AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania

+13
woodb3kmaster
Sky Guy
Gen. Leandro Lima
Daniel
Blakeway4
Neil
JJ
Spy9600
MiguelLeal
Huston
Kevin
Thomas
emgmod
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Llithustania become an associate member of the AIN?

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 14 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania

Post by Huston 4th December 2010, 18:55

I know that most of you want the area in Sth America, but then I have to lose the cold and snowy climate of some areas, then again I live on a part of New Zealand which does not snow, And I can't take it making cities in one climate. Summer climate all year long seems boring. (I've always lived in a country which dosen't snow or snows partly in certain areas)

For some reason, snow just seems to excite me when it's in the game. That is why I chose the area in Europe. There can be beaches on one region, and more north It can snow.

But thanks for voting Yes, much appreciated.
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania

Post by Thomas 4th December 2010, 18:58

Ah, New Zealand - lovely country. Smile
You'll probably get on well with our resident Aussies - Daniel (the VP) and Jo. Smile

4 more votes needed. Laugh
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 4th December 2010, 19:06

Voted!
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 4th December 2010, 19:44

I defend your position in Europe, as Llithustania seems a continuation of the European Continent given the influence, the architeture employed the names, states, train system and all.

BUT

If you move Llithustania to West Chile or East Argentina (on the Ocean) It would still snow... Like somewhere around:
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Alternative%20for%20Llithustania

Below Images of nearby Brazilian and Argentinian states
Brazil
Rio Grande do Sul and Santa Catarina
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 715_822_Gramado-01
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Santa-Catarina-Brazil-718012
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Rio_santacatarina_00
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 40292-teste
Brazil. Believe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Argentina
Bariloche
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Bxk18259_villavicencio-alta-montanha-mendoza-argentina800
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Llithustania - Page 2 Bxk38797_bariloche-1428003

There aren't only palm trees on South America...
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th December 2010, 20:16

So I think it's up to you, is what Spy is saying. If you want to keep it in Europe, then go ahead. But the option of South America can still work. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 4th December 2010, 21:15

I guess, but I always imagined it in Europe, I always loved the European continent!
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 4th December 2010, 22:04

Then Europe it is! Obviously you can change it whenever you wish. Smile
3 more votes needed.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Spy9600 4th December 2010, 22:24

Are you counting only the votes on the poll or the comments saying "Voted?"
Because I have already voted YES.
Spy9600
Spy9600
Counsel

Back to top Go down

Post by woodb3kmaster 4th December 2010, 23:29

Spy9600 wrote:Are you counting only the votes on the poll or the comments saying "Voted?"
Because I have already voted YES.
It appears he's counting the poll votes. Ideally, the votes in the thread would exactly match the poll, but it seems that some folks just don't bother to announce when they've voted.

Also: voted.
woodb3kmaster
woodb3kmaster
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 5th December 2010, 01:39

Then In 1591, Llithustania once again declared war on France, trying to gain independence and the right to be a self-governing nation. Spain aided the Litusians (for the reason that they have connections with Spain) along the way, giving no mercy to the french. Fighting the war for 3 years, it ended in a blood bath, and with Llithustania's strong motive with the help of the Spanish, it left France with no option, but to grant Llithustania its freedom. AND Thus Llithustania was born. Government was set into the nation and followed into the footsteps of the United States and used the system of Congress. The nation also despised the idea of Communism and Dictatorship, and decided to be a country of freedom and became a Democratic Republic. The first President elected into office was Rowaen Villietvoke. He leaded the nation well and served the nation for 12 years until a new president was elected in 1603. Politics flourished, but then as some thought, the nation was too large to control by one government, and decided to separate the nation in to 12 states, all divided by rivers and mountain ranges which became state borders. Governors were elected to each state, and smaller local state governments were set, becoming similar to the United States. Though governors had power of the states, the President did not lose power and was still Head of the Nation.
Just to note:
Declaration of independence of the USA: 1776 and the first communist ideas were developed in the mid-19th century.

Because I don't want to vote 'No', I'm just expressing my concern of partially confusing and partially conflicting history you have written. You have also stated that the country is a democracy, yet there are states that are kingdoms? If the nation was built for 'freedom', as far as I know, there is nothing free in monarchy (as in inherited power vs. elected power). Also because we are talking about a potential "major power", I would want to know what happened between 17th and 20th century, instead of time simply passing by in Llithustania where as in rest of the world there were: French revolution, American revolution, Napoleonic wars, industrialization, +70 million Europeans moving to Americas in 19th century, colonization of Africa, World War 1, World War 2 and Cold War.
Major events in Europe I would say that heavily contributed to the current state of the continent.
I can see that you want to model Llithustania like USA, yet base it in Europe. That's a problem by itself, because Americas were a melting pot for new settlers, who had plenty of land to settle in and also because it was probably not easy to take a trip back to Europe, if you failed. Also for this reason I don't want to vote, as I can't agree with the map.

