AIN Forums 1.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston

+5
hiigarar
Daniel
Thomas
JJ
SmartbyLaw
9 posters

Go down

Should the Republic of Norston's application be approved?

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Vote_lcap100%Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 13 ]
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Vote_lcap0%Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Poll closed

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Empty Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston

Post by SmartbyLaw 6th July 2011, 19:52

Application for the Republic of Norston to join the AIN

National Flag:
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Sblflag121

National Coat of Arms:
Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston 54364734

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Newlocation

National FactFile:

Nation Name (Longest Official Form): The Republic of Norston
Nation Name (Native Form): Norston
National Anthem: God Bless the Republic
National Motto: Peace, Freedom and Equality
CJ Motto: The one and the only

Capital: Columbia City, Amnot
Government: Representative Democracy
Head(s) of State:
- President: John F. McDowell
- Vice President: Franklin J. Morse
- Minister of Foreign Affairs: James D. Howard

Offical Language(s): English
Population: 55,430,123
Area: Confidential
Climate: Temperate, Atlantic
GDP ($ - Per Capita): USD$ 2.2 trillion - ($41,102 - per capita)
HDI: .886 (2010)
Drives on the: right
Internet TLD: .nr
Telephone Code: +700

Republic of Norston History

In 1501, after the Americas were discovered an Englishman named Charles Norston IV became interested in exploration and pursued to get money for a journey to the Americas. The British Parliament agreed to pay for the voyage and gave Norston the money. A couple of years later in 1503, Norston had a ship, 25 crew members and supplies for the voyage. Once the ship set sail there were many problems. Norston decided that this was to risky and turned back and headed for home.

In 1512, Norston regathered his crew and set sail once again. This time he picked a different route that lead him more North than the last time. Within three months the ship went off course and landed on a massive island. Norston then claimed the land for England and started to build a colony which he called Columbia. After five years the colony expanded inward and outward. Several other colonies started to spring up on the coast line and the island became a major hub for merchants all over the world.

The British Parliament then colonized the Americas. The Englishman began to the with the island and both colonies grew. Soon the Parliament enacted several acts(laws) on the American colonies and the American colonists were furious with Parliament. With tensions rising the Revolutionary War became a reality.

With the fear of acts (laws) like the ones on the American colonists, the people of the island sent representatives from each colony to a town hall in Columbia to discuss the topic. The representatives then decides that the best choice for the island was to declare independence. Several members wrote up a draft for the declaration and it was adjusted to make everyone happy. With the Revolutionary War, Britain didn't need another war and agreed to the terms as long as they traded with Britain. On January 9th, 1769 the Norston Republic was born.

To this day the republic has been strengthened and many more people have moved to the new nation. The country has prospered and grew to become one of the biggest countries in the world with over 80 million people living in the nation and more moving each day. The United Kingdom (Britain), the United States of America and the Norston Republic are now major allies who help each other whenever it is needed.

Pictures of the Norston Republic

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Larscombemar17041292973

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Larscombemar17041292972

===============================================================================

I just want to say that I've always wanted to join the AIN and I hope that with this applications I can.

Thank you,
John F. McDowell
President of the Republic of Norston
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston

Post by JJ 6th July 2011, 20:15

OH=
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston Empty Re: Approved: Associate Membership | Republic of Norston

Post by Thomas 6th July 2011, 20:17

COLOR CODING:

Green means you have completed this to a good standard and no improvements are required to progress
Orange means you have completed this to a reasonable standard but this will need to be improved on if you become an associate member. (in other words, this must turn green before applying for member state)
Red means this has been completed to a poor standard and will need to be improved before your application can progress
Bolded black means that this has not been included in your application and therefore you will need to provide evidence before your application can progress. In the secondary list, you will only have to provide evidence if you have not provided four other greens/oranges.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS - All must be green

A minimum of ten in-game pictures of your nation
A unique and realistic flag of your nation
A unique and realistic coat of arms for your nation
A map of your nation's location that does not overlap with an existing AIN nation and is realistic to your CJ style
A type of government that again matches your CJ style
A realistic size and population of your nation
No in-game UI
A reasonable ratio of custom content to maxis provided content (50/50 minimum), as that there is little repetition and a constant style of architecture
A detailed and realistic context (history) for your nation - Seems a bit far-fetched. Needs to be tightened up a bit.
The Network Addon Mod (NAM)

SUPPLEMENTARY REQUIREMENTS - At least 4 must be green

A custom terrain mod
Previous, positive and active contribution to the AIN
Attention to detail

