AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish

+8
Forsma
Blakeway4
Kevin
Thomas
K50 Dude
Spy9600
Wacky32
Bruce
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish Empty Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish

Post by Bruce 23rd August 2010, 02:19

WARNING: Application contains a large image, a GIF slideshow, and a video.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Bruce on 25th August 2010, 04:45; edited 1 time in total
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish Empty Re: Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish

Post by Wacky32 23rd August 2010, 02:38

Ooooh, cool!
Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish Empty Re: Approved: Full Membership | Duwamish

Post by Spy9600 23rd August 2010, 02:41

Excellent job, I think you are 100% ready to AIN. Good luck. Smile
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wacky32 23rd August 2010, 02:42

Yep he is ready! Laugh
Wacky32
Wacky32
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 23rd August 2010, 02:54

Thanks for your support Wacky and Spy!
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 23rd August 2010, 02:56

I really like your GIF animation, and your big image, and yo... well, actually I like everything Cheeky/Razz nice work! May I ask how you made the satellite view?
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 23rd August 2010, 02:58

Thanks K50! That satellite view is courtesy of emgmod here...he did it by tilting a Region Census picture and I cropped the edges off.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 23rd August 2010, 12:39

Full Membership Checklist

~ A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation

~ Before and After in-game pictures

~ Completion of the entire Junior Membership Checklist Essential Prerequisites

Straight away all greens for Duwamish - now the admins will vote on this application judging your Activeness, CJ Improvement, Quality of CJ Overall.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Activeness

Duwamish is a very active country within sports and the City Notebook area, and you have some unique features such as the stock exchange. I really like the way you show the country off within the AIN and other sites.
Yes.

CJ Improvement

I think you have definitely improved, when you originally applied my PoIs were that you needed to show more of the country, and you certainly have. The population is more realistic for the style of CJ you have, and Duwamish is much more detailed than before.
Yes.

Quality of CJ Overall

I really don't have much to say that I haven't said before - Duwamish is one of my favourite City Notebooks here on the AIN, and you combine quality and quantity very nicely. You're an active member of the union and your country fits in perfectly.
Yes.

Summary: YES from me!
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 23rd August 2010, 13:04

Activeness

Duwamish is active, i agree. Especially in sports, with Duwamish being a venue of the torch relay for the XIII Simlympiad and hosting the AIFF Club Tournament.

CJ Improvement

Much better than when you first applied for junior membership. In fact, it was always good and you kept it consistent

Quality of CJ Overall

Duwamish was great before, now even better! I daresay its tons better than Corraile

Summary: BIG FAT YES!
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 23rd August 2010, 13:15

It took me a while to realise you actually needed to highlight that. Cheeky/Razz
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 23rd August 2010, 13:32

:LOL!:
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 23rd August 2010, 14:41

Here is my opinion, I will be very clear and kind of, very direct and unfortunatly, I will say most of what isn't going on in your nation. But if you read carefully, I hope it'll help you for the future! Smile

What isn't good.
About -->

Your Sideshow: On your before/after pics, you're showing us only one "before" pic, so we can't really judge your improvement on this application for FM. Personnally, it's all the same. Sports venues, then suburbs. So It's like you're showing only 3 pics to me. As I see, you love sports and it's a reason you're very active in SS and AIN, since both communities have sports events, but it's not a reason to show sports venues more than 50% of time. If you showed us some of your newspapers it might have been better.

Your Video: I didn't saw it since when I try to play it, the spoiler close (as it is what spoilers are supposed to do when we click on something in them.

Your Stats and infos: I know it's an objective to have 13 millions of people in your nations, if you want Duwamish to be a city-state, it's your right and it's a good idea since the size of the nation is small. On your region view, to show your objective (if I'm not wrong, it's your objective to have 13 m.), you should have develop more dense residential areas, but I can only see some spots of skyscrapers/downtowns like in Kalama and Dawson. The 13 millions is too much I think. 10 or 9 millions would be the limit higher and even that, it's very big and dense. Look at Singapore since it's the best example of a city-state: http://www.nationsonline.org/maps/singapore_map.jpg - http://www.lamarstone.com.sg/jpg/singapore-map.jpg
It's not all dense... There's some rural areas and forests and spaces... So should be Duwamish I guess: A beautiful city-state of like 6-7 millions inhabitants in a country self-sufficiency (since that's the dream of every nation), green and all.

What is good:
Nothing. Kidding Wink
This part is comming soon, I need to go see the semi-finals of the Rogers Cup, cya!
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin 23rd August 2010, 14:45

Singapore only has 4.9 million. For 6-7 million, try Hong Kong, which isn't like Duwamish at all
Kevin
Kevin
Prime Minister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 23rd August 2010, 15:41

Thanks for all your comments!

Julien: I guess I could downsize Duwamish to 6.3 million people...I'll have to edit the AIN Fact Book thing and AIN Wiki.

BTW, here's the anthem:

Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 23rd August 2010, 15:42

I think 13 million should be the predicted population by 2015/2020 or something and 6.3 million could be the current population. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 23rd August 2010, 16:12

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking about...
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 24th August 2010, 17:13

Nice work with those GIF and video!
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 24th August 2010, 18:35

Thanks 976.

Is there any other admin that will vote and/or comment?

Also, Kevin, is that a yes vote?
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Saathoff 25th August 2010, 02:53

Activeness

Duwamish
is a very active country within sports, mostly football. Which is great for AIFF and AIN bringing us attention so. Yes

CJ Improvement
From what ive seen, you've vastly improved since American Camano and what you applied with and Duwamish. So Yes

Quality of CJ Overall
High Quality. Great CJ to follow. So
Yes.

Summary: YES
Saathoff
Saathoff
Prime Minister

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 25th August 2010, 02:54

Thanks Nate!

I think one more to meet three admin minimum, right?
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 25th August 2010, 04:38

Activeness

You're very active, and help a TON with things like the AIFF and the Wiki - YES

CJ Improvement

The first time you applied for AIN with Wiki it was not very good.. sorry about the harshness haha. But now you're freakin amazing! Cheeky/Razz - YES

Quality of CJ Overall

Just like above.. It's Ama-za-zing!!! Cheeky/Razz - YES

Overall
YES!!!!!!!

Congrats Bruce, you're now a full member!!! Smile
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 25th August 2010, 04:43

Wow! Woohoo!

Go ahead and update the front page and/or my title under my username!
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by K50 Dude 25th August 2010, 04:46

Dang it, you got it first Cheeky/Razz

Big congratulations Bruce! You deserved this Laugh
K50 Dude
K50 Dude
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 25th August 2010, 04:51

Thanks! Only 8 CJs and two tries later, I'm an AIN Full Member!
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 25th August 2010, 04:54

8 CJ's? What?
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next