AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish

+12
Tyler
ForthWall
Aranho
MiguelLeal
Aleks
emgmod
Peter
woodb3kmaster
Thomas
Blakeway4
Liberater444
Bruce
16 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Should Duwamish be accepted into AIN?

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Vote_lcap63%Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Vote_rcap 63% 
[ 10 ]
Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Vote_lcap31%Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 5 ]
Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Vote_lcap6%Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 16

Poll closed

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Empty Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish

Post by Bruce 4th July 2010, 18:21

Application for Duwamish to join the Alliance of Independent Nations
National Flag

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 800px-Flag_of_Duwamish

National Coat of Arms

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 300px-Seal_of_Duwamish

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Location

National FactFile

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): Republic of Duwamish (공화국의 이슬제가요미쉬)
Nation Name (Native Form): Duwamish (이슬제가요미쉬)
National Anthem:

National Motto: Harmony between civilization and nature (조화 문명과 자연 사이에)

Capital: Dawson (도슨)
Government: Constitutional republic
Head(s) of State: Bruce Martin (브루스 마틴, since 2009)
Offical Language(s): English and Korean
Population: 50,490 (2009 estimate/2009 견적)
Area: 287 sq mi (743 km²)
Climate: Oceanic climate (also called "west coast marine climate")
GDP ($ - Per Capita): $30 billion (Duwamish dollar)
HDI: 0.960 (#8 worldwide)
Drives on the: right
Internet TLD: .dwh
Telephone Code: +1 420

History:

Duwamish was originally created after the collision of the North American and San Juan de Fuca plates. Native American settlement began 4,000 years ago when "shamed ones" from several tribes decided to travel away from what would become the Puget Sound towards the ocean. Captain James Duwamish and his crew on the Kalama were the first Europeans to see Duwamish, claming it for Britain in 1733. One year later, shortly before the crew were to leave the Kalama Peninsula, the Native Americans attacked their camp, murdering Captain Duwamish and 4 members of his crew. His grave is now a national memorial and is to be exhumed in 2011. Shortly thereafter, the claim was given to Spain to become part of New Spain in 1776, when the American colonies revolted. The United States ceased control of Duwamish in 1824 and sent the first Europeans since Captain Duwamish on wagon trains. Two main parties, the Dawsons and the Monteros, formed and parted ways. The Dawsons established the inland city of Dawson, now the 2nd largest city and capital of the nation, and the Monteros established the coastal city of Montero, now 3rd behind Kalama and Dawson. Eventually, more people came and helped Washington gain statehood in 1889. By 1962, the Green Anthem was composed as part of the secessionist movement, which passed via referendum in January 1963.

Since 1963, Duwamish has become more earth-friendly, since the succession was partly due to environmental problems, and has set a standard that other nations set to follow. The country has yet to step on the World Stage, only recently beginning to be known. Some bits of information are also available on this wiki (English).

이슬제가요미쉬 는 원래 북미와 산 후안 드 부카 번호판의 충돌 이후에 만들어졌습니다. 아메리카 원주민 정착했을 때 "수치 사람 4000 년"전 여러 지파에서 바다쪽으로 푸얻을 사운드 될 것이 무엇 떨어져 여행을하기로 결정했다. 선장 제임스 이슬제가요미쉬 과 카라엄마에 그의 선원들은 최초의 유럽인 볼 수 있었 이슬제가요미쉬, 영국에 대한 1733에. 1 년 후, 승무원 직전 카라엄마 반도, 아메리카 원주민 떠나야했다, 선장 이슬제가요미쉬 와 그의 선원 4 명의 회원들을 죽이고 그들의 캠프를 공격했습니다. 그의 무덤은 이제 국가의 기념비이며 2011 년에 발굴 예정입니다. 잠시 후, 청구는 스페인에 새로운 스페인의 일부가 1776 년, 미국의 식민지가 메스꺼운 될 주어졌다. 미국은 1824 년 이슬제가요미쉬 통제를 거부했고 선장 이슬제가요미쉬 마차 철도에 이후 최초의 유럽인을 보냈습니다. 두 가지 주요 당사자, 도슨 과 월오눈물, 형성 및 방법을 떠나가네. 도슨 지금, 그리고 두 번째 큰 도시와 국가의 수도를 도슨의 내륙 도시를 설립 월오눈물, 이제 3을 카라엄마과 도슨 뒤에 몬테로의 해안 도시를 세웠습니다. 결국, 더 많은 사람들이 와서 1889 년에 워싱턴 연방을 얻을 수있었습니다. 1962으로 그린 그들을 년 1 월 1963 년 국민 투표를 통해 전달되는 분리 운동의 일환으로 구성되었습니다.