A custom water mod
A decent amount of realism (no airports ending with a mountain or skyscrapers in the middle of a small town)
Regular updates and commitment to an external city journal (on either Simtropolis, SC4Devotion, SimPeg or Simsports, links required)
Active participation in a previous union (links required)[/b]
Have hosted a community event (must have been on a previous union or a site such as Simtropolis, SC4Devotion or Simsports, links required)
Realistic transport network appropriate to your city style and location (maps or pictures should be provided)
Custom Trees
Decent attempt at custom BATs/lots (pictures required)

COMMENTS:

I like it as an associate application. In terms of population, it's fine, and the main improvement I would suggest at this stage to get you up to Member State quality is more diverse images. But regardless of this, I can now declare voting OPEN.
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 6th July 2011, 20:54

Thank you Smile
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 6th July 2011, 21:19

Yes from me.
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 6th July 2011, 21:35

I, the Ministress of Culture, Arts and Sport, have voted! My will be done!
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 6th July 2011, 21:40

Yes Cheeky/Razz Do you have Skype?
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 6th July 2011, 21:43

Yes, I do
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 6th July 2011, 21:43

Post me a PM with a link, i will add you to me and if you want and apply to the official ain skype.
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 6th July 2011, 22:07

Yes from me, but there are a few things that you should consider in improving like:

-You should consider in making an open big space in that city because large cities need some space to breath and a big square with channels or a big park like in New York made it very different;

-I just saw pics of an only city, it would be nice if you post more pics about other places in the country.

Overall: Yes but you should improve it!

Be free to make me some question or if want help in anything PM me! Laugh

Oh, I am glad to Norston to become a AIN member.
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blakeway4 6th July 2011, 22:31

Awesome application my friend! Smile Glad you choose us.
Blakeway4
Blakeway4
International Bigwig

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 6th July 2011, 22:36

Very good start!

I would suggest maybe filling in some of those spaces between buildings with something. It just seems that your city there is a little empty.

Also, depending on which kind of cities you're modeling your cities after, you should follow certain cues.

For example, if you're making:

--North American cities, I would suggest clustering some towers, while gradually downsizing the size of the buildings as you digress from the downtown. Also, as Miguel said, you should place some parks and plazas intermingling with the buildings as you move out from the downtown.

Once you get farther outside the downtown, construct urban residential neighborhoods and suburbs, eventually leading to country towns and farmland.

Cities to observe/model: Seattle, Chicago, Little Rock, Los Angeles

--European (UK) Cities: Tons of W2W, with a church and town hall at the center of the downtown area. Usually, a CBD is different than the downtown, unlike North American cities. CBD would have modern mid rise and high rises in a tight area, otherwise only a handful spread out over the entire city.

Cities to observe/model: London, Glasgow, Brussels, Hamburg
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 6th July 2011, 22:42

Thanks for the tips! All of them will be put to great use!
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 7th July 2011, 02:29

2 more votes Smile
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th July 2011, 02:54

Actually, it's four. We currently have 23 members, so 12 is a simple majority. I have no doubt that it will reach it soon. Smile
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by hiigarar 7th July 2011, 14:19

Almost 12 )))
hiigarar
hiigarar
Ambassador At Large

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th July 2011, 23:36

I'm just gonna call this one. The poll's been up for a few days now and although it hasn't technically reached a majority, it has hit 10 yes votes with 0 no votes. Logic would dictate that it is highly unlikely there would be a sudden run of no votes.

Therefore, the Republic of Norston is hereby admitted to the Alliance of Independent Nations as an Associate Member.

Congratulations and welcome to the AIN!
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by SmartbyLaw 7th July 2011, 23:41

Omg thank you so much!
SmartbyLaw
SmartbyLaw
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Daniel 7th July 2011, 23:49

No worries! Your CJ is here: http://www.aoin.eu/f157-republic-of-norston
Daniel
Daniel
On Leave

Back to top Go down

Post by JJ 8th July 2011, 00:57

OH-
JJ
JJ
Permanent Secretary

Back to top Go down

Post by Liberater444 8th July 2011, 06:46

welcome!
Liberater444
Liberater444
Ambassador At Large

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MiguelLeal 8th July 2011, 08:37

Welcome, man!!
MiguelLeal
MiguelLeal
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas 8th July 2011, 11:26

Congratulations and welcome to the AIN.
In the future, when you feel you are ready, you can apply for Member Statehood, which will involve us comparing your current application to your member state application and deciding whether you have improved enough to become a "full" member. I know you're working very hard on your CJ so I'm sure it won't be long until you apply. Wink

Once again, welcome to the AIN!
Thomas
Thomas
Overlord of Eurasia

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ForthWall 8th July 2011, 15:37

Welcome!
ForthWall
ForthWall
Chancellor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down