AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 7 (Union Summit IV)

+2
Daniel
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Day 7 (Union Summit IV) Empty Day 7 (Union Summit IV)

Post by Kevin 17th July 2010, 12:42

Before we begin the discussions, let me welcome you to Centreburg. I hope you enjoyed the city so far and perhaps for the rest of your time here. Also, let's take a look at today's hot spot:

Day 7 (Union Summit IV) Arcacia

Note: i'll be using pics from your City Notebook

Now, we shall progress to the discussion topics, which are:

• HTP - Help the Poverty project

• AIN Meeting Reform

HTP

• How effective do you think it will be?

• Is there a better way to do it?

• Any suggestions regarding the project?

AIN Meeting Reform

• In your opinion, do you think it will help solve our current problems with meetings?

• If not, then is there a better way to hold meetings?

• Should meetings be compulsory?

• Any suggestions regarding the matter?

Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Day 7 (Union Summit IV) Empty Re: Day 7 (Union Summit IV)

Post by Thomas 17th July 2010, 12:52

First of all, thank you for taking this over at such short notice. Smile

HTP

How effective do you think it will be?

I think it will be very effective, Aran has this completely under control and it looks great so far.

Is there a better way to do it? Any suggestions regarding the project?
It looks great, and I think Aran is doing an amazing job.

AIN Meeting Reform

In your opinion, do you think it will help solve our current problems with meetings?
So far, it has been very helpful with organising meetings and especially the Western Hemisphere meeting. Times seem to be good, and once the summaries and other little things are ironed out, it should be a good system.
And the reform has already gone through, so any problems atm are stemmed from the reform having passed, so we may need a new reform if there's issues with the current one.

If not, then is there a better way to hold meetings?
I don't think there is a better way really, since MSN doesn't work for some people, however others are concerned about Skype. It is impossible to make it perfect, and please everyone in every time zone.

Should meetings be compulsory?
Never.

Any suggestions regarding the matter?
There is a severe problem with the Eastern Hemisphere meeting - considering how many of the people who wanted it to happen don't seem to show up. Also, when meetings end up being cancelled through a lack of participants, nobody says how it should be improved to work for them. We're just going to end up going round and round in circles with this EH meeting - it definitely needs major discussions.

Last edited by Thomas on 17th July 2010, 16:59; edited 1 time in total
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17th July 2010, 16:11

HTP

ATM it running well. Sure it'll need some cash from rich people to boost it.

Is there a better way to do it?
The current is good enough so I think to keep it.
Any suggestions regarding the project?
It running well until now. I would like this not only help a poorest country but also the other countries those also need.
Meeting reform
TBA

Btw would you like to post the THS with pictures those I got?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 17th July 2010, 16:16

Good idea.

Thomas, you didn't finish
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 17th July 2010, 17:01

Sorry about that - edited. I think we need a serious discussion about the EH meeting here. Otherwise, we may need to consider scrapping it if the issue with lack of participants continues.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 17th July 2010, 17:56

HTP: Arcacia is not involved with this, so I have no comment to make.

Meetings: I think there should be a regular day of the month (eg: 2nd Saturday of each month or whatever) and held at a regular time. As we are spread out around the globe, we should have 2 meeting times with people encouraged to attend at least one, both if they can. This way, we all know when the meetings are being held.

There is definitely a problem with attendance. I have been to meetings where there have only been 2 or 3 people. That's not a meeting. Perhaps we should take apologies, like in the real world. If you can't make a meeting, say so before hand. Perhaps we divide into 2 zones. East and West. East = Prime Meridian to International Date Line (via Asia). West = International Date Line to Prime Meridian (via USA). Each division should have a chairperson for meetings. If you can't make a meeting, you PM the chairperson of your division. If almost everyone in that division is unable to make it, that meeting is cancelled and the remaining attendees have the option of joining the other division's meeting.

I don't see any merit in mandating attendance. We all have lives and sometimes we have to prioritise.

If attendance in the Eastern hemisphere continues to be an issue, then we should just schedule 1 global meeting at a time that tries to accommodate as many timezones as possible, though we obviously won't be able to make everyone happy.