1963 년부터 이슬제가요미쉬 보다 지구 친화, 이후 연속 부분적으로 환경 문제로 인해했고,이되었다 다른 민족은 다음으로 설정하는 표준을 설정했습니다. 나라는 아직 세계 무대에, 최근에 알려지게 시작 단계에있다.

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Kalama4

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Cowlitz1

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Cowlitz2

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Cowlitz3

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 36264333

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 86700239

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 54023320

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 43000850

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 25tw8pl

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish 263tu1t

Notes:

I use a custom water mod, PEG's Brigantine, and use the Olympus Terrain Mod. Also, I was a member of the League of Nations prior to its demise (Link). Any questions and/or comments will be answered by me.

Last edited by ComputerGuy on 5th July 2010, 23:35; edited 6 times in total
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ComputerGuy

Back to top Go down

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Empty Re: Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish

Post by Liberater444 4th July 2010, 18:28

Looking pretty good! A map of Duwamish would be very helpful
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Empty Re: Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish

Post by Blakeway4 4th July 2010, 18:30

Cool! Laugh You're jap?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 4th July 2010, 18:35

Replies

Liberater444 - Whoops! I forgot! Well, updated now.
Blakeway - Thanks! That is actually Korean, but I am Japanese on my father's side.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th July 2010, 18:40

Opps, my bad :oops:

Now there's a problem. It's overlapping a AIN nation. You'll need to talk with Zach to get this over...
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 4th July 2010, 18:53

Blakeway - Its okay! I'll talk to Zach about him giving up a little bit of territory to Duwamish...
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 4th July 2010, 18:55

You'll need to talk alot, because Duwasmish is taken over the capital of Lower Columbia Laugh If I was you, you should do as Lydosia (my old country that doesn't exist now): adding land west of US Coast! Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 4th July 2010, 19:13

Actually, Duwamish is like Lydosia because it is located far west of the actual Lower Columbian capital. It takes up part of Long Beach and the rest was formerly ocean.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th July 2010, 19:32

Why is one of the languages Korean?
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 4th July 2010, 19:34

I forgot to mention in the history that a large influx of Korean immigrants after the succession from the US, surmounting to almost 40% of the population.

In real life, its my primary home language since my mother is full Korean.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Tyler 4th July 2010, 19:37

Looks very nice! it must take a lot of time to plop all of those houses...
Tyler
Tyler
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 4th July 2010, 19:49

Nah, I grow my houses. I plop most of my skyscraper cities.
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 4th July 2010, 22:45

I'd like to call attention to Duwamish's flag. You see, it's not an original flag, but rather the same as the proposed flag for the nation of Cascadia (see here for Wikipedia's copy of it).

BTW, I'm negotiating a different location for Duwamish that's still in the Pacific Northwest, but not near Kendall/Nyhaven. The current location is too problematic to be acceptable.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter 4th July 2010, 23:01

Wow CG! This is definitely a huge improvement over your previous application. Everyone pretty much mentioned my only major concern, which is the location as it is too close/overlaps Nyhaven.

Other than that, it looks great. After you have fixed the suggestions from the members, we will put the requirements checklist 👍
Peter
Peter
Honoured Member
Honoured Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th July 2010, 00:13

Looks great! The only thing I dont like is you take over LC's capital.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 5th July 2010, 00:18

Replies

woodb3kmaster - I'll probably replace the flag...and all the stuff that goes with it.
Peter - Thanks!
976 - Thanks! woodb3kmaster and I are currently talking it over...Duwamish won't be taking up any major parts of Lower Columbia.

The overlap issue has been fixed...new location for Duwamish:

Approved : Junior Membership | Republic of Duwamish Location
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 5th July 2010, 01:22

Just so everyone knows, I have agreed to this location. Heck, I suggested it Cheeky/Razz
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by emgmod 5th July 2010, 01:43

That looks almost too perfect... I agree!

Now with every nearby nation agreeing, I say yes!
emgmod
emgmod
High Commissioner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Aleks 5th July 2010, 02:01

YES
Aleks
Aleks
High Commissioner

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/aleksfacco/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th July 2010, 04:23

Okay we just need to wait admin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce 5th July 2010, 05:45

Replies

woodb3kmaster - Its true!
emgmod - Thanks!
Aleks - Thanks!
976 - I hope I can pass the checklist and become a member!
Bruce
Bruce
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 5th July 2010, 08:32

When we gettin' a poll up in here?
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 5th July 2010, 10:23

Really good application, very interesting!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5th July 2010, 13:09

Liberater444 wrote:When we gettin' a poll up in here?
After he passed the required checklist.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 5th July 2010, 13:19

Well, if it's only that small area, change your population. 10 millions of people in a small area... hmm not realistic Cheeky/Razz

Admins Checklist?
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next