In any case, if you consider these things and decide to alter history and/or location I will gladly help.
And I have to say I really liked Spy's suggestion of an island in the southern Atlantic. Technically it could reside quite south as long as it stays near the Brazilian current, thus making western coast of the island warmer than the eastern/southern coast. You could look into French Guiana, Suriname, Guyana and Uruguay for inspiration.
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forsma 5th December 2010, 02:23

Voted
Forsma
Forsma
Prime Minister

http://www.kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=7018182

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 5th December 2010, 04:08

Luug,

I'll fix the Communist part, but yes when I stated "Kingdoms", the regions have a monarch ruling the 2 states. I was originally going to have them as a nation which split, and was then joined to the Main Llithustania, but since I had to make such a drastic change to the history, I just couldn't include that part in the history. So i just left the name of that area as it was, and decided why not let the 2 states keep to a Monarchy. But now that you mention it, I should have said that It was a Constitutional Monarchy.

Secondly, I get for the sake of realism, that i should either move my country or stick to a European style of architecture, but I could easily just say that Llithustania is a nation IN Europe which is modernizing THERE national architecture, and changing their Urban environment.

I mean many countries have changed their architecture over the years/decades/centuries. It doesn't mean Llithustania can't right?
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 5th December 2010, 07:28

BTW, can anyone help me with an in-game flag, I really have the poorest skills, and my laptop can't seem to cope the programs.

The flag is obviously on the application. Just wondering if anyone would be willing or can provide a flag of my country for me so I can use it on SC4.
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 5th December 2010, 08:45

Just a note that you shouldn't double post, try and use the Edit button. Smile
I think that now you are an associate member, you can keep working on the history and make a decision on the location.
Forthwall makes our AIN Flag Pack, so I'm sure he can update it with a Llithustania flag pack.

Congratulations on joining the union! I'll set up your City Notebook forum (it will be under Europe) and change your ranking.
Later today I will post the Points of Improvement, which is a set of guidelines that you need to meet before you apply for member statehood, which you can do in January. Smile
Once again, congratulations and if you need any help just ask. Smile
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 5th December 2010, 10:15

I gived you a "Yes".!!!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jo 5th December 2010, 10:21

Congratulations Huston Welcome to the AIN
A Calaréann representative will be in contact shortly to set up Diplomatic relations with your country
Jo
Jo
Parliamentarian

http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=1259

Back to top Go down

Post by Gen. Leandro Lima 5th December 2010, 11:38

you are in
Congratulations Welcome to the AIN !
Gen. Leandro Lima
Gen. Leandro Lima
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 5th December 2010, 13:23

Congrats you are officially now a part of us!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luug 5th December 2010, 13:36

Congratulations and welcome to the AIN, Huston!

I'm sure all of us are keen to help you with your CJ and history but don't get me/us wrong when we are talking about improvements. We only wish to improve the realism to better relate with other AIN members.

My point with the monarchy/republic paradox was that as Republic is a government type where there exists no monarch (king/queen/duke or anything alike, but an elected head of the government), there still is monarchies as part of it.

The problem is not whether the kingdoms are constitutional or not but if the country (Llithustania) is a Republic promoting freedom and righteousness, then in some parts of the country there are people who have 'power' not given to them by any vote (aka. freedom of choice), but inheritance. I can see this possible IF there was a civil war where a Monarch was able to hold the power in his realm and fight the rest of the Llithustania in to accepting his rule in the region, then joining back in the Federation. Or.. the Republic of Llithustania is just a name because in fact it's not a 100% Republic.

I hope you understand these conflicts and we can work on a history to enable these things, or alternatively you can change the current facts. In any case, congrats again and looking forward to your participation! Smile
Luug
Luug
Citizen

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 5th December 2010, 15:04

Points of Improvement

- Decide whether it's a monarchy or a republic
- Complete the history in more detail and realism
- Establish a set location that you are happy with and will stick with.

These are quite informal PoIs, simply because the images are awesome and there's already been debate on all three of the points. It's just making a final decision and establishing the country around that really. Smile
As I've said before, these are your checklist for reaching member statehood which you can apply for after January 5th.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 5th December 2010, 15:47

Congrats, are you from the Northern or the Southern Island? Laugh
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 5th December 2010, 15:57

You're a kiwi? YAY!
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by Huston 5th December 2010, 20:34

Mind me, just here to say I'm just going to change the state names of:

-North Toltarian Kingdoms : North Toltaria
-South Toltarian Kingdoms : South Toltaria

That way the nation can be called a Republic
Huston
Huston
Chargé d'Affaires

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 5th December 2010, 22:35

Welcome to AIN! I'm sorry to have missed the process
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2