, i've never really worked on Geography, so it will be quite hard for me :LOL:
I've just started downloading Residential custom content, and its more of custom transport in the cities though. Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 10th October 2010, 09:27

Nice bid, and first welcome to AIN, I have to tell you something: download more houses packs, if do this you will be ready to join us!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th October 2010, 09:28

Firstly, welcome to the AIN and thank you for applying. Smile

Personally I want to see a lot more custom content, I love the railway custom content you have already, and if you had that level of quality in the residential and commercial areas, you would definitely be getting in. I'd recommend getting more European suburbs and French/Dutch styles for your buildings, it's very American at the moment.

I'm not sure about it being in mainland France, it would need a huge amount of detail for the history and would get really complicated. How about a one-city island near the Channel Islands? That would be a lot easier.

I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements! Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 10th October 2010, 09:58

Nice Start.

and welcome to the AIN, I've got four things in mind for you.

1. u said democracy ? but what type exactly? Republic, Monarchy ?
2. as the others have said more custom content can't have enough of it.
3. More use of the NAM, it looks like u have it but I'd like to see more use of it..
4. ur history is a bit vague and outer kilter maybe ur second city needs to be settled a bit back in ur history.. A city doesn't just spring up over night.

Other then that Great application and good to see another Aussie on the forums
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th October 2010, 11:02

Republic, i think it is. I'm not sure, Similar to the Government as australia & the UK, with the queen being a Republic over the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th October 2010, 11:13

Is Alfred Beaulac the King/Prince?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 10th October 2010, 11:19

I think what you're saying is that it's a Constitutional Monarchy. If the government is similar to Australia or the UK, then that's what it is. It will therefore either be a Kingdom or a Principality, depending on what the Head of State is called.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th October 2010, 12:45

Alfred is the Prime Minister. The current Queen is Queen Elizabeth II

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 10th October 2010, 12:48

Yeh, so you have a constitutional monarchy. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10th October 2010, 13:41

Oh, Right. Thank you. Im kinda new at this you can tell :LOL:

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 10th October 2010, 18:15

Welcome jakehh, your application looks nice, but it needs some improvement I suggest going to simtropolis and downloading these French/German mods

I suggest downloading from this guy
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=files&keyword=sauron620&view=all

and some of porkies buildings
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=files&keyword=porkissimo&view=all

Also some nice ones that may fit your reach
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=4547
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=13073
http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=14218

and look up for TSC.

Above that, I love your rail roads, and try to use less of the el rail above road (its a little unsightly)
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 11th October 2010, 01:33

First welcome to :AOIN: !
Your application is already good. However I suggest you to get more CC and also a terrain mod.
Hope thats help!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 11th October 2010, 03:30

Welcome!

I saw your comment about your queen, and wouldn't a more french name suit a french country?

And other than custom content and a few empty spaces, your app looks great!
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 11th October 2010, 03:37

Another australian... commonwealth invasion Wink Welcome, people said what I was gonna say, so that's it for me. Hope to see more soon!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 13th October 2010, 07:15

I'd like to close the Application for personal reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 13th October 2010, 07:30

Okay. Sorry you on't be joining us. If you have a change of heart, please feel free to re-apply.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down