To be honest, I don't care what time the meeting is set for. I'm a partially employed part time student and I'm used to late nights. I just don't like early mornings. Besides, being Australian I'm used to global events being on at bizzare and ungodly times of the day. We got our own back during the Sydney Olympics, though. Kiss my timezone, USA!!

When all is said and done, my personal feeling is that the meetings give us a chance to get together in real time. Not a lot of business ever gets done, we do that here on the forums. If something major happens that needs real-time solutions, then meetings become more important. Apart from building friendships and giving everyone a chance to laugh at my accent, I don't think they really need to be taken very seriously.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 17th July 2010, 18:09

I agree with that Dan - I think that is a good idea, having a chairman. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 17th July 2010, 18:34

HTP
Is there a better way to do it?
Any suggestions regarding the project?
Being the creator of the HTP Project, I will continue to let it grow. So far, I cannot say whether it is a success of a failure as there are delays in getting a response from Tyler about HTP@Jumaane. I will help other nations very soon should I face further delays with HTP@Jumaane. Using this month-long Summit as an opportunity, I will read every comment and feedback made about HTP and I will develop HTP with those comments and feedbacks.

AIN Meeting Reform
In your opinion, do you think it will help solve our current problems with meetings? If not, then is there a better way to hold meetings?
The method being used right now seems to be fruitless, particularly the Eastern Hemisphere Meeting. Considered that I am no longer the admin of AIN, timing for the EH Meeting could change to suit the people living in the Australasia region.

Should meetings be compulsory?
No matter what, there will be people who won't turn up due to some reason.

Any suggestions regarding the matter?
I personally like Dan's chairperson idea. We also need some sort of a definition to consider the meeting a meeting. For example, meeting means at least 5 people attend a meeting.
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 17th July 2010, 18:42

Aranho wrote:I personally like Dan's chairperson idea. We also need some sort of a definition to consider the meeting a meeting. For example, meeting means at least 5 people attend a meeting.

With the previous EH meeting that failed, I was not going to start until at least 4+ people showed up at one time, and could stay online for a considerable amount of time. Within two and a half hours, this was not reached once, so I cancelled the meeting.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 17th July 2010, 19:58

HTP

• How effective do you think it will be?
Good if its planned out well

• Is
    there a better way to do it?
Not Sure. Aran seems to be doing well

• Any suggestions
    regarding the project?
Well kinda off-topic but Aran if you check the flight times. Tyler is Canada... So he can't reply

AIN Meeting Reform

• In
    your opinion, do you think it will help solve our current problems with
    meetings?
So far it has helped

• If not, then is there a better way to
    hold meetings?
No

• Should meetings be compulsory?
Nope

• Any
    suggestions regarding the matter?
Not at this time
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 17th July 2010, 20:10

Saathoff wrote:Any suggestions regarding the project?
Well kinda off-topic but Aran if you check the flight times. Tyler is Canada... So he can't reply

Opps. My bad. :X
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th July 2010, 12:26

AIN Meeting Reform
In your opinion, do you think it will help solve our current problems with meetings? If not, then is there a better way to hold meetings? My suggestion just to change the time since I can just attend the Australia, Asia, and Europe meeting. I think around 12.00 to 20.00 GMT + 8.

Should meetings be compulsory? No

Any suggestions regarding the matter? Nothing ATM

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 18th July 2010, 13:08

You only need to attend one of the meeting though - if enough people from the Eastern Hemisphere showed up, then we could have just as fruitful a discussion then, and not rely on the later meeting for decisions to be made.

Do you want the EH meeting time changed?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 18th July 2010, 13:38

I think the current ok for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 20th July 2010, 03:58

Aranho wrote:
Being the creator of the HTP Project, I will continue to let it grow. So far, I cannot say whether it is a success of a failure as there are delays in getting a response from Tyler about HTP@Jumaane. I will help other nations very soon should I face further delays with HTP@Jumaane.

Sorry Aran, I didn't know you wanted me to fill something out, and when I got your pm about it I was in the middle of nowhere in northern Manitoba Cheeky/Razz
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aranho 20th July 2010, 17:50

Don't worry, it's alright. Smile
Aranho
Aranho
Sovereign

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down